AT A GLANCE
• 60+ undergraduate majors
• Degrees offered: Associate, bachelor’s, graduate, doctorate
• 20,206 total enrollment
• 300+ campus clubs and organizations
• 13 NCAA Division II sports
• Designated as a State Leadership Institution and the Military College of Georgia™
• One of only six senior military colleges in the nation; 750+ in Corps of Cadets
• Five campuses: Blue Ridge, Cumming, Dahlonega, Gainesville, and Oconee
NCAA DIVISION II ATHLETICS
• Track & Field
• Cheer Team
• Marching Band (Georgia’s oldest college marching band)
• Pep Band
Lead where it counts
The University of North Georgia offers a unique learning environment that prepares you to be a leader, innovator, and global citizen. With five campuses in the region, UNG is big enough to offer more than 60 majors to help you achieve your goals but small enough to let you build strong connections with professors and classmates. It’s your turn. Where will you lead?
Leading in the classroom
With over 20,000 students spread across five campuses, UNG retains a student-centered environment that is friendly and supportive. Yes, your classes will be academically challenging, but you’ll learn from faculty experts focused on helping you succeed in the classroom—and in life.
Leading by doing
At UNG, we think learning comes to life when students have the opportunity to apply classroom concepts to real-world settings through jobs, internships, study abroad experiences, and volunteer service. UNG students tailor their out-of-classroom learning experiences to their interests and career goals—staffing a community-based counseling center, serving as state or federal legislative interns, creating an advertising campaign for a nonprofit organization, or joining an archeological dig in Europe. The possibilities are endless.
Leading in affordability
A college education is one of the most important investments you’ll ever make, and UNG is one of the region’s best values. We are nationally recognized for offering an outstanding academic experience that won’t leave you strapped with big loans after graduation. Both Forbes and Kiplinger’s Personal Finance rank us as one of the “Best College Values” in Georgia. We’re one of the nation’s most affordable senior military colleges, and we’ve repeatedly appeared on the “Least Student Debt” rankings from both Forbes and U.S. News & World Report.
Leading through involvement
Participating in any of our 300+ campus clubs and organizations is a great way to develop your leadership skills, explore your interests, and get to know students outside of class. You can play on the intramural kickball team, join a fraternity or sorority, represent your fellow Nighthawks on the Student Government Association, or join an academic club to explore your career interests. Getting involved at UNG will help you strengthen your campus connections and make the most of your college experience.
Leading through service
The University of North Georgia is designated as a State Leadership Institution and the Military College of GeorgiaTM. We’re one of only six senior military colleges in the United States. UNG’s Corps of Cadets—more than 750 men and women strong—offers leadership training in tracks for military commissioning or civilian leadership. UNG’s Army ROTC program is routinely recognized as the best in the nation for academic excellence and military acumen, and since its inception in 1873, it has produced many of the nation’s top military leaders.
Leading by location
UNG’s five beautiful campuses are tucked away in the historic mountain towns of Northeast Georgia, in the south end of the Blue Ridge Mountains with locations in Blue Ridge, Cumming, Dahlonega, Gainesville, and Oconee. The region’s lush forests and sparkling lakes and rivers attract outdoor enthusiasts from around the world for hiking, biking, camping, boating, hunting, fishing, seasonal festivals, and much more. When the big city beckons, UNG campuses are only about an hour away from Atlanta. You get the best of both worlds: the comfort of small-town life with all the perks of a major metropolitan area, including easy airport access, plus museums, live music venues, professional sports, shopping, and many other exciting attractions.
ONLY AT UNG
• Extensive foreign language studies with options in Arabic, Chinese, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, and Russian; Summer Language Institute for accelerated learning
• Appalachian Studies Center for exploration of the arts, culture, history, music, and nature of Southern Appalachia
• Gainesville Theatre Alliance, offering a nationally acclaimed college/community collaboration
• Environmental Leadership Center with research on preserving the Eastern Hemlock, water quality sampling and education, and campus sustainability
• Planetarium and astronomical observatory with free public events
• Only undergraduate Criminal Justice program in the nation offering on-campus POST certification training through UNG’s Public Safety Academy (Dahlonega Campus)
• Designated by the National Security Agency and Department of Homeland Security as a National Center of Academic Excellence in Cyber Defense Education