Happy (Almost) New Year, CollegeXpressers!
It’s that time of year when everyone takes a hot second to look back—right before they look forward and start planning their resolutions, diets, and money saving challenges. Well, we here at CollegeXpress are no exception.
We looked back on our most popular articles, blog posts, and college lists over the last year to find the top 20—10 each of lists and articles. Hope you found these posts about theater schools, computer science majors, football stadiums, and so much more helpful!
Thanks for reading, y’all. And we’ll see you in 2017…
10 most popular college lists
- 60 of the Weirdest College Scholarships: Updated and poppin’ fresh this year! With scholarships as strange as these, you may be eligible for more free college funding than you think…
- Excellent Colleges In or Near Los Angeles: So, you want to go to college in (or near) the City of Angels. We can't blame you, Hollywood. These great colleges are close to Los Angeles, California.
- The Experts' Choice: Colleges with Great Pre-med Programs: Where are the world's best pre-med programs? Right here.
- Top Summer Pre-college Programs: If you want to preview your dream school and improve your admission credentials this summer, you should check out these summer programs.
- The 10 Largest College Football Stadiums: Just the biggest college football stadiums. And they are really big.
- Colleges with No Undergraduate Application Fee! And no fee waivers needed. When it comes to submitting your application, these schools are 100% free! Tuition, however, is another story…
- Colleges with Excellent Theater Programs: You want to tread the boards? Start by treading the quad at these schools.
- Percentage of Out-of-State Students at Public Universities: Who knew so many people wanted to know which public schools had the highest percentage of out-of-state students? (Okay, we knew.)
- Excellent Colleges In or Near Washington, DC: Want to go to college in our nation's capital? Of course you do, you future politico, you. Do yourself a favor and check out these schools.
- Pre-Broadway: Colleges with Excellent Musical Theater Programs: There’s theater—and then there’s musical theater, where any character could burst into song at any moment. Sign. Us. Up.
10 most popular articles
- What Can You Do with a Computer Science Major? Do you think it would be cool to design the technologies that make our devices work better? To invent new ones? To help make people’s lives and jobs easier? Then maybe computer science is the right path for you.
- A Day in the Life of a College Student: You've probably already wondered what college will be like. Well, hopefully a glimpse at a day in the life of a college student will help sort some things out!
- How to Fill Out the FAFSA, Step by Step: This free application can lead you to a wealth of financial aid for college. Filling out the FAFSA is now easier than ever. And this is how you do it.
- Science Majors and Potential Jobs: Short of being a stunt car driver, the most exciting real-life careers may just lie in the sciences. Not to mention they’re among the most stable and lucrative available. So take a look and see what kinds of careers these common science majors lead to.
- How to Write a Great College Application Essay: You already know how to write an academic essay… Now forget all that, because a successful college application essay is totally different.
- How to Write a Transfer Essay That Works: The transfer essay is your chance to introduce yourself to your dream school. But one simple question can be your main guideline: why are you applying to this particular school?
- Environmental Science Majors and Potential Jobs: If you have a love for the outdoors and a desire to protect it, check out these majors in environmental sciences and the careers they lead to and find the right one for you.
- Business/Management Majors and Potential Jobs: The career options with a business/management major are varied—and almost limitless. Here’s a look at common business and management majors and some of the careers they lead to.
- Social Sciences and Humanities Majors and Potential Jobs: Why do people act, dress, and live like they do? That’s what these majors and careers are all about.
- What to Do When You Can't Make Your College Tuition Payment: At some point, like so many families, you and your parents may find yourselves trying to figure out how to make tuition ends meet. This is what you should do.