AT A GLANCE
• 125-acre campus located in Tiffin, Ohio
• 13:1 student-faculty ratio
• Average class size: 17 students
• Mascot: The Student Prince
• Placement rate (job or graduate school, five-year average): 87%
• 1,100 undergraduate students
• 150 graduate students
• Average GPA: 3.2, average ACT: 22, average SAT: 1040
• Annual academic scholarships ranging from $13,000–$17,000
• $3,000 out-of-state award
• Music and Theatre scholarships
• United Church of Christ scholarships
• 85% of students receiving merit scholarships
• 99% of students receiving some type of scholarship or financial aid
• Division III, Ohio Athletic Conference
• Men’s: Baseball, basketball, cross-country, football, golf, lacrosse, soccer, tennis, track & field, wrestling
• Women’s: Basketball, cheerleading, cross-country, golf, lacrosse, soccer, softball, tennis, track & field, volleyball
• Business Administration
- Insurance & Risk Management
- Self-Designed Business
• Computer Science
• Environmental Science & Sustainability
• Exercise Science
• Health Science
• Information Systems
• Integrated Media
• International Studies
• Music Composition & Theory
• Music Education
• Music Performance
• Political Science
• Self-Designed Studies
• Sport Management
- Musical Theatre
• Video Game Production
• Pre-athletic Training
• Pre-medicine (Allopathic and Osteopathic)
• Pre-physical Therapy/Pre-occupational Therapy
• Pre-physician Assistant
• Pre-veterinary Medicine
Embrace your potential
Heidelberg University is more than a place. It’s a feeling—a feeling of freedom and flexibility to make your own choices, a feeling of comfort and support to help you realize your potential, a feeling of optimism that elicits new discoveries and moments of greatness…a feeling of home.
That feeling can be hard to explain, but it’s what allows our students and alumni to be successful in their careers and happy in their lives. At Heidelberg, you’ll realize the advantages of small classes, personal attention, and faculty mentorship. You’ll also have countless opportunities for research, travel, service, fun, and impactful moments. What you do matters, and who you do it with means something.
Harness your individuality
You are encouraged to try something new, learn something different, and create something unique. All those “somethings” are advantages that prepare you for a successful and dynamic career. Want to double-major in Biology and Theatre? Want to play football and become the president of an organization? Want to study abroad in Spain and intern at a local nonprofit? Yes, you can!
Discover big opportunities
It’s a fast-paced world out there, and you need to be ready to jump in with both feet. Heidelberg created the HYPE Career Ready® Program to provide you with the opportunity to practice and improve your professional skills starting year one. Through interactive workshops, off-campus excursions, and meeting with celebrity-status professionals up close and personal, you’ll steadily increase your confidence and skill sets.
Meet your family
Join a community of passionate doers! Our students pursue their interests through clubs, organizations, athletics, travel, and simply hanging out with friends. Join the intramural Ping-Pong league, travel to San Francisco with the Model UN, sing with our show choir, and build houses with Habitat for Humanity. With over 70 clubs, organizations, Greek life, and athletic or intramural teams to join, there’s something for everyone.
Our faculty inspire
Our professors want you to be part of the discussion. You won’t just sit in a classroom and absorb information; you’ll be an active participant in the direction of your education. At Heidelberg, professors know your strengths, weaknesses, and career goals. That’s how they help you map out your future, so you’ll be able to lead a life of purpose with distinction.
An affordable option
We know cost is an important part of your decision in choosing a college. That’s why we’ve taken steps toward minimizing our cost to make Heidelberg an affordable option for every student.
The actual cost is different for each family based on need, merit, and other criteria, but last year’s average financial aid package for incoming students was $29,323 a year.
Gain an advantage
Heidelberg has several graduate programs—including a Master of Business Administration, which you can earn for free through our PlusOne-Advantage® MBA Tuition-Free Scholarship program. Any student who completes a bachelor’s degree (in any major) at Heidelberg in four years with at least a 3.0 GPA will be eligible to enroll in our one-year MBA program tuition-free.