AT A GLANCE
• Two convenient campuses in urban and suburban settings.
• Close partnerships with local Westchester and New York City schools.
• Our faculty are nationally and internationally renowned for active engagement in progressive research activities.
• Accredited by CAEP. Students are in the field as early as their freshman year.
• Graduates are making a difference in schools from the Bronx to China.
• Master’s degree programs include convenient evening courses on both campuses and online.
• Five-year combined options allow students to obtain their Bachelors in Childhood or Adolescent Education and their MSEd in Literacy or Special Education.
• Small class size and ongoing academic and career service support for both students and alumni.
• Faculty-led abroad courses prepare future teachers for a globalized classroom.
• We use simulation technology in our Pleasantville classrooms.
• 95% of our 2018 graduates are employed, or continuing their education.
School of Education
For 52 years, Pace University’s School of Education has prepared students not only to meet the requirements for teaching certification, but also to be agents of change committed to student success and lifelong learning. Through small classes and early fieldwork experiences, School of Education graduates are ready to start making a difference in the world before they even graduate. At Pace University's School of Education, students receive the tools they need to be successful educators from faculty who are nationally and internationally renowned for active engagement in progressive research activities. Our students begin observations the first semester of sophomore year, which is one year earlier than most schools, and we strive to provide courses in a variety of new specialty areas to improve engagement, especially for students with diverse learning styles snd learning differences.
Fundamentally, the mission of the School of Education is to expand upon the motto of Pace University: Opportunitas. Our vision is to accomplish significant educational reform by preparing professional educators to serve as agents for positive change. Through the service of our faculty and graduates, equipped with sound and rigorous knowledge, skills, dispositions, and practice base, we can elevate the promise of individual lives. Through this achievement, we can elevate the quality of those workplace and post-secondary educational cultures into which America’s youth must rightfully and responsibly enter.
Pace’s New York advantage
We offer two campus locations—in the heart of New York City and in nearby Westchester County. Our New York City campus is your home base for living, studying, and working in the most dynamic city in the United States. The city is your campus, with cultural and professional activities, learning opportunities, and internships at places like the Federal Reserve, Microsoft, Lincoln Center, the New York Stock Exchange, and many more. Programs exclusive to this campus include Performing Arts, Forensic Science, and Arts and Entertainment Management.
At our newly renovated Westchester campus in Pleasantville (just 34 miles from Manhattan), you can enjoy two sides of New York: the quintessential college campus lifestyle and easy access to all the professional activities and entertainment the New York metropolitan area offers. You can intern at world-class companies in the city and those located closer to campus. Programs exclusive to this campus include Nursing and Communications (Video, Digital Journalism, and Public Relations).