California University of Pennsylvania focuses on practical, skills-based education that molds graduates for high-impact careers. Our special mission in science and technology and our commitment to community service prepare Cal U graduates to blaze through the challenges of the workplace of tomorrow.
FAST FACTS ABOUT CALIFORNIA UNIVERSITY OF PENNSYLVANIA
Location: California, Pennsylvania; about 35 miles from Pittsburgh
Campus size: 294 acres (includes main campus, Roadman Park complex, and SAI Farm)
Enrollment: 5,522 undergraduates, 2,031 graduate students
Student-faculty ratio: 19:1
Academics: 100+ undergraduate and 50+ graduate programs
Program delivery: On-campus classes or Cal U Global Online
University housing: Six main-campus residence halls; Vulcan Village apartments
Athletics: 16 NCAA Division II sports teams (seven for men, nine for women)
Clubs/organizations: More than 100
Cal U:Beyond the basics
• The University Honors Program encourages talented students to tackle challenging courses taught by distinguished professors. Qualifying students may choose to live in the Smith Honors Residence Hall.
• The Center for Undergraduate Research promotes inquiry in all fields of study. Dig into a topic that fascinates you, then show off your discoveries at the center’s annual conference.
• The Center for Volunteer Programs and Service Learning identifies inspiring and impactful projects that make the world a better place. Record your leadership and community service experiences on your official Activities Transcript.
• The Office of Academic Success is a one-stop center that helps students succeed and graduate on time. Get help with scheduling, connect with a Peer Mentor, or build academic skills at the Math Lab, Reading Clinic, or Writing Center.
• The Career and Professional Development Center helps you choose a major and gain experience through job-shadowing, paid co-ops, and internships. Learn to create a winning résumé, build a personal brand, connect with employers, and launch your career.
Whether you study on our beautiful riverside campus or 100% online, your California University education begins with a solid academic foundation. Located south of Pittsburgh, one of the nation’s most innovative regions, Cal U offers more than 100 undergraduate programs of study and nearly 60 graduate degree programs, plus professional certificates and licensures.
In touch with the workplace
Cal U’s expert professors monitor workforce needs and develop new programs in high-demand fields. Many of Cal U’s academic programs are accredited by national agencies—your assurance that Cal U programs meet the highest standards for excellence. And most academic programs include hands-on activities, field work, clinical practice, or meaningful research, so you can begin building a résumé even before graduation.
As a member of Pennsylvania’s State System of Higher Education, Cal U is your best value for higher education. Every applicant who submits a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) is considered for assistance. Last year Cal U disbursed more than $23.5 million in merit- and need-based scholarships.
California University is committed to assisting our transfer students as they forge their future. College credit is generously awarded for prior college course work, and previously earned certifications or other on-the-job learning may shorten your time to graduation.
For a courtesy transfer credit evaluation, complete the request form at calu.edu/transfercredit.
A proud member of Pennsylvania’s State System of Higher Education calu.edu