#BeExceptional at the University of Mount Union
Exceptional is the rule at Mount Union. This private university, grounded in the liberal arts tradition, delivers a classic college experience—plus so much more.
Your Mount Union education begins with our high-quality academic programs, featuring 59 majors, plus minors and pre-professional programs. Supported by a world-class faculty—teacher-scholars who are passionate about their subjects and their students—you’ll forge an intellectual foundation for lifelong learning.
A Mount Union education prepares you for today’s realities and tomorrow’s challenges by linking classroom instruction with practical application. Live what you learn—and build valuable career skills—through a full range of experiential learning opportunities, from campus leadership to community service, from athletic endeavors to off-campus internships.
It all takes place in a diverse and inclusive community, where your explorations are encouraged and supported. The result is your own Mount Union experience: relevant, dynamic . . . exceptional. And that’s why motivated students—from all walks of life—make Mount Union their first choice.
• The mission of the University of Mount Union is to prepare students for fulfilling lives, meaningful work, and responsible citizenship.
• Founded in 1846, Mount Union is a four-year private institution affiliated with the United Methodist Church.
• Our 2,100 undergraduate students represent a diverse student body: 51% men and 49% women, from 34 states and 20 countries, with 3% international students and 13% American students of color.
• A Mount Union education is the best of both worlds—a curriculum that’s grounded in the liberal arts tradition and emboldened by market-smart, career-savvy options.
• With a student-faculty ration of 13:1 and an average class size of 19, you won’t get lost in the crowd.
• Our faculty put your education first, and close mentorship is a Mount Union hallmark. The faculty are stellar, with many members educated at world-class institutions.
• Enjoy a classic college environment and modern university amenities at Mount Union. Everything you need is right here on our 123-acre campus located in Alliance, Ohio.
• Nearly 75% of students live on campus in residence halls and apartment-style housing. You’ll feel right at home.
• With more than 80 student organizations and a host of campus events, you’ll have to try hard to be bored.
• An 11-time national championship football team heads a roster of 23 NCAA Division III athletic teams. Go Raiders!
Your Future Starts Here
An Investment with Proven Results
Our more than 18,000 alumni worldwide stand as proof that a Mount Union education is a worthwhile investment. In fact, among members of the 2014 graduating class, 99% of those self-reporting had started a degree-required career or were accepted to graduate school, all in an average of 38 days after graduation. It doesn’t get much more convincing than that.
The Conversation About Cost
Don’t let concerns about the cost of college keep you from exploring this exceptional investment in your future. Our tuition is more than 13% below the average cost of other similar private institutions in Ohio, and we were recently named a Tuition Hero for our efforts to keep tuition increases to a minimum. In addition, about 98% of undergraduate students receive some form of financial aid, and our average financial aid package is $21,734.
Take the Next Step
There’s no better way to get to know us—and the exceptional education we provide—than to see for yourself. To schedule your visit, complete one of the following:
1. Call us at 800-334-6682
2. Visit mountunion.edu/visit-campus
3. Send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Or apply today. Visit mountunion.edu/apply.
• American Studies*
• Athletic Training
• Civil Engineering
• Communication Studies
• Computer Information Systems
• Computer Science
• Criminal Justice
• Early Childhood Education
• Environmental Science
• Exercise Science
• Financial Mathematics
• Financial Planning*
• Human Development and Family Science
• Human Resource Management
• Integrated Media
• International Affairs and Diplomacy
• International Business and Economics
• Intervention Specialist
• Mechanical Engineering
• Medical Laboratory Science
• Middle Childhood Education
• Music Education
• Music Performance
• National Security and Foreign Intelligence Analysis
• Physical Education
• Political Science
• Public Health*
• Public Relations
• Religious Studies
• School Social Work*
• Sport Business
* In the fall of 2017, these academic programs will be discontinued. Students enrolled at the institution during or prior to the 2016–2017 academic year will have the opportunity to pursue and complete the programs. These programs will not be available to students entering in the fall of 2017 or after.