Imagine a place where you can realize your full potential among people invested in the education of women; where you can freely express yourself with the fellowship and support of your peers; where leadership is encouraged and not a competition—and strong women role models are everywhere.
That’s St. Catherine University (also known as St. Kate’s): one of the largest private Catholic women’s colleges in the nation and one of the most culturally diverse campuses in Minnesota. You’ll be able to find and claim an education in which the talents, aspirations, and contributions of women are not only valued but acknowledged as central to the world’s future. Thriving within the campus community are a free-flowing exchange of ideas, perspectives, and life stories as well as fieldwork, internships, study abroad opportunities, and collaborative projects.
Our students frequently partner with faculty on original research that is presented at regional and national conferences and published in peer-reviewed journals. In fact, for the last five years, 100% of students involved in collaborative research have been accepted to present at the National Conference on Undergraduate Research. Student Iceline King traveled to Germany to present her work at the World Conference on Undergraduate Research.
Find your “inner leader”
We offer valuable job connections and career advice through our Career Development Center, Assistantship Mentoring Program, and annual Career Opportunities Fair, the largest among private colleges in Minnesota. St. Kate’s graduates go on to become CEOs, senators, congresswomen, judges, teachers, scientists, doctors, librarians, writers, healers, social workers, and more. Nearly 93% of St. Kate’s students are working full-time or enrolled in graduate school within six months of graduation. Employers say our graduates are strong critical thinkers, persuasive communicators, and initiators in their careers.
Live on a dynamic campus
The Sisters of St. Joseph of Carondelet founded St. Kate’s more than 100 years ago. Our focus on valuing and integrating the liberal arts and professional education within the Catholic intellectual tradition while emphasizing scholarly inquiry and social justice teaching remains strong. Our 110-acre campus is minutes away from the Twin Cities of St. Paul and Minneapolis. We’re a short walk to Highland Park, a vibrant neighborhood with coffee shops, consignment stores, bookstores, and a charming movie theater.
At St. Kate’s, you’ll learn to look at the world from different perspectives and to challenge accepted ways of thinking and behaving.
• Service learning is a big part of our classes and programs. For example, Fashion students design and sew donated fabric into T-shirts and give them away to local charities.
• St. Kate’s has over 40 student groups, 26 national honor society chapters (including Phi Beta Kappa), two student publications, and theater and music groups.
• Antonian Scholars participate in rigorous team-taught seminars and complete a senior honors project that relates to their major or crosses multiple disciplines. Past projects include a play and research on teaching methods for the deaf.
• With a strong orientation program, peer mentors, and resident advisors, it takes no time for new students to feel at home—plus, 72% of our first-year students live on campus.
• Our Women of Substance series has drawn inspiring speakers to The O’Shaughnessy auditorium on campus, including Nobel Laureate Toni Morrison, former Secretary of State Madeleine Albright, and singer and rapper Lizzo.
• Our 12:1 student-faculty ratio ensures that professors know your name and that research collaborations happen.