University of Akron
Be More Than Your Major
The University of Akron (UA) offers more than 200 undergraduate degree programs in engineering, business, computer technology, health care, education, and the arts and sciences. Many of our programs are unique, top-ranked, and nationally recognized for excellence.
Get the full campus experience
• 340+ student clubs and organizations focused on academics, arts and culture, athletics, band and choir, community service, esports, Greek Life, health, and more
• Award-winning residence hall programs, state-of-the-art labs and facilities, championship-winning sports teams, and a nationally recognized Student and Recreation Wellness Center
• Relax with friends in outdoor green spaces, bowl or shoot pool in the Student Union, or climb a 53-foot climbing rock wall at the Rec Center. You’ll never run out of things to do on campus.
Take advantage of career-building opportunities
The city of Akron is a great place to get real-world experience, build your professional network, and launch your career. Located in the heart of Ohio’s fifth-largest city, our beautiful campus is surrounded by thousands of businesses, including Fortune 500 companies—giving you access to countless co-op and internship opportunities.
• 100% of Ohio’s in-demand jobs requiring a bachelor’s degree are attainable through UA’s degree programs.
• 20,000+ employers recruit UA students and alumni.
• The average salary of UA’s spring 2022 bachelor’s degree graduates with Experiential Learning six months after graduation was $64,287.
Get a world-class education at an affordable cost
We offer automatic merit-based scholarships helping you start—and finish—college strong. Ninety-five percent of first-time full-time freshmen receive financial assistance at UA. For Ohio residents, our Tuition Guarantee Program ensures that your tuition will not increase over four academic years.
Ranked among the "Best Midwestern" regional colleges | The Princeton Review, 2023
Ranked #9 among the "Best Colleges in Ohio" | Academic Influence, 2023
Ranked #88 among the "Best Undergraduate Business Schools" nationally, and #1 in northeast Ohio | Poets&Quants, 2023
Ranked #2 among the "Best eSports Colleges in the US" | Daily Game, 2022
The University of Akron affirms the importance and value of diversity within the student body, and among our faculty, staff, administration, and governing Board of Trustees. Our university values and respects the humanity of every individual from every background, and we embrace the diversity that defines UA and has so profoundly enriched our community.