LOCATION:California, Pennsylvania; about 35 miles from Pittsburgh
CAMPUS SIZE: 294 acres (includes main campus, Roadman Park complex, and SAI Farm)
ENROLLMENT: 5,174 undergraduates and
2,138 graduate students
STUDENT-FACULTY RATIO: 18:1
ACADEMICS: 100+ undergraduate and 95+ graduate programs (75+ online programs)
PROGRAM DELIVERY: On-campus classes or Cal U Global Online
UNIVERSITY HOUSING:Six main-campus residence halls and Vulcan Village apartments
18 NCAA Division II sports teams (eight for men, 10 for women)
CLUBS/ORGANIZATIONS:More than 100
• Transfer students make up more than one-third of Cal U’s new student class each year.
• Our goal is to ensure that you receive a fair and timely assessment of all your transfer credits. Cal U evaluates credits from schools where students have earned a grade of D or better. Pennsylvania’s statewide transfer system guarantees your credits will transfer from Pennsylvania community colleges, Lackawanna College, or one of the 14 Pennsylvania State System schools. We also review military credits, Prior Learning Assessment (PLA), and CLEP, DANTES, AP Tests, and International Baccalaureate (IB) exams. Cal U helps transfer students make important changes easy and seamlessly. Let us help you make your move.
• 70% of Cal U transfer students are commuters. Feel at home on campus with dedicated spaces and take advantage of the great University amenities.
• The Center for Undergraduate Research promotes inquiry in all fields of study. Dig into a topic that fascinates you, then show off your discoveries at the Center’s annual conference.
• The Office of Academic Success is a one-stop center that helps students thrive. Cal U also offers the Four-Year Grad Plan to help students graduate on time. Get help with scheduling, connect with a Peer Mentor, or build academic skills at the STEM Lab, Reading Clinic, or Writing Center.
• The Career and Professional Development Center helps you choose a major and gain experience through job shadowing, paid co-ops, and internships. Learn to create a winning résumé, build a personal brand, connect with employers, and launch your career.