Browse our program subject areas
• Accounting, Economics, and Finance
• Allied Health Professions
• Art and Design
• Built Environment
• Business and Management
• Creative Technologies
• Drama, Acting, and Music
• Education and Childhood
• Filmmaking, Animation, and Photography
• Geography, Planning, and Environmental Management
• Journalism, Media, and Public Relations
• Nursing and Midwifery
• Social Sciences
• Social Work
UWE Bristol in Numbers
Achieving great things
• Top 10 in the UK for student satisfaction (National Student Survey 2018)
• Top 40—UWE Bristol was ranked 37th out of 121 UK institutions.
• We’ve been awarded Gold status in the 2018 UK government rankings for higher education providers. This is the highest possible rating in the Teaching Excellence and Student Outcomes Framework (TEF) 2018.
• Bristol was voted as the best place to live in the UK (The Sunday Times, 2017).
• Our graduates love Bristol—over 50% stay in the city after graduating.
Investing in you
• We’re investing £300 million into our accommodation, equipment, and technology to bring you the very best student experience.
• 94% of our first-degree graduates are in work or further study six months after graduating (Destinations of Leavers from Higher Education, 2018).
• Getting you career ready—more than 9,200 placements were undertaken in 2016–2017.
Life outside the lecture theater
• Our students come from over 140 countries, so you’ll make new friends from all over the world.
• We have 8,000 members of sports clubs, societies, and networks.
More than a UK degree—discover your 360° experience
So you want a great college degree? To travel and explore? And discover your best you? Come to UWE Bristol, UK, and you can do just that.
At UWE Bristol, we believe your college years should be a 360-degree experience. Sure, you’ll learn amazing things academically—that’s what you can expect from a TEF-Gold rated college. But that’s only the beginning. College life at UWE Bristol is a great mix of real-world experience and opportunities to connect with top people in your field. It’s a buzzing, inspiring, supportive community to live, learn, and grow in and offers life-changing experiences that help you discover just how much you can achieve.
The city you’ll love
We love Bristol, and it’s easy to see why. It’s a thriving yet relaxed city of social, cultural, and enterprise activity; home to over 400,000 people; big enough to be fun, small enough to be friendly; and way more affordable than London. A diverse city with a creative and independent vibe, Bristol dances to its own beat with its own unique culture. Here you’ll find a buzzing music scene, great nightlife, a fantastic choice of restaurants, and plenty of green space too.
Bristol is also perfectly positioned for you to explore the rest of the UK and Europe. With two train stations, a bus station, and its own international airport, getting around is easy. Hop on the train and arrive in Bath in just 15 minutes or London in just 90 minutes. And with Europe right on your doorstep, jetting off to Paris, Amsterdam, Venice, or Rome for the weekend doesn’t have to be just a dream. It’s yours to discover.
The support you’ll need
We know it can be a little daunting at first as an international student, which is why we’ll make you feel at home from day one. The Global Student Support team are here to help you settle in when you first arrive. They organize many exciting social events to help you adapt to your new environment. But the support doesn’t stop there; you can access our support services whenever you need them.
We’re investing heavily in our facilities to bring you the very best student experience. Take advantage of our different learning approaches and inspiring learning spaces, such as our financial trading room, multimedia broadcast studios, mock courtrooms, 24/7 library, and our Centre for Sport. All you need is here for you.
The program you want
We’ve built strong connections with over 7,000 employers, including multinationals like Rolls-Royce and L’Oréal. This enables us to develop industry-relevant degree programs that meet the latest professional standards. And you benefit by getting involved in exciting work placements and internships that help shape you into a skilled, confident, career-ready graduate.