For 125 years, Huntington University has been training leaders to advance their professional careers and personal lives. HU’s Graduate School has closely followed this tradition by offering advanced degrees that are specifically designed to engage in experience-based scholarship, integrate what students learn into their unique professional context, and help them transform the communities in which they live.
Huntington’s MBA program is built to aid you in developing a broad spectrum of best business practices and allow you to be flexible in planning your attendance around your career and family. MBA students can take advantage of:
• The Hyflex attendance model: Students can flex between the following classroom options while attending the MBA:
- In-person instruction one night per week on our Huntington campus
- Live instruction and discussion via Zoom
- Self-directed and message board discussions via weekly workshops
• The Global Study Trip: Travel with the cohort to collaborate on a project with an international organization. Previous cohorts have worked alongside organizations in Peru, Ireland, Germany, and Austria.
• One of two MBA concentrations:
- Management concentration: Traditional MBA curriculum designed to focus on the functional side of business with topics in management, finance, accounting, marketing, and leadership
- Leadership Coaching concentration: Diverse MBA curriculum with three courses that meet the educational requirements for the ACC credential with the International Coaching Federation
The Leadership Coaching component can be competed as a three-course certification. This certificate option also meets ACC education requirements set by the International Coaching Federation.
Clinical Mental Health Counseling
The Clinical Mental Health Counseling program provides Christ-centered counselor training, equipping counselors to engage in diverse cultural contexts through the cultivation of clinical skills, critical thinking, and academic excellence. Huntington helps students shape their unique identities as counselors by offering academic experiences in a variety of contexts that nurture their personal development and relationships with others—all rooted in Christ. The University believes counselors are people with the training, calling, and desire to stand with others throughout life's challenges. Counselor training is completed through an online format that features a one-time on-campus intensive session during the program and a few live video meetings per course.
The TESOL Education program is designed to prepare students for English learner licensure in a US K–12 setting, an international classroom, or a community-based outreach organization. Students will learn tangible skills and resources to impact the lives of English language learners. This online program is offered as a 15-credit certificate, or students can complete a second year in Education or Ministry.
The graduate Pastoral Leadership program trains students to effectively impact their world for Christ. This program challenges students with sound biblical and theological principles to help them effectively lead ministries and fulfill the mission of the Church. Huntington’s two-year program is offered online in seven-week structures with each course offered every other year.
Occupational Therapy: Fort Wayne, Indiana & Peoria, Arizona
Our doctoral program in Occupational Therapy (OTD) is a three-year, full-time degree program that will further students’ development in faith, health and wellness, leadership, advanced practice, research, and professional service. OTD students complete the program on a medical campus in Fort Wayne or at Huntington’s Arizona campus in Peoria. Students complete clinical experiences across the country and design, develop, and implement advanced practice projects with faculty oversight, including fitting wheelchairs in developing countries, implementing program evaluations of health care systems, or designing therapeutic apps for occupational therapy interventions. HU’s OTD program is fully accredited, and graduates will be eligible to sit for the National Certification Examination for the Occupational Therapist.