At Merrimack, it’s all about you.
• Location: North Andover, Massachusetts; with downtown Andover’s boutiques and bookstores within walking distance and Boston’s culture and career opportunities just 25 miles away, Merrimack’s beautiful New England campus offers the best of both worlds.
• Type: Merrimack is a private Catholic college with an Augustinian heritage.
• Number of Students: 3,500 undergraduate and 700 graduate students from 34 states and 32 countries
• Number of Faculty: 211 full-time faculty
• Schools and Academic Programs: Merrimack’s Schools (Girard School of Business, School of Education and Social Policy, School of Health Sciences, School of Liberal Arts, School of Science and Engineering) offer more than 100 in-demand academic programs.
• Career Results: Merrimack’s Class of 2017 had a 96% career outcomes rate.
• Financial Aid: 99% of incoming students received a grant and/or scholarship, with $70 million expected to be awarded in 2018–2019.
• Test Score Requirements: Merrimack is a test-optional school.
• Application Deadlines: Early Action 1 and Early Decision: November 15; Early Action 2: January 15; Regular Decision: February 15 (no fee to apply)
Majors and Concentrations
• Art and Art History
• Athletic Training
- Ecology and Environmental Biology
- Integrative Biology
- Molecular and Cellular Biology and Biotechnology
• Business Administration
- Corporate Finance and Investments
- Financial Planning
- Global Management
- Human Resources Management
- Sport Management
• Civil Engineering
• Communication and Media
• Computer Engineering
• Computer Science
- Computational Mathematics
- Cryptography and Security
- Information Technology Management
- Mobile and Web Development
- Software Engineering
• Criminology and Criminal Justice
- Creative Writing
- Film Studies
- Early Childhood Education PreK–2
- Elementary Education 1–6
- High School Education 8–12
- Middle School Education 5–8
- Moderate Disabilities PreK–8
• Electrical Engineering
- Power Engineering
• Environmental Sciences
• Environmental Studies and Sustainability
- Environmental Business and Policy
- Environmental Science
- Social Sustainability
• Exercise Science
• Graphic Design
• Health Science
• Human Development and Human Services
• International Studies
• Italian Studies
• Mechanical Engineering
• Nutritional Sciences
- Ethics and Political Philosophy
- General Philosophy
• Political Science
• Public Health
• Rehabilitation Science
• Religious and
- Religious Studies
- Theological Studies
• Romance Languages
• Social Justice
- Global Justice and Human Rights
- Green Cultural Studies
- Religion and Social Justice
- Social Change
• STEM Education
• Theatre Arts
• Women’s and Gender Studies
You’re the reason for everything we do
From the academics and residence halls to athletics and spirit-rousing traditions—it’s all about you. At Merrimack, we’re devoted to going the extra mile to help students (like you) find your footing and achieve personal, academic, and career success. Inspired by our Augustinian Catholic heritage, you’ll be empowered to make a difference in your community and out in the world.
Your Merrimack experience is 100% personalized, but you’ll never go at it alone. You’ll be mentored by our distinguished faculty members who are experts in their fields and devoted to your success. They take a deep interest in your studies and will help you bring learning to life.
Truth be told, an education is only as good as where it can take you. That’s why our in-demand academic programs are strategically designed to help you build the skills and knowledge that today’s employers want.
Let’s face it: anyone can achieve success once. Sustaining it takes hard work and the right mix of people and resources. At Merrimack, we think we’ve got the secret sauce. From your first day at Merrimack until graduation, our wraparound academic and career support services will set you up for achievable, repeatable, measurable success.
The cost to attend Merrimack may surprise you (in a good way). Not only do you get all the academic programs you’d expect from a large school, you also benefit from small classes, added amenities, and support services that only a smaller, private college can offer—all at a price that comes close to that of a state university.
A community that feels like home
Our caring, tight-knit campus community will help make your college years some of the best of your life. And with 60+ student and service organizations and 40+ sports, you’ll find endless ways to get involved and find your place.
Values that last a lifetime
Founded by the Order of St. Augustine in 1947, Merrimack continues to uphold the Augustinian Catholic values of social justice, scholarship, and service. Merrimack is committed to providing students with opportunities to develop intellectually, spiritually, socially, and ethically.
Mack Gives Back is an annual service tradition that commemorates both our Augustinian heritage and Veterans Day by giving the Merrimack community the opportunity to honor those who serve by serving others. Hundreds of students, faculty, staff, and alumni volunteers cover locations throughout the Merrimack Valley and Boston, working tirelessly to perform hours of much-needed community service.