Hands-on experience from day one
Science and Engineering at Western New England University are rooted in research, innovation, and entrepreneurship—and it all starts on day one. Not only will your education give you the tools to succeed in science and engineering, but it will mold you into a lifelong pioneer of change. If you’ve got big plans for your future, we’ve got the science and engineering education that will help you make them a reality. Highlights of our curriculum include:
• A Freshman Engineering Program that gets you learning and thinking like an engineer your first day in the lab.
• Opportunities to conduct academic research with faculty that may result in published work and professional conference presentations.
• Engineering Senior Design Projects allow you to innovate a project based on your own academic interests and even collaborate with local companies to create a product, method, or system to support their business.
• Interdisciplinary learning through courses like Product Innovation and Development that teaches you how to design and market a product from conception to showcase.
• Student-athletes are drawn to our Engineering programs that accommodate participation in Division III varsity athletics and also leave room for study abroad.
An affordable, quality education
Renewable Merit Scholarships from $10,000–$22,000 per year (based on high school performance) make our bottom-line tuition affordable and competitive. Additionally, students may qualify for Women in Engineering ($5,000), FIRST® Robotics participation scholarships ($1,000), or Leadership Grants ($3,000). Please visit wne.edu/tuition for details.
A new report from Zippia finds Western New England University to be #5 in the nation and #1 in Massachusetts when it comes to preparing graduates for the job market! The analysis by the career-focused site utilized data from the federal government’s College Scorecard, which looks at employment rates 10 years after students graduate.