We prepare students to become leaders in their fields, equipped with the skills and knowledge to respond to the changing needs of employers. We offer master’s degree programs in business, education, liberal and fine arts, and physical and social sciences, as well as post-baccalaureate certificates, endorsements, and licensures in a variety of disciplines.
Our small class sizes ensure personalized attention from faculty and the opportunity for in-depth, critical analysis of relevant topics and issues. In-class learning is applied outside the classroom through field work and research.
Named one of the most diverse universities in the Midwest by U.S. News & World Report, we are proud of the richness of our multicultural university community. We foster close cultural ties that represent more than 150 first languages spoken at Northeastern—a reflection of the urban environment of Chicago.
The global perspectives that permeate teaching and learning at Northeastern are reflected in our federal designation as a Hispanic-Serving Institution, our student exchange partnerships with 40 universities around the world, and the number of faculty awarded Fulbright Scholarships to teach and conduct research around the world.
Choice and flexibility
Northeastern Illinois University provides its graduate students with excellent choices from over 50 master’s degree and post-baccalaureate non-degree programs in a variety of disciplines: business, education, liberal and fine arts, and physical and social sciences.
• Northeastern is distinguished for its high-quality, affordable graduate education.
• Classes are conveniently offered during the late afternoon and evening hours to accommodate working professionals.
• Students experience quality interactions with our esteemed faculty in small classroom settings
• Students may attend either full-time or part-time.
• Classes are offered at the Main Campus, El Centro, the Carruthers Center, and the University Center of Lake County.
• The Teacher Licensure Program is an option that enables individuals with college degrees to obtain an Illinois teacher license.
• Students may apply as “non-degree seeking” without formal admission to a specific degree program.
We offer extremely competitive tuition rates, making your graduate education a worthwhile investment. Among Midwest regional universities, Northeastern students graduate with the least amount of student loan debt.
We extend in-state tuition rates to students from the neighboring states of Indiana, Iowa, Kentucky, Missouri, and Wisconsin as well as students on active military duty, veterans, and their spouses and dependents.
Northeastern Illinois University connects our students with opportunities for hands-on learning with the world-class institutions that share our Chicago location. In addition to our Main Campus in the North Park neighborhood, we also have locations in the Avondale and Bronzeville neighborhoods and in Grayslake, Illinois.
Your next step
The best way to experience Northeastern is to visit. Explore our graduate programs by visiting neiu.edu/graduatestudies. Contact us with any questions and to arrange your visit.