Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey—New Brunswick
New Brunswick, NJ
New Brunswick, NJ
New Brunswick, NJ
Rutgers for transfer students
Transferring is a big decision. Rutgers University–New Brunswick enrolls over 2,800 transfer students each year, so you can rest assured you won’t experience the college transfer process alone. As the leading public research university in New Jersey, Rutgers gives students unmatched resources and opportunities. Among those are a variety of support programs and experiences especially for transfer students—to ease the transition and make the adjustment to a new university fun and memorable. Here are some of the ways Rutgers–New Brunswick ensures transfer student success.
Transfer mentorship program
New transfer students team up with a transfer mentor who’s “been there, done that” to help adjust to life at Rutgers. Any transfer student has the opportunity to become a mentor for a future incoming student.
Students in Transition Seminar
This mandatory one-credit course introduces transfer students to the skills necessary to be successful inside and outside the classroom.This transition seminar is available to School of Arts and Sciences students only.
Tau Sigma Honor Society (Gamma Xi chapter)
This is a national honor society for transfers that recognizes high academic achievement and promotes involvement at Rutgers. The Tau Sigma Honor Society is also only available to School of Arts and Sciences students.
Transfer-specific orientation programs
Rutgers recognizes the need for transfer students to feel prepared, confident, and excited about joining a new college community, so they are welcomed into the Scarlet Knight family with intentional programming.
Rutgers offers incoming transfer students a multitude of learning community offerings. Students in learning communities enjoy the benefits of sharing residential and academic experiences while making new friends, exploring common interests, and being part of a close community of peers.
NJ community college transfer student
There’s a smooth road to Rutgers for transfer students from New Jersey’s community colleges when you use NJTransfer as your guide. The New Jersey State-Wide Transfer Agreement provides additional information about transferring from a New Jersey community college.
Top 20 Public National University | U.S. News & World Report
Top 1% of Universities Worldwide
• Founded in 1766
• One of the nine original colonial colleges
• Eighth-oldest institution of higher learning in North America
• Birthplace of intercollegiate football
• 19,000+ degrees granted, 2021-2022
• 674,900+ degrees granted, since founding
• 29 schools and colleges
• 150+ undergraduate majors
• 400+ graduate programs
• 25,000+ classes taught each year
• 26 libraries
Careers for Rutgers Graduates
• Extensive career services operation for Rutgers students and alumni
• Top employers include Amazon, Bloomberg, Deloitte, Goldman Sachs, Google, JPMorgan Chase & Co., Lockheed Martin, L’Oreal, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, and RWJBarnabas Health.
• Average starting salary of $57,500
• Big Ten Conference
• 24 NCAA Division I sports
- Men’s sports: Baseball, basketball, cross-country, football, golf, lacrosse, soccer, track & field (indoor and outdoor), wrestling
- Women’s sports: Basketball, cross-country, field hockey, golf, gymnastics, lacrosse, rowing, soccer, softball, swimming & diving, tennis, track & field (indoor and outdoor), volleyball
• More than 100 club sports and intramural teams
• Audition-based cheerleading and dance team clubs
• Students with high school marching band experience may sign up for the Marching Scarlet Knights.
• 45 minutes from New York City
• 1.5 hours from Philadelphia
• 3 hours from Baltimore
• 4 hours from Washington, DC
• 5 hours from Boston
• 43,859 students at Rutgers University–New Brunswick
• 11,008 students at Rutgers University–Newark
• 5,966 students at Rutgers University–Camden
• 6,787 students at Rutgers Biomedical and Health Sciences (RBHS)
• Students from all 50 states and 125+ countries
• 800+ student organizations
• 130+ study abroad programs in 50+ countries
• 100+ fraternities and sororities
• Air Force, Army, and Navy ROTC
Visit our campus
Take a virtual tour