Experience More Than a Great University.
Do you want to work on exciting research that could offer a painless blood sugar test for diabetics? Would you like to live your childhood dream working at LEGO Systems as an intern? Or how does spending the spring semester of your freshman year in London sound to you?
At Western New England University, there’s no hibernation in Golden Bear country. Here you’ll be an active participant in all aspects of our welcoming learning community. If you’ve got big plans, get ready to dive right into a great university experience.
• Engineering students dive into the design and innovation process in their first semester and produce their own smart device by the end of the year.
• From Disney to Pricewaterhouse-Coopers, internships are integral to our focus on experiential learning.
• London Semesters Abroad: arts and sciences freshmen can spend their spring semester in London at Richmond University, while business students can head there fall of sophomore year, all for the same cost as living here on campus.
• Every business student can become certified in SAP, an enterprise resource planning software that puts our graduates in demand.
• Qualifying students in the two-year pre-pharmacy program can continue their studies at our College of Pharmacy.
• Western New England is the only university in the northeast to offer a joint six-year B.S. in engineering and J.D. law degree program.
More than mentors
You’ll be taught by professors who take a personal interest in your aspirations. In many majors you’ll have opportunities to collaborate with them on research projects and present your results at conferences. You’ll also make important connections through our alumni mentoring programs.
• In a survey of the Class of 2014, 94% were employed/offered employment within six months of graduation. Others were enrolled in graduate school.
• Western New England University was selected to compete in the prestigious U.S. Department of Energy Solar Decathlon 2015.
• The Center for International Sport Business sponsors seminar trips to international events such as the Olympic Games and the FIFA World Cup. Next stop—the 2016 Games in Rio de Janeiro!
Our graduates are going places
Our alumni have landed jobs at such organizations as Pratt & Whitney, the Massachusetts State Police, KPMG, Microsoft, the Metropolitan Opera, the New York Yankees, and American Idol.
Study in the heart of New England
Western New England University is located in Springfield, Massachusetts, in the heart of the beautiful Pioneer Valley. Springfield is just three hours from New York City, 90 minutes from Boston, and 30 minutes from Hartford and Bradley International Airport.
We’re picture perfect
Our picturesque 215-acre campus is set in a residential neighborhood. In the past three years, modernization of academic buildings has seen more than $60 million in new construction or renovation projects. On-campus living options include traditional residence halls, suites, apartments, and townhouses.
Visit wne.edu to take a virtual tour, explore majors, register for an open house, or apply.
• Founded: 1919
• Type: Private, coeducational
• Colleges: Arts and Sciences, Business, Engineering, and Pharmacy, plus a School of Law
• Student-faculty ratio: 14:1
• Average class size: 20 students
• 2,575 full-time undergraduates
• 3,900 total students (undergraduate, graduate, and law): 40 states and territories plus 26 foreign countries represented
• 98% of undergraduates receive financial aid through the University.
• The Golden Bears field 19 varsity Division III sports.
• 61% of full-time undergraduates are male; 39% are female.
• 69% of full-time undergraduates live on campus (86% of freshmen).
• More than 70 clubs and organizations
• Incoming freshmen average SAT: 1066; high school GPA: 3.35
• Tuition: Arts and sciences and business: $31,730; engineering: $33,160; room and board: $12,894
College of Arts and Sciences
• Actuarial Sciences
• American Studies
- Media Theory and Production
- Professional Communication
- Public Relations
• Computer Science
• Creative Writing
• Criminal Justice
- Crime and Society
- Criminal Investigation
- Terrorism and Homeland Security
• Forensic Biology
• Forensic Chemistry
• Health Sciences
• Information Technology
• International Studies
• Law and Society
• Mathematical Sciences
• Political Science
• Pre-physician Assistant
• Social Work
- Crime and Society
College of Business
• Arts and Entertainment Management
• Business Analytics and Information Systems
• General Business
- Business Law and Human Resources
• International Business
• Management and Leadership
• Marketing Communication/Advertising
• Pharmaceutical Business
• Sport Management
College of Engineering
• Biomedical Engineering
• Civil Engineering
• Computer Engineering
• Electrical Engineering
• Industrial Engineering
• Mechanical Engineering
Combined Degree Programs
• 3+3 Law Program
• Five-year Bachelor/M.B.A.
• Five-year Bachelor/M.S.A.
• Five-year Bachelor/M.S. in Engineering Management
• Five-year Bachelor/M.S. in Organizational Leadership
• Five-year B.S.E.E./M.S.E.E.
• Five-year B.S.M.E./M.S.M.E.
• Six-year Engineering/Law
In its annual “America’s Best Colleges” edition, U.S.News & World Report ranks Western New England University in the top tier of the “Regional Universities—North” category of colleges and universities offering a full range of undergraduate and master’s programs.
Renewable merit scholarships of $6,000–$18,000 annually are awarded based on high school academic performance. We are also test optional. Visit wne.edu/tuition for details.