Founded in 1929, Marist provides a private liberal arts education with opportunities unique to our location in New York’s Hudson River Valley, midway between New York City and Albany, the state capital. Undergraduate research, dynamic faculty, world-class technology, interdisciplinary study, and global engagement are cornerstones of the College.
• American Studies
• Applied Mathematics
• Athletic Training
• Biochemistry: BA
• Biology: New York State Secondary Education Certification (5-year MAT)
• Biomedical Sciences
• Business Administration: Finance, Human Resource Management, International Business, Marketing
• Chemistry: BA, Biochemistry, New York State Secondary Education Certification (5-year MAT)
• Communication: Advertising, Communication Studies, Journalism, Public Relations, Sports Communication
• Computer Science: Game Design and Programming, Software Development
• Conservation Studies
• Criminal Justice
• Data Science and Analytics
• Digital Media: Animation, Digital Arts, Graphic Design, Web Design
• English: Literature, New York State Secondary Education Certification (5-year MAT), Theatre, Theatre—New York State Secondary Education Certification (5-year MAT), Writing, Writing—New York State Secondary Education Certification (5-year MAT)
• Environmental Studies: Assessment, Policy, Science
• Fashion Design
• Fashion Merchandising: Business, Fashion Promotion, Product Development
• Fine Arts: Art History, Studio Art
• French: New York State Secondary Education Certification (5-year MAT)
• Games and Emerging Media: Design, Tech
• History: New York State Secondary Education Certification (5-year MAT)
• Information Technology and Systems: Systems, Technology
• Interior Design
• Mathematics: New York State Secondary Education Certification (5-year MAT)
• Media Studies: Film and Television, Interactive Media and Game Design
• Medical Technology
• Philosophy: Religious Studies
• Political Science
• Psychology: Dual Certification in Childhood Education and Childhood Education, Special Education—Grades 1–6
• Social Work
• Spanish: New York State Secondary Education Certification (5-year MAT)
• Studio Art
• Undecided: Communication and the Arts, School of Computer Science and Math, School of Liberal Arts, School of Management, School of Science, School of Social and Behavioral Sciences
The College offers more than 35 majors and 50 minors in Communications and the Arts, Computer Science and Mathematics, the Liberal Arts, Management, Science, and Social and Behavioral Sciences. Some students design their own interdepartmental or college major built around their academic interests and goals. Marist students benefit from a culture that inspires them to explore a wealth of academic programs and opportunities. A global mindset is pervasive, with every student participating in a transformative educational experience.
From internships in Manhattan to Fulbright placements around the world, the breadth of academic programs, fieldwork, community service, and networking opportunities allows students to develop lifelong interests and connections. Students from 49 states and 64 countries attend Marist, and after they graduate, they live and work all over the world.
Going beyond the classroom
As well as being one of the nation’s top producers of Fulbright Scholars two years running, Marist College is one of the nation’s best institutions in offering its undergraduates both outstanding academics and top experiential learning opportunities, according to The Princeton Review. Marist is one of the schools—along with the likes of Stanford, Princeton, and MIT—featured in the leading education services company’s new book, Colleges That Create Futures: 50 Schools That Launch Careers by Going Beyond the Classroom.
We know transfer students want more depth and substance to their visit experience. Our visit programs are designed to give you maximum exposure to Marist students who have “been there and done that.” The Marist Transfer Student Advisory Board—Marist students who transferred here from two-year and four-year schools across the country—has literally gone through the process you’re thinking about, and they want to help you better understand life at Marist. Meet them by signing up for one of our visit programs on the transfer page of our website (marist.edu/transfer).
Life after Marist
Marist alumni pursue career paths as diverse as their passions. Our students and alumni are regularly named recipients of national awards, including Fulbright, Goldwater, and National Science Foundation, among others. Whether it be in business, education, film, law, medicine, research, or politics, our graduates are leaders in their fields—and appreciative of their Marist experience.
Financing your Marist education
Providing financial assistance is a top priority at Marist. The College awards more than $40 million in financial aid annually and is committed to making a Marist education available to all qualified students by helping families meet their educational expenses. Marist offers scholarship and aid opportunities for transfer students of all income levels.