The Dean Difference
There is little else like it: a small, caring college that offers four- and two-year degrees on a charming New England campus, guided by an unusually passionate and supportive faculty—proof that success isn’t necessarily determined by selectivity or rankings.
For over 150 years, students have been coming to Dean College for a more personal, more fostering kind of education. Alumni all over the country repeatedly point to their Dean experience as the turning point in their lives. They received the encouragement, opportunities, and shots at leadership that are often out of reach at other colleges.
Today, our academic programs all start with a strong foundation in the liberal arts. Dean offers 28 baccalaureate academic programs from Sports Broadcasting and Biology to Dance and Psychology. Students may also choose to pursue an associate degree in any of 19 different areas, including Criminal Justice, Early Childhood Education, Health Sciences, and Pre-nursing.
Add in extensive internship and study abroad offerings, unmatched learning support services, and opportunities to double-major or pick up a minor, and the difference is clear.
This flexible approach allows our students to achieve their goals or find their paths. The results speak for themselves: 96% of baccalaureate degree recipients are employed or enrolled in graduate school within 12 months of graduation, and an astonishing 98% of our associate degree graduates are accepted to four-year schools (including some of the most selective in the country). That’s a tremendous return on investment.
In short, Dean offers you everything: a safe residential campus just outside of Boston, 16 NCAA Division III athletic teams, vibrant clubs and activities, state-of-the-art facilities, a full menu of financial assistance (including need-based and merit scholarships and grants), and a dedicated faculty and staff— all this within an atmosphere that is a little more patient and a lot more nurturing.
When you’re ready to tackle life successfully, we’ll prepare you for what’s next.
That’s “The Dean Difference.”
• Four academic schools
- School of the Arts
- School of Business
- School of Dance
- School of Liberal Arts
• Bachelor’s and associate degrees
• Internships for all bachelor’s degree students
• Just outside Boston in a safe suburban town
• Study abroad or spend a semester in Washington, DC
• Unmatched academic support
• 93% of Bachelor’s graduates are Employed or in Graduate School within 12 Months.
• 1,200 students from 36 states and 13 countries
• 95% of accepted students receiving merit scholarships
• 18: average class size
• 87% of students live on campus. Housing is guaranteed for four years.
• 500+ social, educational, recreational, and athletic events every year
• 100% of our bachelor’s degree students participate in at least one internship before graduation.