Founded in 1833, Stephens College believes in providing bold, ambitious young women with the tools, knowledge, and experiences they need to chase down their dreams. Stephens will provide you with experiential learning, career preparation, and leadership opportunities that emphasize the individual and challenge you to pursue your goals.
• Our advisors and professors will help you determine the career path that best supports your interests, strengths, and goals.
• We will expose you to a full range of health care issues and career options that will broaden your understanding of the industry and its many opportunities.
• We are located in Columbia, Missouri, a great place to study health care because it’s home to a wide variety of cutting-edge health care facilities.
• Our classes are small—a 10:1 student-faculty ratio—making it easier to ask questions and be involved.
• Expanded leadership opportunities, internships, and capstone experiences complement in-class learning.
• A new state-of-the-art Center for Health Sciences opened in August 2016.
Living at Stephens
• Columbia is ranked one of the best college towns in America and is home to 36,000+ college students. This coeducational college town offers big-time college sports; film, music, and arts festivals; abundant recreation; and a vibrant downtown, which is only minutes from the Stephens campus.
• Columbia is also home to a strong medical community, with two outstanding hospital facilities that provide opportunities for volunteering, internships, shadowing, and other career-building experiences.
• Most undergraduates live on campus—steps away from friends, professors, classrooms, labs, dining, and free laundry facilities.
• We offer traditional residential halls, special housing communities, and apartment-style suites and options—all with residential advisors and programming. We’re also considered one of the most pet-friendly campuses in the country, so bring Fido to college and feel at home.
5 reasons you belong in the Stephens College School of Health Sciences
1. 10+ degree tracks and programs, from pre-professional and clinical tracks that prepare you for success in graduate school to management tracks that prepare you for career success immediately in a high-growth field
2. New degree in expanding field of Exercise Science
3. Unique collaboration with on-campus Equestrian program
4. New state-of-the-art Center for Health Sciences, home to our Master of Physician Assistant Studies program
5. Women’s college environment that promotes career exploration, mentorship, and respect for your personal path
PROGRAMS OF STUDY
• Biology, including Pre-med and Pre-vet
• Equestrian Studies
• Exercise Science
• Health Information Administration (100% online)
• Health Science Fitness and Wellness
• Health Science Generalist
• Health Science Healthcare Management
• Health Science Pre-chiropractic
• Health Science Pre-occupational Therapy
• Health Science Pre-physical Therapy
• Health Science Pre-physician Assistant
• Master of Education in Counseling
• Master of Physician Assistant Studies