Graduate Studies @ CCSU: Affordable, Accessible, Excellent!
CCSU offers the impressive academic resources of a large university plus the kind of personal attention usually found only at smaller colleges.
Elihu Burritt Library
With more than 700,000 volumes and 3,000 periodicals, plus extensive online resources, Elihu Burritt Library provides a wealth of information. Also notable are the special collections, including the Connecticut Polish American Archive and the Equity Archive Collection with its substantial holdings on women, feminism, and sexuality.
Extensive networked computer resources are conveniently located in the Computer Lab in Marcus White Annex. Wireless access is available throughout campus.
Leadership, Career Support, and Cultural Opportunities
The Graduate Student Association (GSA) offers an official representative forum, helps subsidize research projects and educational conferences, and sponsors specific program societies that create social and educational networking opportunities.
The University’s Career Services provides job listings and placement services. The Center for International Education offers opportunities for global study. Cultural and recreational opportunities abound on campus, in New Britain, and in nearby Hartford.
• Accounting MS
• Art Education MS
• Biological Sciences MA: Ecology & Environmental Science; General; Global Sustainability
• Biological Sciences MS: Anesthesia; General; Health Science
• Biomolecular Sciences MA
• Business Administration MBA
• Communication MS
• Computer Information Technology MS: Computer Science; Networking
• Construction Management MS
• Counselor Education MS: Clinical Professional Counseling; School Counseling; Student Development in Higher Education
• Criminal Justice MS
• Data Mining MS
• Educational Leadership, Sixth-Year, EdD—PreK-12 & Higher Education
• Educational Technology MS
• English MA
• Geography MS
• Geography—Global Sustainability MS
• History MA
• Information Design MA
• International Studies MS
• Marriage & Family Therapy MS
• Mathematics MA: Actuarial Science; Computer Science; General; Statistics
• Mathematics MS: For Certified Elementary & Middle School Teachers; for Certified Secondary Teachers
• Modern Language MA: Italian; Italian or Spanish for Teachers; Inter-university Spanish Language & Culture; Spanish
• Music Education MS
• Nursing: Hospice & Palliative Care MS
• Physical Education MS: Exercise Science; Teaching Physical Education (for Certified Teachers)
• Psychology MA: Community; General; Health
• Public History MA
• Reading & Language Arts MS, Sixth-Year
• Software Engineering MS
• Special Education MS
• STEM Education MS
• Teacher Education MAT: With (7-12) English, History/Social Studies, Mathematics, Modern Languages, Sciences, Special Education (K-12)
• Teacher Leadership MS
• Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL) MS
• Technology Management MS
At Central Connecticut State University, you’ll discover exceptional academic programs to meet your professional needs and your intellectual passions. We will prepare you to lead!
Education and much, much more
CCSU has a proud history of preparing professionals in education and the human services. Those programs range from initial teacher certification to master’s degrees to professional certificates to the doctorate in Educational Leadership, plus a new EdD strand in Higher Education. Add to that our strong professional ties—to schools, agencies, and clinics—which create opportunities for “real-life” learning experiences under the encouraging supervision of field-site professionals.
CCSU also offers an extraordinary variety of graduate programs in arts, humanities, sciences, technology, and business—including the MBA.
A community of learning
With more than 40 fields of study, CCSU’s School of Graduate Studies offers an exciting array of academic programs: traditional as well as new and innovative programs like Biomolecular Sciences, Construction Management, Public History, Computer Information Technology, Data Mining, and Public Relations. We pride ourselves on providing the kind of personal attention that makes education a truly mutual enterprise. Professors work with you as partners, helping you map out your course of study, acting as mentors, inviting you to join them in interesting research projects, and providing advice to help you advance your career.
You will also find that CCSU is a genuine community of learning. Our professors are nationally noted scholars and skilled practitioners. You will meet people who are passionate about ideas and eager to share what they discover. Our programs have been designed to help you accomplish your goals as you balance the other demands in your life.
We also offer graduate housing opportunities, where you can live on campus with others pursuing advanced degrees.
Life after graduate study
Here’s how some of our students pursue their dreams after graduate study:
• As professionals in such major companies as Aetna Financial, AIG, American Express, Blum Shapiro, Bristol Meyers, Chase Manhattan, CIGNA, ESPN, GE, Hamilton Sundstrand, Hartford Life, Johnson & Johnson, J.P. Morgan, Pfizer, Pratt & Whitney, PricewaterhouseCoopers, Sikorsky Aircraft, Siemens Westinghouse, Travelers, Unilever, United Technologies, and Verizon
• As marriage and family therapists at hospitals and community mental health agencies; as private counselors and psychotherapists; as mental health counselors at the Institute of Living, the Hospital of Central Connecticut, Wheeler Clinic, and Klingberg Family Clinic; and as rehabilitation counselors with the State Bureau of Rehabilitation, Department of Veterans Affairs, and insurance companies
• As teachers, school counselors, principals, and superintendents; as higher education academic advisors, career counselors, and administrators throughout Connecticut and New England; and as students in some of the top professional and doctoral programs in the state and nation
Vibrant intellectual community
Perhaps most distinctive about the School of Graduate Studies at CCSU is its strong sense of being a community of scholars, passionate about their studies, eager to improve lives, and committed to working together to share their learning and support their efforts. The University also brings to campus a wide range of special guest lecturers, from nationally known academic leaders to scholarly experts in a wide range of fields.
Our programs are nationally recognized for their educational excellence. We continue to offer the most affordable in-state tuition in the region. That means you will receive an outstanding return on your investment. And CCSU participates in the New England Board of Higher Education (NEBHE) tuition break program, which offers an out-of-state tuition break for certain graduate programs to eligible residents of New England states (nebhe.org/tuitionbreak).
For more information, call 860-832-2350 or visit ccsu.edu/grad.
“Early in their academic programs, our Biomolecular Sciences students spend several weeks working in each of at least three different research laboratories. These laboratory ‘rotations’ allow new students to see, firsthand, the sorts of projects that more advanced graduate students are currently focusing on.”
— Dr. Thomas R. King, Professor, Biomolecular Sciences
“Our faculty take pride in their commitment to teaching, research, and service. We are able to offer our students the luxury of small seminars, individualized programs, and extensive student-faculty contact.”
— Glynis Fitzgerald, PhD, Dean, School of Graduate Studies
Are you interested?Yes, connect me!
|Biological and Physical Sciences|
|Cell & Molecular Biology|
|Counseling Psychology PhD|
|Early Childhood Education|
|Engineering - General|
|Modern & Romance Languages|
|Psychology - General|
|Reading & Literacy|
|Supply Chain Management|
|Teaching Foreign Language|
|Teaching Other Subjects|