Success starts here
New Jersey City University (NJCU) is a medium-sized comprehensive university with 8,000 full-time undergraduates. The University’s close-knit community ensures that you will receive the personal attention you need to be successful.
NJCU’s campus has both charm and beauty with its floral paths, greenery, and places to enjoy nature in the midst of an urban setting—and Jersey City was voted among the 100 Best Cities for Millennials, giving students, recent graduates, and young professionals a great reason to study at the University—and to stay in NJCU’s hometown.
Financial aid and scholarships
Awarded at the time of your acceptance, our merit scholarships reward you for your hard work throughout your academic career!
Transfer Scholarships range from $10,000–$20,000. The Transfer Scholarship is based on the cumulative GPA of all the institutions you have attended.
NJCU has approximately $1 million in scholarships available each year. Students are also encouraged to apply for the many federal and state financial aid options that include grants, loans, and a work-study program.
Something for everyone!
The New Jersey City University offers many opportunities to get involved on campus. From special-interest groups and Greek life to major-specific organizations, religiously affiliated organizations, club sports, and Division II varsity sports, you’ll find something to suit your interests.
With so many different things to keep you busy, “bored” is nevera word we hear on campus!
Just for transfer students
We cater to transfer students! In addition to the over 170 clubs and organizations open to all students, there are some that are just for our transfer students. Among these are TRANSFERmation, an organization designed to make sure you will always have somewhere to turn for fun events, support, and meeting new people in the Gothic Knight family!
Transfer here, go anywhere
Thinking about transferring to NJCU? You are in excellent company! Transfer students have been described as NJCU’s “secret success story.” As a group, they are among the University’s best prepared and most focused students. They know what to expect and demand from their college education, and they go on to successful careers.
If you have the ambition and the desire to succeed, make the move to NJCU.
There are as many reasons to transfer to NJCU as people who transfer here. As an NJCU student, you can:
• Complete your college degree
• Prepare for a change of career
• Take advantage of NJCU’s reputation, especially in programs such as Fire Science, Education, Criminal Justice, Music, and Media Arts
• Enter a fast-track program to achieve your goal as quickly as possible
• Combine quality education with affordable tuition
• Attend college in a secure and convenient location in the heart of real-world opportunity
Do something meaningful—for yourself. Transfer to NJCU to achieve your goals for your education, career, and life.
Learn from great faculty
NJCU professors are engaging and accessible, combining prestigious academic credentials with real-world professional experience. They will challenge you to open your mind, think critically, and apply what you learn. Research and publishing are common and valued among our faculty, but they all agree that at NJCU, teaching matters most. In fact, close to 90% of our upper-level students state that NJCU faculty care about their well-being—our faculty love to teach, and they take a deep interest in seeing their students succeed!
Test drive a career
NJCU’s Cooperative Education Program enables students to combine classroom learning with practical experience that helps clarify career goals. Co-op students are offered salaried, entry-level, professional positions in financial institutions, media facilities, service organizations, health agencies, commercial operations, and more. They earn money, receive academic credit, and develop new skills as they “test drive” a career, build a professional network and open doors to opportunity after graduation.
Transfer your credits to NJCU
NJCU accepts credits from accredited institutions for college-level courses in which you earned a grade of “C” or higher in subjects that are relevant to the courses of study offered at NJCU. Through NJCU’s partnerships with community colleges, your AA or AS degree and a GPA of 2.0 guarantees you admission to NJCU. Your admissions counselor can help you determine which of your credits are transferable and help you decide on a major. To learn more, visit njcu.edu.
Make a smart choice
NJCU isn’t just a great choice for transfer students. It’s a great choice, period. Our thriving community of learners is distinctive in ways that matter:
• Experimental learning: Our curriculum emphasizes the application of theory through activities that include laboratory experiments, performance, exhibition, internships, and co-op employment.
• Partnerships: NJCU partners with community organizations and corporations that provide our students with scholarships, internships, and co-op employment.
• Technology across the curriculum: We enthusiastically apply technology—not for its own sake but for the ways it enhances learning.
• Community spirit: NJCU embraces our community, celebrating what is good and working for continual improvement.
Make a smart choice: Transfer to NJCU!
Apply for Admission Now—It’s Easy!
Get started at njcu.edu. All you need is:
• A completed application for admission to NJCU
• Official transcripts from all colleges or universities you have attended
• Your admission essay
Where NJCU Graduates Work
Apple Inc. | Arc of Essex | Axe Advisors | Bayonne Medical Center | Best in Care Solutions | Cablevision | Cambridge Security | Core Services | Coyne PR | Department of Children and Families | Enterprise | Fidelity | Goldman Sachs | Harrison Board of Education | Hudson County Sheriff’s Department | Hybridge Learning Group | International Rescue Committee | US Library of Congress | US Postal Service | Jersey City Board of Education | Kearny Fire Department | Khuene + Nagel | Newark Public Schools | News 12 New Jersey | New York Daily News | Nordstrom | Omega Biochem Labs | Owen | Port Authority of NY and NJ | PricewaterhouseCoopers LLC | River Side Preschool | Saint Barnabas Health | Teach For America | Wyndham Worldwide
• Art History
• Art Therapy
• Digital Design and Illustration
• General Crafts
• Graphic Design
• Jewelry and Metalsmithing
• Cardiac Sonography
• Clinical Laboratory Sciences
• Dental Hygiene Sciences
• Diagnostic Medical Sonography
• Imaging Sciences
• Medical Laboratory Sciences
• Medical Imaging Sciences
• Nuclear Medicine
• Pre-dental Medicine
• Vascular Sonography
• Accounting Dual Degree BA/MS
• Global Business
Chemistry Computer Science
• Computer Science
• Health Information Management
Criminal Justice Education
• Early Childhood Education
• Elementary Education
• Secondary Education
• Special Education
Fire Science Earth and Environmental Sciences
• Earth Science
• Environmental Science
• Education Certification
• Health Sciences with Teacher of Health
• Public Health Education
Music, Dance, Theatre
• Classical/Instrumental, Piano, Voice
• Music Business
• Music Theater
• Jazz Registered Nurse (RN) to BSN
• Jazz Accelerated Nursing BSN
• Jazz Applied Physics
• Jazz Applied Physics/Electrical Engineering
• National Security Studies
Women’s and Gender Studies