Eastern Kentucky University
Where students and learning come first
Located in Richmond, Eastern Kentucky University is a regional public institution of higher education that offers more than 100 diverse and in-demand degrees and concentrations. EKU provides a high-quality and affordable education to nearly 15,000 undergraduate and graduate students. Whether they attend EKU's beautiful main campus, a regional campus, or online, students benefit from a tradition of student success and receive one-on-one support from faculty and staff.
Bring your ambition. Your books are on us.
Now fewer expenses stand between you and your college degree with EKU BookSmart Program, and it is as easy as 1-2-3! For Fall 2022, textbooks are free for all undergraduate students with EKU BookSmart!
It’s easy to take advantage of this new program:
1. Register for classes.
2. Your Big E Box filled with the required books and course materials will arrive from the EKU Bookstore at no cost to you.
3. Study hard, then return your books at the end of the semester using the provided pre-paid return label.
More questions? Check out our BookSmart FAQ.
Our interactive virtual tour allows you to explore our beautiful campus. Check it out here.
Ranked in the top tier of Southern regional universities for 10 consecutive years | U.S. News & World Report
Named one of “America’s Top Colleges” for 12 consecutive years | Forbes
Home to a nationally recognized Honors Program
Named a “Best Bang for the Buck” college for helping students attain marketable degrees at affordable prices | Washington Monthly
Conveniently located in Richmond, Kentucky, about 30 minutes southeast of Lexington
• Nearly 13,000 undergraduate students
• 15:1 student-faculty ratio
• More than 100 degree programs housed within six colleges
• Affordable tuition coupled with a quality education
• Modern campus with a new recreation center, science building, and dining and residence halls
• NCAA Division I athletic teams
• 230 student organizations, plus intramural and club sports teams
• Free online admission application
• Test-optional admission
• On-campus and virtual visits
• Virtual and in-person admission counselor appointments
• Various campus and virtual events
• Merit-based scholarship awards range from $3,000 to full tuition for Kentucky residents based on GPA and test scores; scholarships are available for test-optional admission.
• Our Colonel Commitment Scholarship for Pell Grant–eligible Kentucky residents with a minimum 3.0 GPA covers the full cost of tuition and fees.
• Out-of-state students can expect an affordable, competitive tuition rate in addition to merit scholarship options.
• To see a full list of scholarships and eligibility criteria, visit scholarships.eku.edu/types-scholarships.
“EKU professors know what their students are capable of, and they don’t want to see any less. My professors helped me grow and made me better.”
“Eastern feels like a home away from home for me because of the friends I’ve made. I’ve made friends I’ll be close to for the rest of my life.”
“The community is really open. It still feels like the same friendly environment as when I came here for my first campus tour.”