Ready to earn your master’s?
MCNY’s Accredited, Accelerated Graduate Degrees
The relevant, in-demand graduate degree programs offered at MCNY are designed to meet the needs of busy professionals and will help give you an edge in your career.
• MBA in Financial Services provides the managerial skills and industry expertise you need to get ahead in this competitive industry.
• MBA in General Management helps ensure that you graduate with the skills and knowledge to succeed in the evolving business world and increasingly global economy.
• MBA in Health Services and Risk Management is a new program that combines the best of business knowledge and skills with health care management course work.
• MBA in Media Management is the only accredited, accelerated program of its kind. This program focuses on core MBA competencies with an intense exploration of media-specific fields essential for effective media management.
• MPA in Emergency Disaster Management focuses on significant issues in emergency management and homeland security, including public health, terrorism, disaster management, economics, and the role of the federal and state governments.
• MPA in Public Affairs and Administration builds the leadership skills necessary to enhance a public service agency’s efficiency through applied learning.
• MSEd in Dual Childhood 1-6/Special Education incorporates full-time course work and internship requirements with intensive study in a close-knit learning community.
To find out more, attend an upcoming Grad Info Session at MCNY. RSVP at whatsyourpurpose.nyc or call 888-414-4794 to speak to an admissions counselor.
People come to Metropolitan College of New York from every corner of the world and from every walk of life. With full accreditation, an array of undergraduate and graduate degree programs, online learning options, and accelerated studies, as well as flexible class schedules that encourage students to work full time while attending school full time, MCNY is a vibrant and unique learning institution
Each year hundreds of students just like you find their purpose—and path to greater professional success—at Metropolitan College of New York.
The Audrey Cohen School for Human Services andEducation
• Master of Science in Education: Dual Childhood 1–6/Special Education
School for Business
• MBA in Financial Services
• MBA in General Management
• MBA in Health Services and Risk Management
• MBA in Media Management
School for Public Affairs and Administration
• MPA in Emergency and Disaster Management
• MPA in Public Affairs and Administration
The Audrey Cohen School for Human Services and Education
• Associate of Arts
• Bachelor of Professional Studies
• CASAC Program
School for Business
• Associate of Science in Business
• Bachelor of Business Administration
• Bachelor of Business Administration in Healthcare Systems Management
School for Public Affairs and Administration
• AA in Emergency Management and Business Continuity
• BA in Emergency Management and Business Continuity
Earning a graduate degree can be a great way to jump-start your career. But where you earn your degree can be nearly as important as what you earn it in—especially for busy working professionals.
“Balancing school with the demands of a career and family can be tough,” says Collette Garrity, Vice President of Enrollment Management at Metropolitan College of New York (MCNY), a private nonprofit institution that offers programs designed specifically for working professionals. “It’s a question of finding a graduate program that’s the right fit for your life.” Garrity suggests the following five criteria as a good place to start.
While accreditation isn’t a strict indication of quality, with an unaccredited program you do run the risk that credits earned may not be accepted by another institution or qualify you to sit for certain professional examinations. MCNY is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education (MSCHE), and the school’s graduate programs are approved by and registered with the New York State Department of Education (NYSED), so credits awarded are recognized by other accredited institutions. The MBA programs are also accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP).
Flexibility and convenience
When and where are classes held? How long will it take to earn your degree? MCNY offers accelerated graduate degree programs with flexible evening, weekend, and online schedules. A three-semester master’s program at MCNY can be completed in as little as one year while working full time. MCNY’s new campus at 60 West Street is in the heart of the Financial District, which is not only the business capital of the world but also home to many of New York’s human service and emergency management agencies. The College also opened a new location in the Bronx this summer.
Will you get the hands-on experience you need to stand out from other candidates vying for that next promotion or job opportunity? All MCNY programs use a unique model, Purpose-Centered Education, which combines classroom instruction with applied knowledge and practice gained through Constructive Action (CA), a workable plan of action for a student’s employer that seeks to resolve a particular workplace situation. MCNY’s MBA programs also feature a global study abroad component to immerse students in the workings of our increasingly global economy.
Make sure you examine all costs associated with the program, including tuition, books and supplies, and miscellaneous fees. Then review the types of financial assistance available such as loans and scholarships. At MCNY an experienced financial aid advisor can sit down with you to make this process easier.
Just as organizations have corporate cultures, so too do graduate schools. You’ll want to identify one that fits your style, ideals, personality, and comfort level so you’ll have a greater chance to succeed. At MCNY our Learning Commons gives students access to academic support resources and the campus library as well as spaces to collaborate with their peers, faculty, and staff.
There’s no better way to truly determine if the grad program “fits” your life, however, than seeing it for yourself. Attend an upcoming Graduate Information Session at MCNY. RSVP at whatsyourpurpose.nyc or call 888-414-4794 to speak to an admissions counselor.
Are you interested?Yes, connect me!
|Early Childhood Education|
|MBA - Finance|
|MBA - Health Care|
|New Media Studies|
Register now for our scholarship giveaway
*may vary by program