A premier Christian liberal arts college and one of the country’s most beautiful campuses
Discover your home away from home
Westmont ranks among the top liberal arts colleges in the United States. Experience rigorous academics in a wooded setting on one of the country’s most beautiful campuses. Learn in a close-knit community of 1,300 that includes professors who care deeply about you and want you to thrive! Your professional, spiritual, and personal growth matter at Westmont.
At this small college, you’ll receive the attention and support you need to succeed and lots of encouragement to participate in the many opportunities available to students. A robust foundation in the liberal arts teaches you critical thinking and effective communication so you can connect your knowledge with your experience.
Westmont offers strong programs and research opportunities in the sciences as well as majors in Engineering, the social sciences, and humanities and arts. Unlimited internships allow more than 70% of students to try out careers that interest them. Service opportunities and cross-cultural experiences help you learn outside the classroom, offer a real-life perspective, and prepare you for life beyond Westmont.
Succeed in a career after college
About 97% of our graduates find ajob or pursue graduate school within six months of earning their degree. Westmont is ranked #101 on PayScale’s “Best Universities and Colleges by Salary Potential” list with a median alumni salary of $111,500 with 10+ years of experience.
Key information for international students
• Forbes lists Westmont among only 300 “best value” colleges in the United States that provide an excellent return on investment.
• Outstanding semester-long global education programs allow students to live and learn in a completely different culture and broaden their ideas about the world.
• About 85% of Westmont students live on campus, creating a close-knit student community. The College makes student success and care a priority.
• Westmont is accredited by the WASC Senior College and University Commission, California State Board of Education, and the National Association of Schools of Music.
• Located on the California coast with spacious beaches, a host of hiking trails, and a wealth of cultural resources, Santa Barbara continually ranks among the best places to live or visit in the United States.
• Non-US citizens accepted for admission need a Certificate of Eligibility for Non-immigrant Student Form (I-20) to apply for the F-1 student visa. Westmont issues an I-20 to accepted students once the College receives their tuition deposits.
• International students on the F-1 visa may participate in paid internships and part-time on-campus jobs related to their major through the Optional Practical Training (OPT) and Curricular Practical Training (CPT) programs.