The most important decision you’ll make about graduate school is not where you’ll go, but how. Become a creator, a pioneer, and a leader at WVU.
WVU At a Glance
• Approximately 6,612 graduate and professional students enrolled
• 1,800+ graduate assistants
- Nearly 100 fellowships
- Over $40 million in tuition waiver
• 58 graduate-focused organizations and clubs
• 4 apartment complexes exclusively for graduate students and upperclassmen
• 190,000+ WVU alumni in 60 nations
• The U.S. Department of Energy’s Advanced Research Projects Agency-Energy (ARPA-E) chose WVU as one of 18 organizations to receive $55 million in funding for innovative energy projects.
• NASA challenged top scholars to build a planetary rover prototype. Our robotics team won in record fashion and beat MIT and Virginia Tech in the process.
• Our LaunchLab business deals are the real deal. Come with an idea and go forth with a business plan, market research, strategy, and an expert team of mentors and fellow students.
• The Media Innovation Center brings your digital ideas to life with 3-D printers, drones, virtual and augmented reality, and wearable technology.
• West Virginia’s first-ever satellite will launch in 2016 thanks to a partnership between NASA and WVU engineering students and faculty.
• Humanity attempted to detect signs of alien life 55 years ago in WVU’s backyard—at the Green Bank Telescope. Breakthrough Listen, a new $100 million international initiative searching for intelligent life, will once again use Green Bank, one of the world’s most powerful telescopes.
Are you ready to create your future? Are you prepared to find your calling? To focus your commitment? Become a professional scholar? To breathe, dream, and immerse yourself in your passion? At West Virginia University, you will satisfy your hunger to learn and forge the expertise that will shape the rest of your life.
At WVU we relentlessly pursue world-changing discovery and innovation, academic engagement, and excellence. As a land-grant institution in the 21st century, WVU delivers high-quality education, models a culture of diversity and inclusion, promotes health and vitality, and builds pathways for the exchange of knowledge and opportunity between the state, the nation, and the world.
Research: investing in the future
West Virginia University is one of only 99 universities nationwide to be classified as a Research University (High Research Activity) by the Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching.
• WVU faculty generate over $127 million annually in sponsored contracts and research grants.
• WVU will use nearly half of a $20 million National Science Foundation grant to research questions related to water resources and gravitational waves. WVU will receive $9.65 million over five years.
• The FBI named WVU its National Leader for Biometrics Research.
• The world’s first institute devoted to the study of human memory is on campus.
• As one of only 10 labs in the world using large-scale 3-D reconstructions of brain cells, the Center for Neuroscience is pioneering unprecedented insight into the cellular processes of the brain.
• There are 60 research labs in the Erma Byrd Biomedical Research Center.
Go where ideas take shape
College is about more than taking notes. At WVU you’ll challenge the facts, defy the data, and lead the way in innovation. We provide over 180 master’s, doctoral, and professional degrees, including 27 graduate certificates, in our 14 schools and colleges:
• Davis College of Agriculture, Natural Resources, and Design
• Eberly College of Arts and Sciences
• College of Business and Economics
• College of Creative Arts
• School of Dentistry
• College of Engineering and Mineral Resources
• College of Education and Human Services
• Reed College of Media
• College of Law
• School of Medicine
• School of Nursing
• School of Pharmacy
• School of Public Health
• College of Physical Activity and Sport Sciences
At WVU you will find internationally recognized academic programs, expert mentors and advisors, funding through assistantships and fellowships, opportunities to conduct research and present your findings, and a community that cultivates and encourages innovation and ideas.
Country roads do take us home
Our region’s natural beauty is famous, and people around the world sing “take me home, country roads.” West Virginia is called the Mountain State for a reason—mountains are (literally) a big part of who we are. Beautiful spots to enjoy camping, rock climbing, kayaking, mountain biking, snowboarding, and world-class whitewater rafting are nearby.
And just beyond the bountiful mountains lie major cities in close proximity for easy access to all the amenities of large metropolises.
Life is short—make memories
WVU grad students don’t spend every single minute in their labs, offices, and the library. They take in lectures and art exhibits, walk and bike on riverside trails, and enjoy downtime at downtown restaurants and music venues.
When you come to WVU, you are following in the footsteps of scholars who created their own paths. You can forge your own future. Become a creator, a pioneer, and a leader—both inside and outside the classroom and lab. There’s no limit to what you can accomplish with a graduate degree from WVU. Get ready to turn your big ideas into the next big thing!
Are you interested?Yes, connect me!
|Agronomy, Plant Science|
|Art and Fine Arts|
|BSN to MSN Programs|
|Botany and Plant Sciences|
|Cancer Biology & Oncology|
|Cell & Molecular Biology|
|Communication Sci & Disorders|
|Counseling Psychology PhD|
|Curriculum & Instruction|
|Design - other|
|Early Childhood Education|
|Education of the Gifted|
|Engineering - General|
|Executive MBA Programs|
|JD / Law Programs|
|Journalism & Mass Media|
|MBA - Finance|
|MBA - Non-Profit Admin|
|MBA - Sports Management|
|Medical Doctor Programs|
|Psychology - General|
|Reading & Literacy|
|Science - Other|
|Social Work - MSW|
|Sports & Fitness Management|
|Teaching Foreign Language|
|Teaching Other Subjects|
|Theater and Drama|
Register now for our scholarship giveaway
*may vary by program