Discover the NU You
At Neumann University, our excellent majors, expert faculty, and professional internships give you every opportunity to discover your passions and prepare for your career.
We’re known for our exceptional programs in Nursing and Health Sciences. A new multimillion-dollar Health Sciences Center opened in January 2019 to accommodate classes in Nursing, Physical Therapy, Athletic Training, Strength & Conditioning, Exercise Physiology, and other programs. That same year, we also opened a Data Analytics Lab to support new majors in Cybersecurity and Data Analytics. Students in our Communication & Digital Media major can use high-tech radio and television studios from their first semester on campus. In every major, our faculty bring unparalleled experience to the classroom. Look at our list of majors and pick your passion.
Internships in every major
Neumann is a recognized leader in combining classroom theory with practical experience. Your internships and field experiences will let you test your skills, discover your talents, and build a professional network. As a transfer student, you’ll be jumping into internships right away. Our dedicated Center for Career and Professional Development is here to help you.
Transfer with ease
Each year, more than 100 students come to Neumann from community, state, and private colleges and universities to continue their education. From partnership agreements to GPA-based scholarships, we strive to make the transfer process as seamless as possible for incoming students.
• Simple application: The University's transfer application is entirely free and can be completed online in less than 10 minutes. We review applications on a rolling basis and can do so based on unofficial transcripts—as long as you give us your official transcripts before starting classes! This saves you money because you’ll only have to request official transcripts once. The high school transcript requirement is waived for those who have earned an associate degree.
• Generous scholarships: All full-time transfer students with at least a 2.0 GPA will receive a $10,000–$15,000 merit-based scholarship each year. We're also pleased to offer an additional $3,000 scholarship for students who are members of Phi Theta Kappa. This is one of the highest PTK scholarships of any school in the region! We also partner with local community colleges to offer a full-tuition scholarship to one graduate each year.
• Free preliminary credit review: We know transferable credits are crucial in deciding where to transfer. At Neumann, we offer a free preliminary credit review to all transfer applicants at the time of acceptance. We also have a Transfer Gateway Tool that applicants can use to review their credits and request course equivalency approval.
Location and residence halls
Our scenic 133-acre campus sits high on a hill in suburban Aston, Pennsylvania—just a 25-minute drive from Philadelphia and only two hours from New York City, the Jersey Shore, and Washington, DC. Every suite in our residence halls is cable TV ready and includes a private bathroom, air conditioning, and Wi-Fi. There are laundry rooms, computer labs, a cardio/weight room, and 24/7 security. Please visit neumann.edu/visit to arrange a tour.
Neumann has 23 NCAA Division III athletic teams that compete in the Atlantic East Conference, the Eastern College Athletic Conference, and the United Collegiate Hockey Conference—but sports are about more than wins and losses here. Working with the Center for Sport, Spirituality, and Character Development, our teams complete community service projects, evenings of reflection, and leadership training. Other facilities include the 72,000-sq. ft. Mirenda Center, the Bruder Athletic Baseball and Softball Fields, a University turf field, and the Ethel Sergeant Clark Smith Memorial Tennis Courts. Ice hockey teams play at IceWorks Skating Complex, less than two miles from campus.
• Field hockey
• Ice hockey
• Indoor and outdoor track & field
• Ice Hockey
• Indoor and outdoor track & field
• Track & Field (outdoor & indoor)
Recognized on Phi Theta Kappa's 2022 Transfer Honor Roll as a transfer-friendly university
Ranked #86 among the “Top Performers on Social Mobility” in the North | U.S. News & World Report, 2022
Named a 2022–2023 College of Distinction for Nursing
Named a 2022–2023 College of Distinction for Education
Named a 2022–2023 College of Distinction in Pennsylvania
Named a 2022–2023 College of Distinction for Business
Named a 2022–2023 College of Distinction for Career Development
We are here to help! At Neumann, we’ll provide you personalized support throughout the transfer process with designated transfer staff members from application through graduation. Sarah Margulis, Assistant Director for Transfer Outreach and Recruitment, offers one-on-one appointments to help you get the process started. Schedule for a time at your convenience! Evening and lunch appointments are available with options for phone call or virtual meeting.
Assistant Director of Transfer Outreach and Recruitment
“My transfer process [for Nursing] was not easy. But I was given more options at Neumann than anywhere else. The resources and availability of the staff… have helped me succeed.”
“I chose NU because I heard fantastic things about how hands-on the program is and how early you start getting this experience. When I got accepted, I was put right where I left off in community college. It was a smooth transition.”
“While at my prior school, I had the opportunity to tour Neumann. I heard the kind remarks of the sisters, administration, and professors knowing their students by name. I was excited [to transfer] and have that chance to build similar relationships at Neumann.”