Experience More Than a Great University.
Do you want to work on exciting research that could offer a painless blood sugar test for diabetics? Would you like to live your childhood dream working at LEGO Systems as an intern? Or how does spending the spring semester of your freshman year in London sound to you?
At Western New England University, there’s no hibernation in Golden Bear country. Here you’ll be an active participant in all aspects of our welcoming learning community. If you’ve got big plans, get ready to dive right into a great university experience.
• Engineering students are immersed in the design and innovation process in their first semester and produce their own smart devices by spring.
• From Disney to Pricewaterhouse-Coopers, internships are integral to our focus on experiential learning.
• In the London semester abroad, arts and sciences freshmen can spend their spring semester in London at Regents University, while business students can head there fall of sophomore year, all for the same cost as living on campus.
• Every business student can become certified in SAP, an enterprise resource planning software that puts our graduates in demand.
• Qualifying students in the two-year Pre-pharmacy program can continue their studies at our College of Pharmacy—earning both a bachelor’s and doctoral degree.
• Western New England is the only university in the northeast to offer a joint six-year BS in Engineering and JD law degree program.
More than mentors
You’ll be taught by professors who take a personal interest in your aspirations. In many majors you’ll have opportunities to collaborate with them on research projects. You’ll also make important connections through our alumni mentoring programs.
• In a survey of the Class of 2015, 97% were employed/offered employment within six months of graduation. Others were enrolled in graduate school.
• The University’s solar houses made strong showings in prestigious national and international Solar Decathlon competitions.
• We were the only university worldwide to send business students to study the business functions of the Olympic Games in Rio!
• Renewable merit scholarships of $6,000–$20,000 annually are awarded based on high school academic performance.
• Did you know we’re test optional? Visit wne.edu/tuition for details.
Our graduates are going places
Our alumni have landed jobs at such organizations as Pratt & Whitney, the Massachusetts State Police, KPMG, Google, the Smithsonian, the Red Sox, and E! News.
Study in the heart of New England
Western New England University is located in Springfield, Massachusetts, in the heart of the beautiful Pioneer Valley. Springfield is just three hours from New York City, 90 minutes from Boston, and 30 minutes from Hartford, Connecticut, and Bradley International Airport.
We’re picture perfect
Our picturesque 215-acre campus is set in a residential neighborhood. With the addition of our new Dining Commons set to open next fall, over the last five years, more than $80 million will have been invested in facilities. On-campus living options include traditional residence halls, suites, apartments, and townhouses.
Visit wne.edu to take a virtual tour, explore majors, register for an open house, or apply.
• Founded: 1919
• Type: private, coeducational
• Colleges: Arts and Sciences, Business, Engineering, and Pharmacy, plus a School of Law
• Student-faculty ratio: 14:1
• Average class size: 18 students
• 2,580 full-time undergraduates
• 3,830 total students (undergraduate, graduate, and law)
• 40 states and territories plus 26 foreign countries represented
• 1090 incoming freshman average SAT; 3.37 high school GPA
• 62% of full-time undergraduates male; 38% female
• 65% of full-time undergraduates living on campus (78% of freshmen)
• 98% of undergraduates receiving financial assistance through the University
• Tuition: Arts and Sciences, Business: $32,524; Engineering: $33,990; room and board: $13,214
• More than 70 clubs and organizations
• Team: the Golden Bears
• 19 varsity Division III sports
Majors & programs
College of Arts and Sciences
• Actuarial Sciences
• American Studies
- Corporate Communication
- Health Communication
- Media Theory and Production
- Public Relations
• Computer Science
• Creative Writing
• Criminal Justice
- Crime and Society
- Criminal Investigation
- Terrorism and Homeland Security
• Forensic Biology
• Forensic Chemistry
• Health Sciences
• Information Technology
• International Studies
• Law and Society
• Mathematical Sciences
• Political Science
• Pre-physician Assistant
• Social Work
- Crime and Society
College of Business
• Arts and Entertainment Management
• Business Analytics and Information Management
• General Business
- Business Law and Human Resources
• International Business
• Management and Leadership
• Marketing Communication/Advertising
• Pharmaceutical Business
• Sport Management
College of Engineering
• Biomedical Engineering
• Civil Engineering
• Computer Engineering
• Electrical Engineering
• Industrial Engineering
• Mechanical Engineering
Combined Degree Programs
• 3+3 Law Program
• Five-Year Bachelor/MBA
• Five-Year Bachelor/MSA
• Five-Year BS/MS in Civil Engineering
• Five-Year BS/MS in Electrical Engineering
• Five-Year BS/MS in Industrial Engineering
• Five-Year BS/MS in Mechanical Engineering
• Five-Year Bachelor/MS in Engineering Management
• Five-Year Bachelor/MS in Organizational Leadership
• Six-Year Engineering/Law Program