A top-tier national liberal arts college,
Hendrix College is featured in Colleges That Change Lives: 40 Schools That Will Change the Way You Think About Colleges, as well as ranked as one of the “Most Innovative Colleges” in the nation by U.S. News & World Report.
The Hendrix Odyssey Program
A lot of colleges offer hands-on learning—but no college does it better than Hendrix. The Odyssey Program isn’t an elective; it’s part of every Hendrix student’s academic experience. Since 2005, Hendrix students have completed nearly 20,000 Odyssey projects. No other liberal arts college supports hands-on learning like Hendrix, with more than $4 million in grants awarded for students to follow their interests and passions outside the classroom.
10 totally random (but alphabetically listed) Odyssey project examples:
1. Acting in a professional summer theater production
2. Attending Comic-Con to see fan culture firsthand
3. Conducting research at a national lab
4. Discovering art, culture, and tradition in Italy or Turkey
5. Exploring the Civil Rights Movement in the South
6. Interning with a US Embassy
7. Learning a new language in Spain or Germany
8. Serving the homeless in Appalachia and California
9. Studying immigration in Hungary
10. Studying international aid, development, and human rights in Africa and Asia
But we didn’t stop with the Odyssey Program: introducing Career Term, an annual professional development mini-conference centered on making students career-ready. During Career Term, you’ll participate in experience-based workshops designed to give you a head start on your career goals and put professional skills into practice.
The best way to know if the Hendrix community is a good fit for you is to experience it firsthand. Connect with us online or in person; get started by visiting hendrix.edu/visit.