California University of Pennsylvania focuses on higher education that molds graduates for high-impact careers.
LOCATION:California, Pennsylvania; about 35 miles from Pittsburgh
CAMPUS SIZE: 294 acres (includes main campus, Roadman Park complex, and SAI Farm)
ENROLLMENT: 5,174 undergraduates and
2,138 graduate students
STUDENT-FACULTY RATIO: 18:1
ACADEMICS: 100+ undergraduate and 95+ graduate programs (75+ online programs)
PROGRAM DELIVERY: On-campus classes or Cal U Global Online
UNIVERSITY HOUSING:Six main-campus residence halls and Vulcan Village apartments
18 NCAA Division II sports teams (eight for men, 10 for women)
CLUBS/ORGANIZATIONS:More than 100
• Transfer students make up more than one-third of Cal U’s new student class each year.
• Our goal is to ensure that you receive a fair and timely assessment of all your transfer credits. Cal U evaluates credits from schools where students have earned a grade of D or better. Pennsylvania’s statewide transfer system guarantees your credits will transfer from Pennsylvania community colleges, Lackawanna College, or one of the 14 Pennsylvania State System schools. We also review military credits, Prior Learning Assessment (PLA), and CLEP, DANTES, AP Tests, and International Baccalaureate (IB) exams. Cal U helps transfer students make important changes easy and seamlessly. Let us help you make your move.
• 70% of Cal U transfer students are commuters. Feel at home on campus with dedicated spaces and take advantage of the great University amenities.
• The Center for Undergraduate Research promotes inquiry in all fields of study. Dig into a topic that fascinates you, then show off your discoveries at the Center’s annual conference.
• The Office of Academic Success is a one-stop center that helps students thrive. Cal U also offers the Four-Year Grad Plan to help students graduate on time. Get help with scheduling, connect with a Peer Mentor, or build academic skills at the STEM Lab, Reading Clinic, or Writing Center.
• The Career and Professional Development Center helps you choose a major and gain experience through job shadowing, paid co-ops, and internships. Learn to create a winning résumé, build a personal brand, connect with employers, and launch your career.
Our special mission in science and technology and our commitment to community service prepare Cal U graduates to blaze through the challenges of the workplaces of tomorrow.
Whether you study on our beautiful riverside campus or online,your California University education begins with a solid academicfoundation.
Located south of Pittsburgh, one of the nation’s most innovative regions, Cal U offers over 100 undergraduate programs of study and more than 95 graduate and professional degree programs, plus professional certificates and licensures.
In touch with the workplace
Cal U’s expert professors monitorworkforce needs and develop new programs in high-demand fields. Many of Cal U’s academic programs are accredited by national agencies—your assurance that Cal U programsmeet the highest standards for excellence. And most academic programs include hands-on activities, fieldwork, clinical practice, or meaningful research, so you can begin building your résumé even before graduation.
As a member of Pennsylvania’s State System of Higher Education, Cal U is your best value for higher education. Every applicant who submits a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) is considered for financial assistance. Cal U provides need-based aid to 74% of undergraduate students. The Financial Aid Office will create a personalized financial aid package to suit your specific situation.
California University is committed to assisting our transfer students as they forge their future. Collegecredit is generously awarded for prior coursework, and previously earned certifications or other on-the-job learning may shorten your time to graduation.
For a courtesy transfer credit evaluation, complete the request form at calu.edu/transfer.