At Merrimack, it’s all about you.
• Location: North Andover, Massachusetts; with downtown Andover’s boutiques and bookstores within walking distance and Boston’s culture and career opportunities just 25 miles away, Merrimack’s beautiful New England campus offers the best of both worlds.
• Type: Merrimack is a private Catholic college with an Augustinian heritage.
• Number of Students: 3,500 undergraduate and 700 graduate students from 34 states and 32 countries
• Number of Faculty: 211 full-time faculty
• Schools and Academic Programs: Merrimack’s Schools (Girard School of Business, School of Education and Social Policy, School of Health Sciences, School of Liberal Arts, and School of Science and Engineering) offer more than 100 in-demand academic programs.
• Career Results: Merrimack’s Class of 2017 had a 96% career outcomes rate.
• Financial Aid: 99% of incoming students received a grant and/or scholarship, with $70 million expected to be awarded in 2018–2019.
• Test Score Requirements: Merrimack is a test-optional school.
• Application Deadlines: Early Action 1 and Early Decision: November 15; Early Action 2: January 15; Regular Decision: February 15; no fee to apply
College of Co-ops, Internships, and Careers
When it comes to applying for jobs after graduation, having hands-on experience on your résumé makes all the difference. To build on the world-class education you’ll gain in the classroom, Merrimack offers incredible hands-on learning experiences that give you an edge in your future career field. Reflecting the importance of experiential learning, 74% of Merrimack’s Class of 2017 participated in at least one internship, co-op, research project, clinical rotation, field experience, or practicum.
Your hub for all things job-related, the O’Brien Center for Career Development provides a full suite of career resources—from on-campus recruiting fairs and interview practice sessions to job listings and networking events—to ensure you secure the position you want.
Majors and Concentrations
• Art and Art History
• Athletic Training
-Ecology and Environmental Biology
-Molecular and Cellular Biology and Biotechnology
• Business Administration
- Corporate Finance and Investments
- Financial Planning
- Global Management
- Human Resources Management
- Sport Management
• Civil Engineering
• Communication and Media
• Computer Engineering
• Computer Science
- Computational Mathematics
- Cryptography and Security
- Information Technology Management
- Mobile and Web Development
- Software Engineering
• Criminology and Criminal Justice
-Early Childhood Education PreK–2
-Elementary Education 1–6
-High School Education 8–12
-Middle School Education 5–8
-Moderate Disabilities PreK–8
• Electrical Engineering
- Power Engineering
• Environmental Sciences
• Environmental Studies and Sustainability
-Environmental Business and Policy
• Exercise Science
• Graphic Design
• Health Science
• Human Development and Human Services
• International Studies
• Italian Studies
• Mechanical Engineering
• Nutritional Sciences
-Ethics and Political Philosophy
• Political Science
• Public Health
• Rehabilitation Science
• Religious and Theological Studies
• Romance Languages
• Social Justice
-Global Justice and Human Rights
-Green Cultural Studies
-Religion and Social Justice
• STEM Education
• Theatre Arts
• Women’s and Gender Studies
You’re the reason for everything we do
From the academics and residence halls to athletics and spirit-rousing traditions—it’s all about you. At Merrimack, we’re devoted to going the extra mile to help students (like you) find your footing and achieve personal, academic, and career success. Inspired by our Augustinian Catholic heritage, you’ll be empowered to make a difference in your community and out in the world.
Your Merrimack experience is 100% personalized, but you’ll never go at it alone. You’ll be mentored by our distinguished faculty members who are experts in their fields and devoted to your success. They take a deep interest in your studies and will help you bring learning to life.
Truth be told, an education is only as good as where it can take you. That’s why our in-demand academic programs are strategically designed to help you build the skills and knowledge that today’s employers want.
Let’s face it: anyone can achieve success once. Sustaining it takes hard work and the right mix of people and resources. At Merrimack, we think we’ve got the secret sauce. From your first day at Merrimack until graduation, our wraparound academic and career support services will set you up for achievable, repeatable, measurable success.
The cost to attend Merrimack may surprise you (in a good way). Not only do you get all the academic programs you’d expect from a large school, you also benefit from small classes, added amenities, and support services that only a smaller private college can offer—all at a price that comes close to that of a state university.
A community that feels like home
Our caring, tight-knit campus community will help make your college years some of the best of your life. And with 60+ student and service organizations and 40+ sports, you’ll find endless ways to get involved and find your place.