At A Glance
• Type of School: Four-year public university
• Number of Students (Storrs main campus): 19,133 undergraduates
• Number of Faculty: 1,591
• Student-Faculty Ratio: 16:1
• Average Class Size: 30 students
• Colleges, Programs, and Degrees: Eight undergraduate degrees, 116 majors, 17 graduate degrees, 88 research and professional practice fields of study, and six professional degree programs (DMD, JD, LLM, MD, PharmD, and SJD)
• Geographic Diversity: 75% in state, 25% out of state (main campus)
• Financial Aid: UConn offers a strong financial aid program, assisting approximately 50% of undergraduates with grants or scholarships and over 75% of all students with financial aid from institutional, state, federal, and/or private sources.
• Transfer Application Filing Dates: Fall semester filing deadlines for transfer applicants vary based on program. Visit admissions.uconn.edu for a complete listing of deadlines and admission criteria.
• Application Fee: $80
Top 25among THE NATION’S PUBLIC UNIVERSITIES, according to U.S. News & World Report
3,726 Transfer students across all campuses
2.6 years Average time to degree for transfer students