When you think about your future, which is more important: Passion? Purpose? Prosperity? And where does faith fit in that model?
Where are you from? Where are you going?
Thiel College, founded in 1866 as a coeducational institution with its roots in the Lutheran church, has created an environment that allows you to find balance in that equation. Founding donors Louis and Barbara Thiel believed that Christian faith impels social responsibility and set the guiding principles for an institution that has been a leading liberal arts college in western Pennsylvania for more than 150 years. Throughout its history, Thiel has striven to be progressive while still honoring the traditions that make it special. That combination is reflected in the College’s first class. Three of Thiel’s first five students were women.
Thiel gives you the tools to explore your faith while combining your passions and purpose:
• Robust student life featuring faith-based groups TC Soldiers for God, Roman Catholic Student Ministry, Fellowship of Christian Athletes, Lutheran Student Movement, and Thiel Christian Fellowship, plus 75 other clubs, organizations, and NCAA varsity sports;
• More than 60 majors and minors across 21 academic programs and departments
• Undergraduate research opportunities that provide hands-on learning;
• Innovative faculty and an 11:1 student-faculty ratio
• The Dietrich Honors Institute, which combines a unique and imaginative curriculum to create academic and community leaders
• A wide array of campus activities, organizations, and opportunities to develop civic and community leadership skills
• Modern facilities that include a new track & field complex and a state-of-the-art science addition with modern lab equipment and collaborative space
• Generous scholarship and aid packages help 99% of Thiel’s students graduate in less debt than many of their peers.
• First-year students receive a brand-new laptop, and other student benefits are included in your tuition and room and board to minimize out-of-pocket expenses, including a local shuttle, laundry, field trips, restaurant discounts, and much more.
• Active Career Development Center connects students with a four-year GPS to Success Program and to internships and lifelong career help.
These are just some of the opportunities to grow in your faith and become a leader in your career, church, and community. More than 90% of Thiel’s graduates report being employed or enrolled in graduate school within six months of graduation, including 100% of its 2016 Accounting, Education, and Neuroscience majors. For the latest news about Thiel College, follow our Facebook page at facebook.com/thielcollege.
About Thiel College
Thiel College is a private liberal arts institution founded in the Lutheran tradition. Located in Greenville, Pennsylvania, the College offers 60 majors and minors, 25 varsity sports, and an 11:1 student-faculty ratio to more than 900 students. A dedicated faculty paired with dynamic research and internship opportunities produce numerous graduate school and job placements. Coeducational from its beginnings, the College remains committed to combining tradition with innovation as it honors its past and celebrates its future.