The Jesuit University of New Jersey.
Saint Peter’s University
What happens when you put one of the world’s greatest teaching organizations next to one of its greatest cities? You get Saint Peter’s University, a Jesuit institute of higher education just minutes from New York City, a global center of culture, entertainment, business, and professional opportunities.
Saint Peter’s is one of 28 Jesuit colleges in the country and the only one in New Jersey. Established in 1872, Saint Peter’s provides a unique learning experience shaped by rigorous academics, internships that provide real-word experience, community service, and
a genuine, caring community that supports you long after graduation.
With an undergraduate student-faculty ratio of 12:1 and a stellar faculty committed to success, Saint Peter’s offers more than 50 undergraduate majors as well as master’s-level and doctoral degree programs. We’re small enough to know you by name and big enough to bring the world to your door.
Location, location, location
Saint Peter’s University is located in Jersey City, New Jersey, which provides students with unbeatable cultural experiences, and internship and career opportunities. Being at Saint Peter’s means you are a 12-minute train ride from the heart of New York City. Gallery openings, parks, museums, shops, and shows are right at your fingertips. The other serious advantage to our location is any job, internship, or professional interest you can think of is close by. In fact, we offer several courses in the city, making it an extension of our classrooms.
Value of a Jesuit education
Being part of a Jesuit University community means academic excellence. The teachings of Saint Ignatius shape our mission and thus provide our foundation for educating students. At Saint Peter’s University, we educate the whole person, including the intellectual, social, and spiritual dimensions. Regardless of background orfaith, our faculty will encourage you to develop a deeper understanding of the world around you. Then you will be encouraged to “go forth and set the world on fire.”
Our students develop a desire to serve—whether it’s with a cause or an organization, or a lifelong commitment to giving back. They build an unshakeable foundation of ethics that will guide their future achievements. And they build a sense of community that lasts a lifetime. Our Jesuit-based education not only prepares Saint Peter’s students for their careers, but it also inspires them to be caring, contributing members of society.
New facilities and opportunities to enhance your experience
Over the last few years, Saint Peter’s has been working to modernize its facilities to help improve the overall student experience. The Mac Mahon Student Center and Dinneen Hall are our most recent renovations. The Mac Mahon Student Center offers awide variety of dining options, a fitness center, meeting spaces for student clubs and activities, a performance space, and a game room. It is the hub of student life. Dinneen Hall is home to our School of Business. Programs like business management, marketing, and finance haveaccess to smart classrooms, seminar rooms, and our state-of-the art financial trading room. Our students learn how to use financial trading technology within a classroom setting andhave the chance to experience Wall Street only miles away from campus.
Hands-on experience from the moment you arrive
We know that our graduates gain just as much experience outside the classroom as they do inside, which is why we make it a priority to connect students with great learning opportunities at companies, organizations, and programs worldwide. Many of our students participate in internships with world-renowned companies and organizations. Students also have the opportunity to study internationally through the Center for Global Learning or work hand-in-hand with faculty to conduct innovative research invarious areas of study. As one of the selected universities with NGO (nongovernment organization) status, our students and faculty are able to be apart of programs at the United Nations, and our honors program asks students to conduct in-depth research in subject areas of their choice so as to be better prepared for a career orgraduate school. Saint Peter’s University offers students a well-rounded liberal arts curriculum, experiential career opportunities, spiritual and service-oriented opportunities, social and cultural advantages, and a caring community.
Campus and Location
• Saint Peter’s University is one of 28 Jesuit colleges and universities in the United States and the only one in New Jersey.
• The campus is set on 30 acres in Jersey City, the second-largest city in New Jersey.
• New York City is 12 minutes by PATH train.
• Our remarkably diverse undergraduate and graduate student body originates from 29 states and from more than 36 countries around the world.
• Approximately 3,000 students attend Saint Peter’s.
• Average class size is 18 students.
Financing Your Education 2014–2015
• Undergraduate tuition: $31,230 per year, plus fees, housing, meals, and expenses
• Financial aid is granted to 98% of our full-time undergraduate students in the form of academic, need-based, and athletic grants. The average financial aid package is more than $20,000.
• Saint Peter’s fields 19 NCAA Division I intercollegiate athletic teams. It is a founding member of the Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference (MAAC).
• Men: Baseball, Basketball, Co-ed Cheerleading, Cross-country, Golf, Indoor/Outdoor Track, Soccer, Swimming & Diving, Tennis
• Women: Basketball, Bowling, Co-ed Cheerleading, Cross-country, Golf, Indoor/Outdoor Track, Soccer, Softball, Swimming & Diving, Tennis, Volleyball
• More than 50 student-run organizations offer activities to complement the academic experience.
• Through a number of volunteer opportunities that foster relationships with local, national, and global associations, approximately 800 students contribute more than 16,000 hours of service annually. Numerous intramural sports programs promote physical and social interaction indoors and on the fields.
• Religious services and spiritual retreats are offered for all faiths.
Programs of Study
• American Studies
• Art History
• Asian and Asian-American Studies
• Biological Chemistry
- Forensic Science
- Environmental Science
• Business Management
• Forensic Science
• Classical Civilization
• Classical Languages
• Clinical Laboratory Sciences
- Writing and Publishing
- Media Business
- Film History and Criticism
• Computer Science
- Computer Information Systems
- Management Information Systems
• Criminal Justice
- Law and Justice
- Police Administration
- Investigative Sciences
- Criminal Research and Intelligence Analysis
- Computer Science and Crime Forensics
- Elementary and Middle School
• English Literature
• Environmental Studies
- Communications and Media
- Interdisciplinary Studies
- Social Science
• Fine Arts
• Graphic Arts
• Health and Physical Education
• International Business
• Latin American and Latino Studies
• Mathematical Economics
• Marketing Management
• Modern Languages
• Natural Science
• Political Science
- Clinical Psychology
- Cognitive Processing
- Forensic Psychology
• Sports Management
• Urban Studies
• Visual Arts
• Africana Studies
• Business Law
• Social Justice
• Theatre Arts
• Women’s Studies
* Most majors are also available as minors.
Five-Year Dual Degree Programs
• B.S./M.S. Accountancy
• B.S./M.B.A. Business Administration
• B.S./M.S. Computer Science
• B.A./M.A. Education