Knowledge for Service
• Praise Song: Voice and instrumental ensemble performing a mix of traditional hymns, praise songs, and contemporary Christian music
• Chamber Choir: A team of men and women who present sacred a cappella music and songs with acoustic instruments as a worship ministry
• The New Edition: Traveling repertory theatre troupe specializing in Christian theatre
• GateKeepers: Mentoring program where HLGU students serve as positive role models for children in Hannibal and surrounding communities
• Local Service Projects: Volunteer projects performed by HLGU students for individuals and nonprofit agencies
• Mission Trips: State, regional, national, and international mission trips during fall, Christmas, spring, and summer breaks
NAIA Division I Athletic Programs
• Men’s: Baseball, basketball, cheerleading, cross-country, golf, shotgun sports, soccer, track & field, and wrestling
• Women’s: Basketball, cheerleading, cross-country, golf, shotgun sports, soccer, softball, track & field, and volleyball
PLUS, MORE THAN 35 CAMPUS ORGANIZATIONS!
More than a motto
Knowledge for Service is more than just our motto—it drives everything we do.
We believe in the importance of a well-rounded education, with training that equips you mentally, physically, spiritually, and socially. Knowledge is just half of the equation—service is what brings meaning and purpose to your life. HLGU students are involved in local, regional, national, and international missions.
The professors at Hannibal-LaGrange University know you want to have a sense of purpose in life. At HLGU, we want to help you determine, develop, and live out your purpose. That’s why the personal attention our professors give you is so important. Along with that personal attention are opportunities for service that equip you to make a difference.
Founded in 1858, Hannibal-LaGrange is a Christian university, fully accredited by the Higher Learning Commission. Currently we have students from 24 states and 16 countries. The campus of HLGU provides spacious facilities for its diverse student body, including a state-of-the-art science center (dedicated in 2015) and a newly renovated student center, home to The HLGU Loft. The new café is located on the top floor of the student center and has the best views of campus. The space offers students a place to hang out, enjoy concerts, play games, watch TV, and get a cup of coffee, a smoothie, or a snack.
The spiritual dimension
While HLGU is affiliated with the Missouri Baptist Convention (Southern Baptist), every major denomination is represented on campus.
98% of students receive financial aid
HLGU strives to offer a quality Christian education for as affordable a price as possible—nearly all students qualify for financial aid. For 15 consecutive years, HLGU has been named one of the “Best Christian Colleges.”
More than 37 majors
HLGU offers more than 37 majors on the baccalaureate level, and several pre-professional programs are offered on the associate level. Additional programs include an honors program for gifted and highly motivated students, online classes, an online RN-to-BSN program, and two accelerated and completely online master’s programs that include a Master of Science in Education, Master of Arts in Leadership, and Master of Education in Education Administration.
See for yourself
Tour the campus, meet the professors, and spend some time with HLGU students. Come get to know Hannibal-LaGrange—a university that equips students with Knowledge for Service.