Eastern University is a top Christian college located in Pennsylvania.
Majors and Minors
• American History
• Biblical Studies
• Biological Studies
- Accounting and Finance
- Economic Development
- Entrepreneurial Studies
• Communication Studies
• Computer Science
• Criminal Justice
• Data Science
• Education (Loeb School)
- Early Childhood Education
- Middle-Level Education
- Several Secondary Education Certifications
• Engineering Program (4-year BA Math + 1-year MS Engineering agreement with Villanova University)
• English, concentrations in:
• Environmental Science
• European History
• Exercise Science
• Fine Arts
• Forensic Chemistry
• Gender Studies
• Individualized Major
• Latin American Studies
• Missiology and Anthropology
• Music, concentrations in:
- Worship Arts
• Political Science
• Pre-professional Programs
- Pre-occupational Therapy
- Pre-physical Therapy
- Pre-physician Assistant
• Public Policy
• Social Welfare
• Social Work
• Theological Studies
• Youth Ministries
Excellence in academics
Eastern has faculty who are nationally recognized, most notably bestselling authors Dr. Phil Cary and Dr. Tony Campolo as well as internationally renowned astronomer and coauthor of Star Struck, Dr. David Bradstreet.
• Eastern’s undergraduate schools offer 90+ areas of study, including BA, BS, BSN, BSW, minors, certifications, and pre-professional options.
• 81% of Eastern students complete an internship before graduation.
• Eastern boasts a 10:1 student-faculty ratio.
• Outstanding faculty have more than 360 books in circulation.
• 32 study abroad or away programs are offered.
• Robust academic support services include counseling, tutoring, writing, and disability accommodations.
• Eastern students are among the nation’s best, with recent honors including ISI Fellows, St. Andrew’s Society, Fulbright Scholarship, William E. Simon Fellowship, and The Philadelphia Inquirer Academic All-Area Female Performer of the Year.
Vibrant Christian world-view
With 100% of faculty signing the Eastern Faith Statement annually,Eastern students are challenged to grow spiritually in the classroom and throughout our campus. In the last year, first-year students alone performed over 6,600 hours of service learning, and 32 study abroad/away programs expanded our students’ capacity to see a world much bigger than they imagined (eastern.edu/faith).
• “To hear the students tell it, Eastern may well be the ideal Christian college.” — Philadelphia magazine
• Your relationship with Christ is personal, and Eastern wants to honorthat. We provide a sound, biblicallybased framework so you can discernGod’s calling in your life as you put your faith into action.
• Chapel is voluntary but packed with rotating student-led worship.
• Faith in action: there are over 40 different student organizations, ensembles, productions, and ministries serving diverse communities on campus, locally, and worldwide.
• Be challeged to grow spiritually through our Windows of the World forum, “Conquer the Night” experience, student-led worship on Wednesday nights, Student Chaplain program, and Young Life or FCA leadership seminars.
Eastern continues to be a championof biblical justice around the world, an aspect that has made Eastern distinct among its peers nationwide since1925.
• Our student body is currently serving 22 organizations with service learning hours.
• Students conduct numerous mission trips each year, most of which are traditional international and domestic mission trips.
• Eastern offers world-renowned Economic Development bachelor’s and master’s degrees.
• The W. Goode Scholars Program is available to service-minded future community leaders.
• The on-campus community garden is sponsored by the Earthkeepers Club.
• Eastern is the first college campus in Pennsylvania to be 100% wind and solar powered.
• Thriving campus chapters of Habitat for Humanity and YACHT Club are available to students.
A decade of results after graduation
Over the last decade, an average 96% of Eastern graduates were involved in postgraduate education, working, or full-time volunteers within six months of graduation.
Historic Main Line, suburban Philadelphia
With a campus nestled in affluent Wayne, Pennsylvania, Eastern students always have something to do on and off campus. After a 25-minute train ride to downtown Philadelphia, Eastern students find themselves in one of America’s top 10 best college communities.
Regionally and nationally competitive athletics
In the past five years, Eastern athletic teams (D-III) have celebrated:
• 328 All-MAC Awards
• 67 All-Region Awards
• 32 All-American Awards
• 21 Player of the Year Awards
• 18 Rookie of the Year Awards