The Franciscan University of New Jersey.
Walk around our two campuses or talk to current students and you’ll experience new energy and excitement at Felician University. You’ll see students walking by on their way to a computer graphics class or rushing off to an internship in New York City. Or you might hear the crowd cheering from the gym as they support our men’s and women’s NCAA Division II sports teams. The new Education Commons serves as a busy campus hub, with high-tech classrooms, a digital media lab, Nursing Resource Center, and group study areas.
You will also sense a commitment to you that is deeply rooted in our Catholic/Franciscan spirit, which embodies our love of learning, commitment to service, and respect for all creation. Diversity is central to student learning at Felician University. You will find a comfortable and inclusive setting where you will become prepared for an increasingly complex and diverse society.
Teacher, nurse, network security analyst, or entrepreneur—there’s a major for you!
Life at Felician University is anchored in the classroom, with outstanding professors, interesting courses, and challenging, hands-on learning experiences. What are you going to study? Choose from a broad selection of majors, minors, and concentrations in art, science, business, nursing, and education. Or if you’re looking for something on the cutting edge, you might consider our newest majors in Cybersecurity, Criminal Justice, or our five-year combined BS/MBA degree in Business. If you are undecided about what to study, you have the freedom to explore your degree options and learn about different career paths.
Our curriculum and internship programs make regular use of the possibilities presented by our close proximity to New York City—the Rutherford campus is only 10 miles west of Midtown. World-class museums, a vibrant art world, and a global hub for business serve as an extension of your classroom. Recent internship sites include The Food Network, MTV Networks Music & Logo Group, New York Red Bulls, and the US Secret Service.
Motivated, high-achieving students can enrich their college experience through the Honors Program and earn the distinction of graduating as an Honors Scholar. Honors classes are smaller in size than traditional classes, allowing for close interaction with professors. You will be able to conduct independent scholarly research with faculty guidance.
We put your field of study in action
Field experiences are a key part of many of our academic programs. You will make connections between the knowledge learned in the classroom and how that knowledge is applied in the real world.
• Education majors will complete six field internships before student teaching—that’s 360 hours in real classrooms. You will experience teaching in your freshman year so you can decide if teaching is the right career path for you.
• Our state-of-the-art Nursing Resource Center provides a realistic health care environment where Nursing students perform various medical procedures using technological mannequins. Students gain invaluable clinical experience through skills labs and live demonstrations.
• Senior Nursing students choose a clinical area of specialization and spend one day a week working a 13-hour shift under the supervision of an RN clinical preceptor.
Become a standout—develop into a leader
Our professors are here because they love to teach. With industry experience and advanced degrees, they use their real-world experience to help you develop leadership qualities and push you in new directions.
• For the past four years a Felician student has been named as a New Jersey Distinguished Student Teacher.
• Felician University continues to have one of the highest numbers of student nurse members in the New Jersey Nursing Students, Inc. (NJNS), a pre-professional organization representing the Nursing students of New Jersey. Several students serve as board members for the NJNS, an extraordinary accomplishment for our Nursing students.
• Because of our rare designation as a non-governmental organization, Felician students have a unique opportunity to attend United Nations conferences and meet politicians, diplomats, and ambassadors from around the world. The UN Fellows program is open to all students of any major.
The best way to experience our Felician University spirit is to visit us. Discover the many learning opportunities that are waiting for you—both in and outside the classroom. We can’t wait to show you!
Student-guided tours depart from the historic Castle on the Rutherford campus and are offered year round, Monday through Friday at 10:00 am and 2:00 pm, except during school holidays. To set up a visit or learn more, contact the admissions office at 201-355-1465 or firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit our website at felician.edu/visit.
Felician University was named to Money magazine’s 2015 Best Colleges List and received an impressive Value Added Grade of “A,” reflecting how well our students perform vs. expectations for students with similar economic and academic backgrounds.
SCHOOL OF ARTS & SCIENCES
- Fine Arts Concentration
- Graphic Design Concentration
- Painting and Drawing Concentration
- Photography and New Media Concentration
- Biochemistry Concentration
• Biology—Clinical Laboratory Sciences*
- Medical Laboratory Sciences
• Biology—Medical Imaging Sciences*
- Cardiac Sonography
- Diagnostic Medical Sonography
- Nuclear Medicine Technology
- Vascular Sonography
• Biology-—Pre-professional Programs
- Pre-occupational Therapy**
- Pre-physical Therapy**
- Pre-physician Assistant**
- Journalism and Media Concentration
- Videomaking Concentration
• Computer Science
• Criminal Justice and 5-Year BS/MBA
• Health Information Management*
- Global Peace and Justice
- Interdisciplinary Studies
• Natural Science & Mathematics
- General Sciences
• Pre-psychiatric Rehabilitation and Psychology*
• Psychology and 4+2 BA/MA Counseling Psychology
• Social and Behavioral Sciences
SCHOOL OF BUSINESS
• 5-Year BS/MBA
• Business Administration
• Healthcare Administration
• International Business (Concentration)
SCHOOL OF EDUCATION
• Elementary Education (K-6)
• Elementary Education (K-6) and Early Childhood Education (P-3)
• Elementary Education (K-6) with Specialization (5-8)
- Language Arts/Literacy, Math, Science, or Social Studies
• Secondary Education (K-12)
- Art, English, Math, Music, Science, or Social Studies
• Teacher of Students with Disabilities Endorsement
SCHOOL OF NURSING
• Nursing (BSN)
* Degrees awarded jointly with Rutgers-SHRP
** Biology degree from Felician and graduate degree from a cooperating institution
As a university with a “small town” feel within a major metro area, you get the best of both worlds! Take advantage of our location only 10 miles from New York City as you explore internship opportunities, world-class museums, and a vibrant art world.