Illinois Institute of Technology
Discover. Create. Solve.
The words Discover. Create. Solve. represent the Illinois Tech experience for students, alumni, faculty, staff, and partners. It is the outcome of the Illinois Tech brand promise.
At Illinois Tech you will prepare to join our legacy of change makers. You’ll surround yourself with passionate people who share your quest for discovery. You’ll find a one-of-a-kind academic experience—one that offers hands-on learning, expert guidance, and world-class resources—all in the magnificent global city of Chicago.
The Stuart School of Business at Illinois Tech
Stuart School of Business is a leader in bridging technology and business, offering distinctive education that trains students to become leading professionals in management, public administration, finance, operations, analytics, economics, marketing, and business.
Chicago’s business community is known for its spirit of entrepreneurship and innovation, and the city’s status as a global market leader in economics, finance, marketing, and sustainable enterprise is reflected in our academic programs.
• Only Business School in a Tech-Focused University in Chicago
• Our programs embrace technology, rigor, and interdisciplinary learning
• Our curricula are dynamically designed and continuously evolve to meet business innovation and employers’ needs
• Our learning environment offers smaller class sizes and a place to form lifelong relationships with peers, faculty, and industry stakeholders
• Our students regularly apply their learning through hands-on experiences such as internships, competitions, and industry-relevant research
• Our graduates’ placements are outstanding, thanks in large part to our business ties
• We are committed to graduating students who are equipped with expert knowledge and possess the interpersonal skills and professional experiences that are critical to their future success and to being extraordinary members of their communities.
• Illinois Institute of Technology announced, on September 27, 2022, a historic $1 billion fundraising campaign to further Illinois Tech’s founding mission to uplift people from all backgrounds with a technology- and professional-oriented education that will help meet the needs of the age.
#1 in the Illinois and #32 in the Nation for lifting students from families in the bottom 20% of income to the top 20% | Opportunity Insights
An Educational Best Value | The Princeton Review, Forbes, Time, and Money Magazines
#44 Best Value in the Nation | U.S. News & World Report
#24 in the United States for Finance | TFE Times on Stuart School of Business
As a student in Chicago, you'll have access to a thriving metropolis with a rich cultural history. One of the largest cities in the world, Chicago is a fantastic place for entertainment and culture of all kinds, from sporting events to art museums and everything in between.
Chicago is a great global city (just ask Google, Grubhub, Boeing, Orbitz, or any of the thousands of other companies with headquarters here). What does that mean for Illinois Tech students? Access to jobs in a diverse range of industries including a fast-growing tech sector. Illinois Tech is a pipeline for talent in Chicago, a city where an Illinois Tech degree is recognized and rewarded.
At Stuart School of Business, we prepare you to thrive in a fast-moving, global economy in which science, technology, and innovation are key drivers of business and organizational success. Discover our programs!
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration (BS)
• Business Administration (B.S.)/Computer Information Systems (BS) (dual degree)
• Business Administration (B.S.)/Information Technology and Management (BAC) (dual degree)
“Coming from a small island in the middle of the Pacific Ocean, Chicago feels like a world of endless possibilities and opportunities. Through Illinois Tech I've gotten to visit some of the largest national laboratories, such as Argonne and Fermilab, and have reached out to other companies throughout the city.”
“I grew up in a small Milwaukee suburb, and at first I had some anxieties about living in such a big city. These anxieties immediately went away when I visited campus. It’s really the best of both worlds: you get the quiet, unhurried, secluded-feeling life on campus, but you’re not 15 minutes from downtown Chicago.”
“Living in Chicago has been a big part of the success in my learning….Being in Chicago made internship and professional opportunities more accessible. There was no need for me to relocate for a job over the summer. Having hundreds of positions just a short train ride from campus allowed me to remain part of the Illinois Tech community as I gained experience at a world-class company.”