When you think about your future, which is more important: Passion? Purpose? Prosperity? And where does faith fit in?
Thiel College, founded in 1866 as a coeducational institution withits roots in the Lutheran church, has created an environment that allows you to find balance in that equation. Founding donors Louis and Barbara Thiel believed that the Christian faith impels social responsibility and set the guiding principles for an institution that has been a leading college in western Pennsylvania for more than 150 years.
Throughout its history, Thiel has striven to be progressive while honoring the traditions that make it special. That combination is reflected in the College’s second graduating class, which included four women. Thiel gives you the tools to explore your faith while combining your passions and purpose.
• Enjoy a robust student life featuring faith-based groups TC Soldiers for God, Roman Catholic Student Ministry, Fellowship of Christian Athletes, Lutheran Student Movement, and Thiel Christian Fellowship, plus 75 other clubs, organizations, andNCAA varsity sports.
• During the 2017–2018 academic year, the College hosted religious leaders from different faiths as partof its interfaith understanding series, including a visit from Mounib Younan, Bishop Emeritus of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in Jordan and the Holy Land, an internationally recognized expert on Christian, Jewish, and Muslim relations.
• Thiel hosts a weekly chapel series that features student leaders as well as students, faculty, staff, and outside speakers discussing faith.
• Student outcomes include alumni at prestigious postgraduate institutions including Harvard Divinity School, Vanderbilt University, and the University of Chicago.
• Modern facilities include the new track & field complex and the state-of-the-art Haer Family Science and Art Connector with modern lab equipment and collaborative space.
• Generous scholarship and aid packages help 99% of Thiel’s students graduate with less debt than many of their peers.
These are just some of the opportunities to grow in your faith and become a leader in your career, church, and community.
In the classroom
With five new programs and Thiel’s welcoming and supportive community, it’s an exciting time for students at Thiel College.
The College’s new and innovative Environmental Safety Management degree is the only one in Pennsylvania with environmental science at its core. The program opens the door for Thiel graduates to capitalize on growing market opportunities forecasted for Ohio, Pennsylvania, and New York—the US Bureau of Labor Statistics has put that trio among the top five states expected to see the greatest job growth in the field.
Students can also choose from new programs in Equestrian Studies, Exercise Science, Health Systems, and Sports Management or select one of the College’s other 60+ majors and minors. Thiel’s Department of Education and Department of Business Administration and Accounting have been recognized nationally for their job and graduate placement rates, student-based focus, and dedicated faculty.