We’ve flipped the model of most universities, so you’re not learning it now to eventually do it—you’re doing it now to learn it.
Accreditation & Recognition
• Recognized as one of the Best 381 Colleges in the country by The Princeton Review
• Named a Top-Tier Comprehensive University in the North by U.S. News & World Report
• Tagliatela College of Engineering named a Top-Tier National School by U.S. News & World Report
• AACSB accreditation
Companies That Employ University of New Haven Alumni
• Connecticut State Police
• Department of Homeland Security
• Discovery Channel
• Pitney Bowes
• United Technologies
• US Secret Service
• Walt Disney World
• World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE)
Why University of New Haven ?
• More than 25 graduate degree and certificate programs offered
• Small, personalized class sizes and a dynamic learning environment
• Nationally and internationally recognized scholars to work alongside and conduct research with
• A full complement of student services available, including Career Services, Student Services, Marvin K. Peterson Library, and housing options
• Rich off-campus activities throughout the New Haven area offering a wealth of cultural and social attractions
University of New Haven FAST FACTS
Location: West Haven, Connecticut
Institution Type: Private
Graduate Enrollment: 1,900
• Founded in 1920 on the campus of Yale University, University of New Haven moved to its current West Haven location in 1960.
• The University has campuses in West Haven, Orange, and New London, Connecticut.
• The University operates a satellite campus in Tuscany, Italy.
• There are more than 50,000 alumni worldwide.
• Notable alumni include Henry C. Lee, Tony Sparano, Dean Lombardi, Nick Sakiewicz, and Ameera Al-Taweel.
Graduate Degree Programs
Doctor of Philosophy
• Criminal Justice
College of Arts and Sciences
• Cellular and Molecular Biology, MS
• Community Psychology, MA
• Environmental Science, MS
• Human Nutrition, MS
• Industrial/Organizational Psychology, MA
College of Business
• Business Administration, MBA
• Executive MBA
• Healthcare Administration, MS
• MBA/MPA Dual Degree
• Sport Management, MS
• Sport Management, MS Online
• Taxation, MS
Henry C. Lee College of Criminal Justice and Forensic Sciences
• Criminal Justice, MS
• Criminal Justice, MS Online
• Emergency Management, MS
• Emergency Management, MS Online
• Fire Science, MS
• Forensic Science, MS
• Forensic Technology, MS
• Investigations, MS
• National Security, MS
• Public Administration, MPA
Tagliatela College of Engineering
• Computer Science, MS
• Cyber Systems, MS
• Electrical Engineering, MS
• Engineering and Operations Management, MS
• Environmental Engineering, MS
• Environmental Engineering, MS Online
• Industrial Engineering, MS
• MBA/MSIE Dual Degree
• Mechanical Engineering, MS
Founded in 1969, the GraduateSchool at the University of New Haven offers more than 40 graduate degree and certificate programs to prepare students for successful careers in the arts and sciences, business, engineering, public safety, and more. Students from the University benefit from small classes, allowing for personalized student-faculty interaction and attention. Faculty members, who represent both highly qualified academicians and working practitioners, take an active role with students and act as advisors in discussions about career options and plans for personal and professional growth and development.
Financing your education
The University of New Haven offers its highest-achieving incoming graduate students the opportunity to participate in the Experiential Graduate Assistantship Program (EGAP). Students offered a Graduate Assistantship (GA) position in this highly competitive program work 15–20 hours a week for an academic or administrative department within the University and in return receive:
• An experiential learning and work opportunity for the entirety of their graduate program
• A 75% tuition discount
• An hourly wage
The University also has a number of other financing options available to graduate students. Roughly 80% of our graduate students utilize student loans at some point in their graduate school career. There are also tuition reimbursement and tuition waivers for those who qualify. Grants, scholarships, and fellowships are available as well.
The faculty who teach in the Graduate School represent a combination of full-time academics who hold doctoral degrees in their specialties and part-time faculty members employed in business, industry, and other professions. In addition to their academic credentials, they bring to the classroom a wealth of experience and practical insight. They enjoy outstanding professional reputations in their fields through accomplishments in research and writing and as visiting lecturers in business, industry, public sector, and academic venues.
The University of New Haven’s philosophy can be summed up by a two-letter word: do. We’ve flipped the model of most universities, so you’re not learning it now to eventually do it—you’re doing it now to learn it. We believe education is maximized when you gain knowledge from a core academic foundation and immediately apply it with real feet-on-the-pavement, hands-on-the-controls experience. This hands-on approach is more than a belief; it’s a model of higher education dubbed “experiential learning” that more and more universities are turning to because of its effectiveness in preparing students for careers. As a nationally recognized leader in this movement, the University of New Haven also trains other universities in experiential learning.
Graduate program highlights
• Full-time or part-time study options
• Convenient evening, weekend, online, and community-based classes
• Small, personalized class sizes to maximize student-faculty interaction
• Nationally renowned programs
• Professional internships and research opportunities
• More than 160 Recognized Student Organizations (RSOs)
• Graduate student body of 1,900
- Full time: 1,182
- Part time: 718
- Female: 889
- Male: 1,101
- Military veterans: 75
- International students: 630
Applying for admission
A couple of University of New Haven graduate programs have special admission requirements and/or early application deadlines; applications for all other graduate programs are accepted on a rolling basis. The online Graduate School Application can be completed free of charge. Learn more about the application process at newhaven.edu/admissions/gradadmissions/apply.
The University of New Haven’s Career Services Center offers employment-related services. Among these are career counseling, advising, on-campus employment interviewing, and extensive information about job opportunities. The office can also assist with résumé writing, interviewing skills, and cover and thank-you letters—in short, all the tools necessary to perform an effective job search.
Are you interested?Yes, connect me!
|Cell & Molecular Biology|
|Evening MBA Programs|
|Executive MBA Programs|
|Human Resource Management|
|MBA - Accounting|
|MBA - Finance|
|MBA - Human Resources|
|MBA - International Business|
|MBA - Leadership|
|MBA - Marketing|
|MBA - Sports Management|
|MBA - Taxation|
|Taxation - Business|
Register now for our scholarship giveaway
*may vary by program