At Concordia University Irvine, we have a distinctive perspective on education that blends the liberal arts & Christian values with Southern California vibes.
CUI & you
At Concordia University Irvine, we understand that you are many things: you may be a scholar & a seeker, an athlete & a musician, an artist & a scientist, a leader & a learner. We are a place that values those—and many other—&s.
We believe that & is an important intersection—a place for you to identify your passions & begin to understand where they meet the world’s needs. As a Lutheran Christian university, we call that a vocation or calling & we know that you have more than one.
At CUI we’ll prepare you for those callings in your life through the many &s we offer.
At Concordia University Irvine, we offer more than 90 academic programs and our signature general education curriculum we call Enduring Questions & Ideas (Q&I for short). In Q&I you’ll form critical-thinking skills and habits of intellectual engagement, preparing you not only for the rest of college but for the rest of your life.
That’s why our students rank in the top 10% of students in the country on almost every major indicator in the National Survey of Student Engagement, all linked closely to what employers cite as desirable career skills.
Grace Alone, Faith Alone
Our Grace Alone, Faith Alone student experience means you’ll have the freedom, support, and opportunity to explore your faith and worship alongside committed Christian faculty and staff members. But you won’t be required to do so.
Our Southern California location
CUI’s campus is located six miles from the Pacific Ocean in the city of Irvine, California, consistently ranked as one of the safest and most desirable cities in which to live in America. Located between two nature reserves and sitting high on a hilltop with views for miles, CUI’s 90-acre campus has first-rate athletic fields, high-tech classrooms, and spacious residence halls set among rolling lawns.
• Affiliated with the Lutheran Church—Missouri Synod, Concordia University Irvine is a member of the nationally respected Concordia University System.
• Accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)
• Ranked by U.S. News & World Report as a Top-Tier Regional University
• Located in Irvine, California—rated the safest city in the United States by the FBI
• Undergraduate enrollment: 1,575; University enrollment: 4,505
• 97% of students receiving financial aid
• Over 90 academic programs
• Ranked by Money magazine as a “Best College” providing the best value for your tuition dollar