Our campus is located in Fresno, in the heart of California’s Central Valley and within a short drive of mountains, beaches, and national parks. Discover Fresno’s thriving arts, food, and music scene as you enjoy more than 300 days of pure sunshine a year.
AT A GLANCE
Type of School: Private
Size of Campus: 50 acres
Number of Students: 1,100 traditional undergraduate students
Number of Faculty: 13:1 student-faculty ratio
Colleges, programs, and degrees: 100+ areas of study
• Liberal Studies (Education)
• Pre-health Sciences
• Accelerated Doctor of Pharmacy
• Liberal Studies (Education)
• Software Engineering
• STEM Learning Communities
• University Scholars program
• 40% Latinx students
• Most diverse private Christian school in the state
International Student Services:
• International Club: Stay connected and learn from others who come here from around the world.
• Parade of Nations: On Thanksgiving Day, international students carry their country’s flag on campus when attending the all-school lunch. Each country’s diversity is celebrated by the entire campus.
• Light Up the World: This is a cultural sharing event that takes place every semester. Hear unique stories from international students and be immersed through music, decor, poetry, dance, and much more.
• Intercultural Day: Everyone on campus is invited to join in a multicultural lunch with food from all around the world served by students representing those countries.
International Student Budget:
Tuition and Fees $32,458
Room, Food, and Health Insurance $10,524
Books and Supplies $600
Total Estimate of Funds Needed $43,582
Financial Aid: Over 98% of students receive financial aid, with more than $29 million in aid awarded every year. FPU awards based on academic record and test scores can go all the way up to full tuition. Performance scholarships are also available for music, theater, and athletics (audition and/or recruitment may be required).
Test Score Requirements:
SAT: 980 composite
ACT: 19 composite
Application Deadlines and Fees:
December 1—Priority 1 deadline
March 1—Priority 2 deadline
August 15—Regular deadline
December 1—Priority deadline
January 2—Regular deadline
• Institutional control: Private
• Religious affiliation: Mennonite Brethren
• Mascot: Sunbird
• 1,100 traditional undergraduate students
• 100+ areas of study
• 15 NCAA Division II sports teams
• 13:1 student-faculty ratio
• 5th-largest city in California
• #1 Christian school among “Best Colleges for Transfer Students” (Money magazine)
• #1 “Most Affordable Christian Colleges & Universities—West” (christianuniversitiesonline.org)
• #1 “Best College for Education” in California (niche.com)
Through a challenging liberal arts education driven by values rooted in the Christian faith, you’ll gain the confidence and determination necessary for you to succeed in your career and in your life.
Our campus is located in Fresno, in the heart of California’s Central Valley and within a short drive of mountains, beaches, and national parks. Discover Fresno’s thriving arts, food, and music scene as you enjoy more than 300 days of pure sunshine a year. Attend a weekend retreat, join a club, grab a frappe at Charlotte’s Coffee Corner, or start a game of Frisbee on the campus green—you’ll always find someone ready to join you.
Spiritual life is woven into the fabric of our community—it’s part of our classes, residence halls, and extracurriculars. Grow in your faith by attending chapel services, joining a ministry team, or studying the Bible with your friends. Whetheryou prefer a traditional worship service or a talk series focused on current issues, you’ll find it at FPU.
We have more than 100 areas of study with 40 majors and 38 minors, and we provide numerous study abroad opportunities and internships where you’ll gain invaluable hands-on experiences in the field you’re called to.
Create, study, and experience the arts through a variety of academic and extracurricular opportunities,which include choirs, theater productions, and music ensembles. More than 80% of our professors are experts in their fields and hold a PhD, meaning you’ll learn from the very best no matter what you choose to study.
Our small class sizes and student-faculty ratio of 13:1 allow professors to get to know you and truly invest in your life—challenging, mentoring, and pushing you to be your best. Talk to your professors about a new research idea over lunch or meet up during office hours.
Put yourself to the test not only in the classroom but also on the field, court, or track or in the pool as an FPU Sunbird athlete. We compete in the NCAA Division II Pacific West Conference and have 15 teams, over 52 national titles, and 309 student-athletes—111 of whom have achieved academic honors.
We want to ensure you stay focused on your education while we focus on making sure you can afford it. We have awarded more than $29 million annually to our students, 98% of whom receive some form of financial aid. Our financial aid resources include international student scholarships, grants, and loans. And with our Four-Year Graduation Guarantee, you’ll get a head start toward achieving your personal goals. If you’re not able to graduate in four years, your additional necessary courses are on us!
Come to our campus and experience the unique blend of people and place firsthand—you’ll feel it the moment you arrive. Go to experiencefpu.com/visit for everything you need to know to schedule a personal visit or sign up for one of our many visit events throughout the year.