Seton Hall University
South Orange, NJ
South Orange, NJ
What Great Minds Can Do
As one of the nation’s leading Catholic universities, Seton Hall University provides over 90 rigorous academic programs that are highly ranked, like our Business Leadership program that’s ranked #1 in the nation. Seton Hall offers all the advantages of a large research university—national reputation, challenging academic programs, notable alumni, state-of-the-art facilities, renowned faculty, and extensive opportunities for internships, research, and scholarship—with all the benefits of a small, supportive, and nurturing environment.
With a 14:1 student-faculty ratio and an average class size of 22 students, faculty know more than just your name. At Seton Hall, you can begin working on research projects with faculty as early as your freshman year, and many students even attend conferences with faculty. At Seton Hall, you’ll benefit from the close mentorship of faculty and a community dedicated to challenging and supporting you.
At Seton Hall, you learn from doing. That’s why in addition to countless opportunities for research and scholarship, students can write for one of our three newspapers, work for the #1 ranked college radio station in the nation, conduct research for our Market Research Center, create public relations plans for local businesses, develop lesson plans for student teaching, or work in the sports polling center conducting polls commissioned by ESPN.
Seton Hall is a Catholic university with a more than 160-year tradition of excellence. The University values integrity, compassion, and a commitment to helping others. A diverse and welcoming community, Seton Hall embraces students of all faiths and inspires students to become servant leaders who make a difference in the world.
Nestled in the suburban village of South Orange, New Jersey, Seton Hall provides the safe, quaint charm of a small town with the hustle and bustle of New York City life only 30 minutes away. Just hop on the train in the center of town and the worlds of entertainment, art, publishing, finance, and fashion; the United Nations; and thousands of major corporations are at your doorstep. This translates to a career edge and unprecedented job opportunities. Ranked #4 in the nation for providing internships, Seton Hall offers more than 17,000 internship opportunities, and more than 81% of students have an internship or two on their résumé before graduation. Seton Hall students have an employment rate of 93%, and mid-career earnings are 50% higher than the national average. Seton Hall offers a comprehensive Career Center, and your career counselor begins working with you freshman year.
Ranked #127 among the "Best National Universities" | U.S. News & World Report, 2022
Named a 2021–2022 College of Distinction for "providing personalized education catered to students' interests"
Ranked #29 among the "Best Catholic Colleges in America" | Niche, 2022
Ranked among "America's Top Colleges" | Forbes, 2021
Ranked among the "Top 5 Universities for Undergraduate Internships" | International Business Times
• 90+ majors and programs
• 21 students per class on average
• 13:1 student-faculty ratio
• 17,000+ internship opportunities
• 81% of students with internships
• 93% employment rate
• 6,102 undergraduate students
• 82% of freshmen living on campus
• 45% diversity rate
• 50 states and 70 countries represented
• 52% female, 48% male
• 4,117 graduate students
• 93% of med school admission rate
• 4 NCAA Division I athletic teams in Big East Conference
• 25+ intramural and club sports
• 150 student organizations
• 27 Greek societies
• $137,146, average financial aid package
• 98% of students receiving financial aid
MAJORS & PROGRAMS
• Accounting (five-year BS/MS dual degree)∞
• Africana Studies#
• American Humanics√
• Ancient Greek?
• Applied Scientific Mathematics?
• Art (Art History#,Fine Arts)#
• Art (BA/MA in MuseumProfessions)§
• Artificial Intelligence (3+2 BS/MS with Stevens)
• Asian Studies#
• Athletic Training (five-year BA/MS or BS/MS dual degree)∞
• Biology (BA or BS)
• Broadcasting & Visual Media#
• Business Administration#‡
• Catholic Studies#‡
• Catholic Theology#
• Classical Culture?
• Classical Languages?
• Classical Studies#
• Communication Studies (BA/MA in Communication or Public Relations)§
• Computer Graphics√
• Computer Science#
• Creative Writing
• Criminal Justice#
• Data Visualization & Analysis√
• Digital Media & Video√
• Digital Media Production for the Web√
• Diplomacy & International Relations#
• Early Childhood Education (integrated with Elementary & Special Education)
• Economics (BA or BS)
• Education with Speech-Language Pathology (six-year BSE/MS dual degree)∞
• Elementary Education (integrated with Early Childhood & Special Education)
• Engineering (3+2 BS/MS dual degree with Stevens)
• Entrepreneurial Studies√
• Environmental Sciences?
• Environmental Studies#
• Ethics & Applied Ethics?
• Film Production/Film Editing
• Financial Mathematics
• Graphic Design & Advertising Interactive Media/Game Design/Animation
• Information Technologies√
• Information Technology Management‡
• International Business?
• International Relations
• Italian Studies?
• Latin America & Latino/Latina Studies#
• Law (3+3, BS in International Relations, BS in Business, BA in Political Science, BA in Religion, or BA in Social Work/JD)∞
• Legal Studies in Business?
• Liberal Studies
• MBA (five-year BA/MBA or BS/MBA dual degree)∞
• Media Studies/Film Studies
• Medicine (Joint Bachelor’s/MD Program)
• Modern Languages
• Music (Comprehensive, History, and Performance#)
• Music History?
• Music Technology?
• Musical Theatre?
• Nonprofit Studies?
• Occupational Therapy (six-year BA/MS dual degree)∞
• Online Course Development & Management√
• Philosophical Theology√
• Physical Therapy (seven-year BS/DPT dual degree)∞
• Physician Assistant (six-year BS/MS dual degree)∞
• Physics (BA or BS)#
• Political Science#
• Psychology (BA or BS)
• Public Relations#
• Russian & East European Studies??
• Secondary Education (optional integration with Special Education
• Social & Behavioral Sciences
• Social Work#
• Sound Production & Engineering (Visual & Sound Media)
• Special Education (integrated with Early Childhood, Elementary, and Secondary Education)
• Speech-Language Pathology (4+3 with Psychology or Education)
• Sport Management#
• Supply Chain Management√
• Television Production/Sports Broadcasting
• Web Design√
• Women & Gender Studies?
#Minor also available
√Certificate program only
‡Certificate program also available
§ Dual-degree program with New Jersey Institute of Technology
∞ Seton Hall dual-degree program (please contact the Office of Admissions for details)
*Pre-professional program; must also select a major
“Freshman year, I conducted research with a faculty member, and we used expensive, high-tech equipment most students don’t even have access to until graduate school. This and a recommendation from my professor helped me get my internship freshman year at Merck.”
“Going to El Salvador on a mission trip was the culmination of my Seton Hall experience. It allowed me to bring together everything I learned about servant leadership, giving back, and loving my community. It was an opportunity I will never forget.”
“Graduating with a job offer from MTV is a dream come true. I owe it all to the support of Seton Hall’s Career Center and my four internship experiences.”
“It was so amazing to sign a full-time job offer by the end of my junior year. It was my dream to join a Big Four accounting firm, and I achieved it thanks to the opportunities and experiences I was exposed to at Seton Hall.”
“Something unique about Seton Hall is my one-on-one relationships with faculty. I don’t think I could get that anywhere else—because of the small and discussion-based classes. My professors really want to hear what I have to say. This has helped me so much.”