AT A GLANCE
• Founded in 1855 for the exclusive purpose of being a teacher education college
• Most affordable comprehensive university in New Jersey
• One of the top five most diverse campuses in the United States, as ranked by DiversityInc
• Federally designated as a Hispanic-Serving Institution
• 16,000+ student population
• 50+ undergraduate degree programs
• 60+ options for graduate study
• Average class size of 20 students
• 30 minutes to New York City, with a train station adjacent to campus
• Internships at top-tier companies in New York City and New Jersey
• Study abroad in 30+ countries, including Wenzhou-Kean University (WKU), one of only three US colleges with English-speaking campuses in China
• Ranked “Best College Dorm Rooms” at a public university in New Jersey by Niche
• 170+ honor societies, cultural and student organizations, fraternities, and sororities
• 14 NCAA Division III intercollegiate varsity sports
• Three fitness centers on campus
• On-campus access to New Jersey Transit, Zipcars, and shuttle buses
• 11 eateries on campus, including two Starbucks, Smashburger, Jersey Mike’s Subs, Auntie Anne’s, and Barnes & Noble Café
Ranked as one of the top five “Most Diverse Schools” in the United States by DiversityInc and a designated Hispanic-Serving Institution, Kean University prepares students for a variety of challenging careers in the evolving global economy. The University offers 50+ undergraduate degrees and 60+ graduate study options, including the School of Fine and Performing Arts, where you can cultivate your talents under the guidance of dedicated professors who are working in the field.
In the Music Conservatory, you can make the most of your musical talent through highly individualized instruction. Students who pursue a Music degree acquire a well-rounded education while working with world-class professional musicians and scholars to advance their musicianship and deepen their understanding of music culture and ideas.
In the Theatre Conservatory, thestage will be set for a successful career as you become part of a community that is passionate about theatre and helps you discover the best in yourself and others. Students who pursue a Theatre degree expand their critical skills through studies in the liberal arts and hone their craft in classes and performances. Theatre majors also have the uncommon opportunity to earn professional credits in the Actors’ Equity Association as students here on campus.
And that’s just the beginning. Kean celebrates the success of allalumni, from becoming a locally known playwright to performing on the big stage with a two-time Tony Award winner and beyond. Kean prepares students for rewarding careers, lifelong learning, and fulfilling lives—all while maintaining one of the lowest tuition rates in New Jersey.
Financing your education
Kean is the most affordable comprehensive university in New Jersey, with students graduating with 32%less debt than the national average. With Kean’s scholarships and aid programs, including an out-of-state campus residency scholarship, students can achieve their academic goals with less of a financial burdenby utilizing a wide variety of University, federal, and state financial assistance, including merit scholarships, grants, and loans.
Student and campus life
Life at Kean is a vibrant mix of academic, social, and cultural activities—students get involved both on and off campus with access to résumé-building internships locally and in Manhattan.
Kean is a 30-minute train ride to New York City direct from campus, while world-class music, dance, and theatrical performances engage you right here. Premiere Stages, one of seven theatres on campus, is a professional equity theatre that supports the development and production of work by local playwrights. And with more than 170 cultural and student organizations and honor societies, Kean offers students a wealth of social and educational opportunities.
Residential student services
Ranked “Best College Dorm Rooms” among public universities in New Jersey by Niche, Kean’s residence hallsare vibrant communities of close to 2,000 students, where new ideas andgreater independence are explored. Leadership opportunities, Greek life, service, dining, the arts, athletics, and so much more await you as aKean residential student.
Visit Kean to learn more about the University and its many opportunities and to experience our world-class facilities. Find your path to climb higher! kean.edu/visit