Chatham University in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, offers over 25 research and professional graduate programs in the health and lab sciences, business and communication, the arts and humanities, and sustainability and food.
• Accounting (MAcc)
• Architecture (Masters)
• Athletic Training (Masters)
• Biology (MS)
• BSN to Doctor of Nursing Practice (Doctorate)
• BSN to MSN Programs (Masters)
• Business Administration (MBA)
• Communication (MComm)
• Counseling and Therapy (Masters)
• Counseling Psychology (MSCP)
• Counseling Psychology (PsyD)
• Creative Writing (MFA)
• Early Childhood Education (Masters)
• Elementary Education (Masters)
• Film & Digital Technology (MFA)
• Food Studies (MAFS)
• Food Studies & Business Administration (MAFS/MBA)
• Green Chemistry
• Healthcare Informatics (MHI)
• Interdisciplinary Design (MA/MFA)
• Interior Architecture (MIA)
• Interior Architecture (MSIA)
• Low Residency MFA in Creative Writing
• Nursing (MSN)
• Nursing Practice (DNP)
• Occupational Therapy (MOT)
• Physical Therapy (DPT)
• Physician Assistant Studies (MPAS)
• Professional Doctorate of Occupational Therapy (OTD)
• Professional Writing (MPW)
• Psychology (MAP)
• RN to Master of Science in Nursing (Masters)
• Secondary Education (Masters)
• Special Education (MEd)
• Sustainability (MSUS)
• Sustainability & Business Administration (MSUS/MBA)
• Teaching (MAT)
• Shadyside Campus is a national arboretum—tree-lined pathways, a pond, a labyrinth, and academic and residence halls cradled in stately mansions—mere minutes from downtown Pittsburgh, a vibrant city with 70,000 college students.
• Our School of Health Sciences is located in Chatham Eastside, just down the street from Bakery Square, home to Pittsburgh’s Google office and a bustling commercial center.
• Eden Hall Campus, situated on 388 acres just north of Pittsburgh, is the world’s first academic community designed and built from the ground up for studying (and living) sustainability.
Programs within three schools
The Falk School of Sustainability & Environment
As the alma mater of environmental pioneer Rachel Carson ’29, Chatham University is a leader in sustainability education. Falk School students graduate with track records of applying the principles of sustainability to real-world problems in a variety of areas to create positive results. All of our students, faculty, and staff engage in courses, projects, and careers that promote the professionalization of the fields and afford students experiences that translate to real-world progress.
School of Health Sciences (SHS)
Chatham’s School of Health Sciences stands in contrast to “lost in the crowd” programs at many larger universities. Problem-based and active learning puts students in the position of taking responsibility for mastering content. They learn by confronting and solving problems in actual clinical cases. Students learn from dedicated faculty members—many of whom are professionals themselves—in a close-knit atmosphere known for providing personal attention to every student. SHS programs are highly selective, with an approximately 23% acceptance rate (485 accepted out of 2,118 applicants).
School of Arts, Science & Business (SASB)
The SASB offers on-campus, online, blended, and low-residency programs that suit the needs of the working adult. We offer flexible courses that can be completed at a pace that’s right for you; small classes and engaged, well-connected faculty; and close ties with the Falk School of Sustainability & Environment and School of Health Sciences.
Why attend graduate school at Chatham?
Hands-on experience and mentorships. At Chatham we believe that experiential learning and professional guidance can make the difference between a degree and a fulfilling career. Under the guidance of our expert faculty, our courses put you and your colleagues in the driver’s seat. We can also connect you with a mentor through our World Readiness and Professionalism (WRAP) Program.
Taught by professionals. Our faculty include award-winning filmmakers, published authors, health care practitioners, businesspeople, active researchers, community organizers, and everyone in between. They’re equally passionate about teaching, and they can provide you with more support than may be available at a larger university.
Location. A recognized leader in health care and home to more than 70 global corporations, Pittsburgh merges big-city amenities with accessible opportunities. Artists and entrepreneurs alike can easily obtain the resources and support they need here.
Prior Learning Assessment (PLA) program. Turn career, life, and prior learning experiences into credits that can be applied toward your degree at Chatham, saving you time and money.
Tailored to busy lives. Most programs are offered full or part time, and many courses are available online and on evenings and weekends. Our faculty are understanding and quick to respond.
Our missions are imbued in all we do. Benefit from service-based trips around the globe, partnerships with local organizations, opportunities to engage with your field of study through the lens of community service, a legacy of women’s leadership and championing social causes, and an emphasis on systems-thinking and sustainable practices.
Are you interested?Yes, connect me!
|BSN to Doctor of Nursing Practice (BSN-DNP)|
|BSN to MSN Programs|
|Counseling & Therapy|
|Counseling Psychology PhD|
|Early Childhood Education|
|Evening MBA Programs|
|MBA - Health Care|
|MBA - Information Systems|
|MBA - Leadership|
|MBA - Sustainability|
|Psychology - General|
|RN to Master of Science in Nursing (RN-MSN)|
|Teaching Other Subjects|
|Weekend MBA Programs|
Register now for our scholarship giveaway
*may vary by program