Powered by PURPOSE
Southwest Baptist University is a caring, Christ-centered academic community preparing students to be servant leaders in a global society.
Private, four-year, comprehensive Christian university established in 1878
Southwest Missouri—Bolivar is a town of approximately 11,000 people, located 25 minutes north of Springfield, 90 minutes north of Branson, two and a half hours south of Kansas City, and three and a half hours southwest of St. Louis.
Spiritual enrichment opportunities
SBU students participate in about 25 national and international mission trips a year. Students also have opportunities to be involved in local ministries, small-group Bible studies, D-Now weekends, and revival teams.
Approximately 3,600 students, with more than 1,300 undergraduate students attending SBU’s main campus in Bolivar
Biology, Business Administration, Christian Ministry, Communication, Computer Science, Education, Health Sciences, Intercultural Studies (Missions), Music, Nursing, Science, Physical Therapy, Social Work
NCAA Division II; varsity sports include baseball, basketball, cross-country, eSports* (co-ed), football, golf, indoor/outdoor track & field, soccer, softball, stunt team* (women), tennis, and volleyball (women).
* Varsity sport but not part of the NCAA n
The Southwest Baptist University Advantage
• One of “America’s Best College Buys” and “America’s Best Christian Colleges”
• Costs 40% below the national average for private four-year institutions
• Study abroad programs and mission trips available to all students
• Average class size of 24 and a student-faculty ratio of 12:1
• Offering more than 80 academic programs through undergraduate and graduate degrees
• Fully accredited by the Higher Learning Commission