Excellence in academics
Eastern University has faculty who are nationally recognized—most notably bestselling authors Dr. Phil Cary and Dr. Tony Campolo as well as internationally renowned astronomer and coauthor of Star Struck, Dr. David Bradstreet.
• Eastern’s undergraduate schools offer 90+ areas of study, including degree programs leading to a BA, BS, BSN, or BSW; minors; certifications; and pre-professional options.
• 81% of Eastern students complete an internship before graduation.
• Eastern boasts a 10:1 student-faculty ratio.
• Our prestigious Templeton Honors College offers a classical Great Books curriculum. Learn all about it at templetonhonorscollege.com.
• Outstanding faculty have authored more than 360 in-circulation books.
• 32 study abroad or away programs are offered at the University.
• Robust academic support services include counseling, tutoring, writing, and disability accommodations.
• Our students are among the nation’s best, with recent honors including ISI Fellows, the St. Andrew’s Society, Fulbright Scholarships, William E. Simon Fellowships, and The Philadelphia Inquirer Academic All-Area Female Performer of the Year.
Vibrant Christian worldview
With 100% of faculty signing the Eastern Faith Statement each year, Eastern students are challenged to grow spiritually in the classroom and throughout the campus. In the last year, first-year students alone performed over 6,600 hours of service learning, and 32 study abroad/away programs expanded our students’ capacity to see a world much bigger than they imagine. Visit eastern.edu/faith for more information.
• “To hear the students tell it, Eastern may well be the ideal Christian college.” — Philadelphia magazine
• Your relationship with Christ is personal, and Eastern University wants to honor that. We provide a sound, biblically based academic framework so you can discern God’s calling in your life as you put your faith into action.
• Check out our Leadership Fellows Program at eastern.edu/lfp.
• Chapel is voluntary but packed with rotating student-led worship.
• There are over 40 different student organizations, ensembles, productions, and ministries serving diverse communities on campus, locally, and worldwide.
• Be challenged to grow spiritually with our Windows of the World forum, “Conquer the Night” experience, Wednesday night student-led worship, Student Chaplain program, and Young Life or FCA leadership seminars.
Eastern continues to be a champion of biblical justice around the world, an aspect that has made the University distinct among its peers nationwide since 1925.
• Our student body is currently serving 22 organizations with service learning hours.
• Students conduct numerous mission trips each year, most of which are traditional international and domestic mission trips.
• Eastern offers world-renowned bachelor’s and master’s degrees in Economic Development.
• The W. Goode Scholars Program is available to service-minded community leaders of the future.
• The on-campus community garden is sponsored by the Earthkeepers Club.
• Eastern is the first college campus in Pennsylvania to be 100% wind and solar powered.
• Thriving campus chapters of Habitat for Humanity and YACHT Club are available to students.
Historic Main Line, suburban Philadelphia
Nestled in Wayne, Pennsylvania, students always have something to do on campus. And a 25-minute train ride to downtown Philadelphia brings students to one of America’s top 10 best college communities.
Regionally and nationally competitive athletics
In the past five years, Eastern’s D-III athletic teams have celebrated:
• 328 All-MAC Awards
• 67 All-Region Awards
• 32 All-American Awards
• 21 Player of the Year Awards
• 18 Rookie of the Year Awards
A decade of results after graduation
On average over the last decade, 96% of Eastern students were involved in postgraduate education, working, or volunteering full-time within just six months of graduation.