Mounties Climb High!
Learn to dream big
At Mansfield University, you will aspire to new heights. Our renowned faculty know you by name and commit to your personal and professional growth. Students are included in research, present their work at conferences, publish papers, and receive individualized academic advising. Located on a small campus where our students dream big, Mansfield is committed to student success.
What can I study?
Mansfield University will give you the knowledge and skills to put you on the path to success. Whatever path you choose, we have the programs and coursework to lead you to your goals. Let your imagination be your guide! Explore majors and minors to find what fits you best.
A more affordable higher education
Many schools say they are committed to making a college education more affordable. At Mansfield University, we're actually doing something about it. We continue to offer one of the lowest tuition rates for the 2022–2023 academic year. Most of our students are eligible for scholarships, merit awards, or other institutional aid that reduces the cost even further. At Mansfield University, we take pride in making our high value education more affordable for our students and their families.
Student clubs and organizations
There are many clubs and organizations at Mansfield University that provide a full range of opportunities for educational, faith and religion, politics, social, cultural, ethnic, and recreational experiences to name a few. Students are encouraged to expand their education with out-of-class activities.
Ranked #36 among the "Safest Colleges in Pennsylvania" | Niche, 2023
Ranked #9 among "Top Public Schools in the North" | U.S. News & World Report
There are two regional airports within an hour of campus. The Elmira/Corning regional airport is located in Elmira, New York, just 50 kilometers (28 miles) north of campus. Williamsport Regional Airport (IPT), south of Mansfield University is located in Williamsport, Pennsylvania, and is a 65 kilometer (41 mile) drive. Our area has four seasons. The average temperature ranges from 25–30 degrees Celsius in the summer months and 0–15 degrees Celsius during the winter season.
• 9 associate degrees
• 28 baccalaureate degrees
• 49 undergraduate concentrations
• 36 undergraduate minors
• 2 master’s programs
• 3 certificate programs
• 8 Pennsylvania Department of Education approved teacher certifications
• 1,792 total enrollment
• 1,780 undergraduates
• 424 freshmen
• 12 graduate students
• 1,426 baccalaureate program students
• 189 associate program students
• 165 non-degree undergraduates
• 1 non-degree graduate student
Undergraduate Student Body Characteristics
• 64% women; 36% men
• 21% non-white minorities
• 1% international
• 84% full-time (12 or more credits); 16% part-time
• 82% Pennsylvania Residents; 18% non-residents
• 60 of 67 Pennsylvania counties represented
• 22 states and the District of Columbia represented
• 7 foregin countries represented
• Over 77% of undergraduates receiving federal student loans
• 118 total instructional (for credit) faculty; 85 full-time
• 86% of full-time instructional faculty with terminal degrees
• 17:1 student-faculty ratio