The Fordham University Graduate School of Education (GSE) offers more than 40 master’s, doctoral, and certificate programs in Teaching, Educational Leadership, Counseling and School Psychology, and Interdisciplinary Research.
• Administration and Supervision (MSE, EdD)
• Adolescence Education: Biology, Chemistry, Earth Science, English, Mathematics, Physics, or Social Studies (MST)
• Adolescence Special Education (MST, ADV)
• Bilingual Childhood Education (MST)
• Bilingual Education (ADV)
• Bilingual School Psychology (PD)
• Bilingual Special Education (ADV)
• Catholic Educational Leadership (MSE)
• Childhood Education (MST)
• Childhood Education and Childhood Special Education (MST)
• Childhood Special Education (MSE, ADV)
• Church and Nonpublic School Leadership (PhD)
• Contemporary Learning and Interdisciplinary Research (PhD)
• Counseling Psychology (PhD)
• Curriculum and Teaching (MSE)
• Early Childhood and Childhood Education (MST)
• Early Childhood and Early Childhood Special Education (MST)
• Early Childhood Education (MST)
• Early Childhood Special Education (MSE, ADV)
• Educational Leadership (Accelerated MSE)
• English as a World Language (MS)
• Literacy Education, Childhood or Adolescent (MSE)
• Literacy Leadership (ADV)
• Mental Health Counseling (MSE)
• Middle Childhood Education (Grades 7-9) (ADV)
• School Counseling (MSE)
• School District Leadership (ADV)
• School Psychology (PD, PhD)
• Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL) (MST, ADV)
• TESOL Special Education (ADV)
Located in the heart of New York City, Fordham GSE integrates the city and its diverse residents into its curriculum, research, and field work. GSE is committed to social justice and multiculturalism and works to improve the lives of all people, regardless of race, class, socioeconomic status, religion, or background. GSE believes that all people have the right to superior educational and psychological services.
Teacher Education at GSE includes initial and advanced certification programs as well as non-certification programs designed for both those seeking to become teachers for the first time and certified teachers looking to expand their expertise. Programs include Early Childhood, Childhood, Adolescent, and Special Education, in addition to Curriculum Design, Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL), Bilingual Education, and Literacy.
Educational Leadership programs are designed for those looking to become school leaders and administrators. The curricula cover historical and contemporary ideologies and blend theory and practice to produce confident and nimble leaders who are capable of solving educational problems at micro and macro levels. Within the Administration and Supervision degrees, students in the department can pursue a General Administration degree or specialize in Urban or Catholic/Nonpublic School Education.
Counseling and School Psychology
Counseling and School Psychology programs are based on the scientist-practitioner model and produce professionals who are able to integrate theories of counseling, human development, career counseling, assessment, group counseling, family counseling, multicultural counseling, developmental disorders, research methods, program development and evaluation, and ethics into their work. Programs are available at the master’s level in Mental Health Counseling and School Counseling, at the professional diploma level in School Psychology and Bilingual School Psychology, and at the doctoral level in Counseling Psychology and School Psychology.
Studying in New York City
As one of the most diverse cities in the world, New York gives Fordham GSE students opportunities to work with many different populations in schools, districts, hospitals, clinics, community organizations, and other settings.
Fordham’s Lincoln Center campus is located in the middle of it all. With Broadway a block to the east and Central Park not much farther, students can take full advantage of all the wonderful things New York City has to offer.
Are you interested?Yes, connect me!
|Curriculum & Instruction|
|Early Childhood Education|
|Education of the Gifted|
|Reading & Literacy|
|Reading Master Teacher|
|Teaching Other Subjects|
Register now for our scholarship giveaway
*may vary by program