Because faith and freedom matter
Grove City College is a leading liberal arts and STEM college that integrates faith and learning in a tight-knit residential community just a short distance from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Founded in 1876, Grove City College was modeled after the nation’s fourth-oldest institution of higher education, Princeton University. Thanks to the vision of its founder, Isaac Ketler, and the support of its benefactor and board chairman, Sunoco founder Joseph Newton Pew, Grove City College was built on the desire to provide an affordable education of the highest quality rooted in a rich Christian, moral, and ethical tradition and bolstered by a commitment to individual freedom and personal responsibility. To this day, the College maintains its foundational purpose, equipping its 2,400 students to pursue their unique callings through an academically excellent and affordable education in a Christ-centered learning and living community.
As one of the nation’s most rigorous Christian colleges, Grove City ranks in the top 12% of colleges and universities in the nation for alumni earnings, yet its tuition costs less than half that of peer institutions such as Wheaton College, the College of William & Mary, the University of Virginia, the University of Chicago, Emory University, and Williams College. Expense is not spared, however, when it comes to maintaining a dynamic community where students can fully engage on a stunning campus drafted by the venerable Olmsted landscape architecture firm. The Olmsteds designed New York’s Central Park and quintessential college campuses such as Yale, Cornell, American University, Harvard Business School, Notre Dame, Stanford, and Johns Hopkins. Atypical for Christian colleges, Grove City excels in Science, Engineering, and Computer Science, with 29% of its students in the STEM disciplines.
Because of an insitutional emphasis on human flourishing, Grove City students can reach their full potential in a vibrant social scene that is conducive to meeting the College’s high academic standards. “As iron sharpens iron” (Proverbs 27:17), Grove City students push each other toward excellence, which is measurably reflected in the College’s 96% job and graduate school placement rate (from a 99% knowledge rate for the Class of 2016 within six months of graduation). The financial future for Grove City graduates is bright, especially considering they typically make 9% more than competitor college alumni during their first five years of employment, and 21% more 10 years after graduation.
Known for its 1984 US Supreme Court case, Grove City College v. Bell, the College provides its students with private scholarships, loans, and need-based assistance while remaining free from federal government entanglement to safeguard freedom of conscience. In addition to operating nearly debt free, the College practices transparent tuition pricing, abstaining from the common practice of artificial “discounting.” As a result, the College does not transfer tuition dollars from some students to others as a recruiting tool. Thus, all students are charged the same price and enjoy equal opportunity to seek financial assistance and manage any remaining debt responsibly. In fact, 46% of students graduate debt free. Thanks to the College’s high four-year graduation and job placement rates, Grove City students typically repay their loans three years early.
So where does this college committed to the old Princeton ideal of faith-and-learning integration fit into the spectrum of higher education? At the intersection of academic excellence, human flourishing in a Christian context, personal and professional success, and true value—that’s Grove City College. We invite you to come and see for yourself. Schedule a visit today at gcc.edu to engage over LiveChat, e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 724-458-2100.
• Biblical and Religious Studies
• Biology and General Science Secondary Education Certification
• Chemistry and General Science
Secondary Education Certification
• Chemistry and Secondary Education Certification
• Christian Ministries
• Communication Studies
• Computer Information Systems
• Computer Science
• Conservation Biology
• Electrical Engineering
• English and Communication Studies Secondary Education Certification
• English and Secondary Education
• Exercise Science
• French and K-12 Education Certification
• History and Social Studies Secondary Education Certification
• International Business
• Mathematics and Secondary Education Certification
• Mechanical Engineering
• Middle Level Math/English Education Certification
• Middle Level Math/History Education Certification
• Middle Level Science/English Education Certification
• Middle Level Science/History Education Certification
• Middle Level Science/Math Education Certification
• Molecular Biology
• Music Business
• Music Education
• Music Performance
• Music Religion
• Physics and General Science Secondary Education Certification
• Physics and Secondary Education
• Political Science
• PreK-4 Elementary Education
• PreK-8 Special Education
• Social Work
• Spanish and K-12 Education Certification
Accounting, Analytics, Astronomy, Biblical and Religious Studies, Biology, Business, Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, Chinese, Christian Ministries, Classical Christian Education, Classical Studies, Communication Studies, Computer Game Design and Development, Computer Science, Creative Writing, Cybersecurity, Data Science, Design, Economics, English, Entrepreneurship, Exercise Science, Family Studies, Finance, French, High-Tech Entrepreneurship, History, International Business, International Studies, Internet Entrepreneurship, Management, Marketing, Mathematics, Medical Physics, Mobile Development, Music, Musical Theatre, National Security Studies, Nutrition, Philosophy, Physics, Political Philosophy and Theology, Political Science, Pre-law, Psychology, Robotics, Social Enterprise, Social Entrepreneurship, Social Innovation, Social Work, Sociology, Spanish, Studio Art, Theatre
Grove City College Profile
• Founded: 1876
• Annual Costs (2017–2018): All degrees, including room and board, tuition, a tablet PC, and printer/scanner/copier: $26,654
• Full-Time Enrollment: 2,396 students representing 46 states, 13 countries, and 27 Christian denominations; 50% men, 50% women
• Location: 60 miles north of Pittsburgh on a beautifully landscaped, 180-acre estate-like campus with Neo-Gothic architecture in Grove City, Pennsylvania
• Student-Faculty Ratio: 13:1
• Academic Programs: 60 programs in the liberal arts and sciences
• Degrees Offered: BA, BS, BMus, BSEE, BSME
• Extracurricular Activities: More than 150 student-led organizations and clubs, 12 club sports, 22 NCAA Division III varsity sports, campus ministries, theatre, music, and more
• Freshman Profile: Middle 50% test score ranges for enrolled students: 25–30 ACT and 1135–1350 SAT (combining only Critical Reading and Math); average high school GPA: 3.76
• Education majors have a 99% pass rate on the Praxis examination.
• Graduates see an acceptance rate to medical schools and professional medicine schools that’s 20%–25% higher than the national average.
• In order to preserve and protect its independence and remain true to its mission to instill Christian truth and values and an appreciation of a free market economy, the College refuses all federal funding.
• Grove City maintains one of the lowest tuitions of a high-quality independent college.
• There were more than 240 on-campus visits by companies to recruit Grove City College graduates in 2016–2017.
How We Rank
• America’s Top Colleges, Forbes
• Best National Liberal Arts College, U.S. News & World Report
• Best Undergraduate Engineering Programs, U.S. News & World Report
• Top 10 “best value” national liberal arts college, PayScale
• The Best 379 Colleges, The Princeton Review
• Smartest Liberal Arts Colleges in America, Business Insider
• Christian College of Distinction