AT A GLANCE
• Type: Merrimack is a private Catholic college with Augustinian heritage.
• Location: North Andover, Massachusetts; with downtown Andover’s boutiques and bookstores within walking distance and Boston’s culture and career opportunities just 25 miles away, Merrimack’s beautiful New England campus offers the best
of both worlds.
• Number of Students: 3,800 undergraduate and 850 graduate students from 31 states and 35 countries
• Number of Faculty: 216 full-time faculty members
• Schools and Academic Programs: Merrimack’s Schools (Girard School of Business, School of Education and Social Policy, School of Health Sciences, School of Liberal Arts, and School of Science and Engineering) offer more than 100 in-demand academic programs.
• Career Results: Merrimack’s Class of 2018 had a 96% career outcomes rate.
• Financial Aid: 99% of incoming students received a grant and/or scholarship, with $80 million in aid expected to be awarded for the 2019–2020 academic year.
• Test Score Requirements: Merrimack is a test-optional school.
• Application Deadlines: Early Action I and Early Decision: November 15; Early Action II: January 15; Regular Decision: February 15; no fee to apply
Majors and Concentrations
• Art and Art History
• Athletic Training
- Ecology, Evolution, and Behavior
- Integrative Biology
- Molecular and Cellular Biology and Biotechnology
• Business Administration
- Corporate Finance and Investments
- Financial Planning
- Global Management
- Human Resource Management
- Sport Management
• Civil Engineering
• Communication and Media
• Computer Engineering
• Computer Science
- Computational Mathematics
- Cryptography and Security
- Data Science
- Mobile and Web Development
- Software Engineering
• Criminology and Criminal Justice
• Data Science
• Electrical Engineering
- Creative Writing
• Environmental Sciences and Sustainability
- Environmental Analysis
- Environmental and Natural Systems
- Environmental Business and Policy
- Environmental Operations
- Science and Society
- Social Sustainability
• Exercise Science
• Graphic Design
• Health Science
• Human Development and Human Services
• International Studies
• Mechanical Engineering
• Nutritional Sciences
• Political Science
• Public Health
• Rehabilitation Sciences
• Religious and Theological Studies
• Self-Designed Major
• Social Justice
- Global Justice and Human Rights
- Green Cultural Studies
- Social Change
- Social Justice and Religion
• STEM Education
• Teacher Education
- Early Childhood Education (PreK-2)
- Elementary Education (1-6)
- Middle School (5-8) and High School (8-12)
- Moderate Disabilities (PreK-8)
• Theatre Arts
• Undeclared Engineering
• Undeclared Health Science
• Undeclared Liberal Arts
• Undeclared Science
• Women’s and Gender Studies
• World Languages and Cultural Studies
- Italian Studies
- Romance Languages
In-demand academic programs that prepare you for the career you want
Five specialized schools; 100+ high-impact majors and minors; 25 once-in-a-lifetime study abroad locations. At Merrimack, you’ll “live it while you learn it,” gaining hands-on experience and jump-starting your career from day one.
Top-tier faculty who are devoted to your success
Imagine being taught and mentored by our distinguished faculty members, experts who hail from top institutions across the country. Thanks to our small class sizes, you’ll get to know your professors, and they’ll take an interest in your studies and help bring learning to life.
A zillion ways to get involved and find your place
Merrimack has 60+ student organizations; 40 Division I, intramural, and club sports; and countless volunteer opportunities—and that’s just for starters. As a Warrior, you’ll find your place in our “I love it here” community, both inside and outside the classroom.
A campus that feels like home (and looks good too)
Our camaraderie-fueled campus and living-learning communities will help make your college years some of your best. Inspired by our Augustinian Catholic legacy, you’ll be empowered to make a difference in your own backyard and out in the world.
Way more affordable than you may think
College is an investment, and we think it should be one you can afford. Merrimack provides you with a personal financial aid counselor and funds millions of dollars in institutional scholarships and grants.
College of Co-ops, Internships, and Careers
When it comes to applying for jobs after graduation, having hands-on experience on your résumé makes all the difference. To build on the world-class education you’ll gain in the classroom, Merrimack offers incredible hands-on learning experiences that give you an edge in your future career. Reflecting the importance of experiential learning, 86% of Merrimack’s Class of 2018 participated in at least one internship, co-op, research project, clinical rotation, field experience, or practicum.
Your hub for all things job-related, the O’Brien Center for Career Development provides a full suite of career resources—from on-campus recruiting fairs and interview practice sessions to job listings and networking events—to ensure you secure the position you want.