The Bluffton difference
At Bluffton University, we believe that we as individuals better reach our full potential when we work together. That is why we stand firmly in our vision of bringing different people and ideas together to create incredible outcomes. We call this the Power of Purple. That sweet spot, where different things like intellect and passion, come together to create synergy. The Power of Purple is the experience of diverse and mixed environments that push you to think outside yourself and create something unique, something brand new, something powerful. Just as red and blue come together to create purple, Bluffton faculty, staff, and students come together to achieve greatness.
• A vibrant student-led chapel program features praise worship.
• “Spiritual Life Week” brings in nationally known groups and speakers.
• 31 denominations are represented in a diverse student body.
• Students serve as ministry assistants, provide spiritual counsel, and lead Bible studies.
Academics that focus on “discovery”
• 96% of students experience cross-cultural learning.
• The faculty, in more than 90 academic programs, are committed to your intellectual and spiritual growth.
• Within six months of graduation, 97% of Bluffton graduates are employed or engaged in advanced study or long-term service.
A community of respect
• Bluffton embraces its Christian identity, focusing on peacemaking, service, and respect.
• 100% of students receive financial aid.
• Scholarships range from $5,000 to full tuition.
• Full-tuition scholarships are available through the Presidential Scholarship Competition.
Athletics and student activities
• 60+ clubs and organizations engage students in a variety of extracurricular interests.
• Music ensembles, art, and theater experiences are available for non-majors.
• 16 NCAA Division III sports are available.
• The Sommer Center for Health and Fitness Education offers activities for all students, including a spacious weight and fitness area, a walking/ jogging track, and performance areas for basketball and volleyball.
1 University Drive
Bluffton, OH 45817
800-488-3266 (Financial Aid)
Institutional control: Private
School type: Four year
Academic calendar: Semesters
Religious affiliation: Mennonite Church USA
School size: Small (under 2,000)
Student-faculty ratio: 12:1
Average class size: 15
Registered organizations: 60+
COST AND AID (2018–2019)
Undergraduate in-state tuition
(academic year): $32,316
Undergraduate out-of-state tuition (academic year): $32,316
Room and board (academic year): $10,800
Average additional fees: $450
Total Cost: $43,566
Scholarships: Yes; ranging from $5,000 to full tuition
Work-study program: Yes
Average GPA: 3.2
Average ACT score: 22
Essay required: No
Interview required: No
Application deadlines: Rolling
Application fee: No
TOP FIVE MAJORS
• Business Administration
• Early Childhood Education
• Organizational Management
• Criminal Justice
• Sport Management
• Art and Writing
• Convergent Media
• Graphic Design
• Music Ministry
• Nursing (four-year degree)
• Peace and Conflict Studies
• RN/BSN Completion Program
• Speech-Language Pathology and Audiology
• Youth Ministries