AT A GLANCE
• Founded in 1855 for the exclusive purpose of being a teacher education college
• Most affordable comprehensive university in New Jersey
• One of the top five most diverse campuses in the United States, as ranked by DiversityInc
• Federally designated as a Hispanic-Serving Institution
• 16,000+ student population
• 50+ undergraduate degree programs
• 60+ options for graduate study
• Average class size of 20 students
• 30 minutes to New York City, with a train station adjacent to campus
• Internships at top-tier companies in New York City and New Jersey
• Study abroad in 30+ countries, including Wenzhou-Kean University (WKU), one of only three US colleges with English-speaking campuses in China
• Ranked “Best College Dorm Rooms” at a public university in New Jersey by Niche
• 170+ honor societies, cultural and student organizations, fraternities, and sororities
• 14 NCAA Division III intercollegiate varsity sports
• Three fitness centers on campus
• On-campus access to New Jersey Transit, Zipcars, and shuttle buses
• 11 eateries on campus, including two Starbucks, Smashburger, Jersey Mike’s Subs, Auntie Anne’s, and Barnes & Noble Café
Ranked as one of the top five “Most Diverse Schools” in the nation by DiversityInc and a designated Hispanic-Serving Institution, Kean University prepares students for challenging careers in the evolving global economy.
The University offers 50+ undergraduate degrees and 60+ graduate study options, including the Robert Busch School of Design, where you can cultivate your talents under the guidance of dedicated professors who are working in the field.
In the Fine Arts Conservatory, you will develop your creative and critical-thinking powers and enhance your skills in the studio. Students who pursue a degree in Studio Art have in-depth specializations in a variety of media, a background in the liberal arts, and a grounding in the professional aspects of the field. Interested in photography or painting and drawing? Choose from one of eight different concentrations to specialize in or get general training in the visual arts with a Fine Arts degree.
In the Michael Graves College, students are educated intensively in degree programs that carry out studio-based education in the Robert Busch School of Design. Advertising Design and Graphic Design degrees include extensive lecture, studio, and technology experiences, plus presentations and reviews by external professional designers.
And that’s just the beginning. Kean celebrates the success of all alumni, from Studio Art graduate entrepreneurs to designers whoseclothes are worn by celebrities and beyond. Kean prepares students for rewarding careers, lifelong learning, and fulfilling lives—all while maintaining one of the lowest tuition rates in New Jersey.
Financing your education
Kean is the most affordable comprehensive university in New Jersey,with students graduating with 32% less debt than the national average. With Kean’s scholarships and aid programs, including an out-of-state campus residency scholarship, students can achieve their academic goals with less of a financial burdenby utilizing a wide variety of University, federal, and state financial assistance, including merit scholarships, grants, and loans.
Student and campus life
Life at Kean is a vibrant mix of academic, social, and cultural activities—students get involved both on and off campus with access to résumé-building internships locally and in Manhattan.
Kean is a 30-minute train ride to New York City direct from campus, while world-class music, dance, and theatrical performances engage you right here. Premiere Stages, one of seven theatres on campus, is a professional equity theatre that supports the development and production of work by local playwrights. And with 170+ cultural and student organizations and honor societies, Kean offers its students a wealth of social and educational opportunities.
Residential student services
Ranked “Best College Dorm Rooms” among public universities in New Jersey by Niche, Kean’s residence halls are vibrant communities of close to 2,000 students, where new ideas and greater independence are explored. Leadership opportunities, Greek life, service, dining, the arts, athletics, and so much more await you as a Kean residential student.
Visit Kean to learn more about the University and its many opportunities and to experience our world-class facilities for yourself. Find your path to climb higher! kean.edu/visit