• First-year students living on campus: 63%
• Male-to-female ratio: 49:51
• Students enrolled from 47 countries
• Student-faculty ratio: 15:1
• Full-time faculty with highest degree in their field: 93%
• Courses taught by teaching assistants: 0
• First-year students receiving financial aid: 99% (not applicable to transfers)
• Rolling admission for transfer students only
• 2018–2019 tuition and fees: $38,812
• 2018–2019 room and board: $15,278
• Residence halls or apartment options: 7
• Phone number: 800-231-IONA
• Accounting *#
• Arts Leadershipn
- Pre-physical Therapy/Pre-physician’s Assistant
• Business (for non-Business majors)#
• Business Administration*
• Computer Science*#
- Cyber Security
- Game Development
• Criminal Justice*#
- Security Threat Assessment and Terrorism*
• Drug and Alcohol Abuse Studies*
- Childhood/Early Childhood
• Environmental Science*
• Environmental Studies*
• Film Studies#
• Fine and Performing Arts#
• General Business*
• Information Systems*#
• Interdisciplinary Science*
• International Business*#
• International Studies*#
• Mass Communication*#
- Broadcast Media
- Public Relations
• Peace and Justice Studies#
• Political Science*#
• Public Policy *#
• Religious Studies*#
• Social Work*
• Speech Communication Studies*#
• Speech/Language Pathology and Audiology*
• Sports, Entertainment, and Media Business#
• Web Programming#
• Women’s Studies#
Iona students can accelerate their education and career with a dual-degree program-—earning both a bachelor’s and master’s in five years. The fast-track option is offered in:
• Business (BBA/MBA)
• Chemistry (BS/MST in Adolescent Education)
• Computer Science (BA/MS)
• Criminal Justice (BA/MS)
• Economics (with Computer Science) (BA/MS)
• Mass Communication (with Public Relations) (BA/MA)
• Mathematics (with Computer Science) (BS/MS)
• Psychology (BA/MA)
Iona offers joint-degree programs in Medicine, Dentistry, Pharmacy, and Law with the following schools:
• Lake Erie College ofOsteopathic Medicine
- BA or BS (Iona)/DO (Medicine—LECOM)
- BA or BS (Iona)/DDS (Dentistry—LECOM)
- BA or BS (Iona)/PharmD (Pharmacy—LECOM)
• Seton Hall Law School
- BA or BS (Iona)/JD (Seton Hall Law)
College & Program Accreditations
• AACSB International (Business)
• ABET Computing Accreditation Commission (Computer Science)
• ACEJMC (Journalism/Mass Communication)
• ACS (Chemistry)
• COAMFTE (AAMFT, Marriage and Family Therapy)
• CRLA (Academic Resources)
• CSWE (Social Work)
• Middle States Association
• NASP (Psychology)
• NCATE/CAEP (Education)
If you’re looking for a welcoming community with challenging academics and a commitment to serving others, Iona could be the right fit for you. Located on 45 scenic acres in New Rochelle, New York, just 20 miles north of Midtown Manhattan, Iona provides an educational experience that is grounded in the liberal arts and enhanced by a strong focus on career-ready skills. As an Iona student, you will develop the knowledge, problem-solving ability, and real-world connections—mentored by our faculty and alumni—to gain a competitive edge in your career.
Iona prepares its students for success in all facets of their lives. Founded in 1940 by the Christian Brothers, the private, comprehensive, four-year Catholic college enrolls approximately 4,000 undergraduate and graduate students from diverse backgrounds and 47 countries.
Centrally located in Westchester County between the economic centers of New York City and Fairfield County, Connecticut, Iona students have easy access to internship opportunities in all career fields, and nearly 70% of students complete at least one. Many also participate in Mission & Ministry’s local service projects or weeklong trips. Ninety-three percent of Iona graduates are employed or enrolled in graduate school within six months of graduation.
Academics and career pathways
Iona College offers more than 60 combined programs of study in the School of Arts & Science and the School of Business. With a student-faculty ratio of 15:1, all classes are taught by professors.
The Iona Honors Program offers specially designed courses, opportunities to conduct independent research, a professional mentoring program, and 24 tuition-free credits over the course of four years. Iona also offers dual-degree programs where you earn both a bachelor’s degree and master’s degree in five years. Programs are available in Chemistry, Computer Science, Criminal Justice, Economics, Mathematics, and Psychology, as well as a Fast-Track MBA program. Joint-degree programs are offered with Lake Eerie College of Osteopathic Medicine (LECOM) in Medicine, Dentistry, and Pharmacy and with Seton Hall Law for the completion of a JD.
Academic facilities dedicated to specific program studies include the new Hynes Institute for Entrepreneurship & Innovation; a real-time trading floor with Bloomberg terminals and expansion of the School of Business, which broke ground this summer; new state-of-the-art science labs; the Iona College Speech, Language, and Hearing Clinic; and broadcast media studios. Our faculty have served as international policy advisors, school district superintendents, media professionals, and chief executives in many industries, and they share their expertise with Iona students.
Campus life and facilities
Iona’s vibrant, friendly, and safe campus offers much to do, including visual fine arts along with live performances, NCAA Division I athletics (MAAC), and a thriving Greek life. Students get involved through more than 80 active clubs, student organizations, and intramural sports.
Housing includes traditional residence halls, suites, and apartments. Meal plans are available to students living on or off campus.
With the regularly operating Gael Express to the nearby New Rochelle Metro-North train station, it takes about 30 minutes for Iona students to reach the heart of New York City. This hub of international finance, arts, sports, and communication offers not just world-class internships and career opportunities but lots of recreational options too.
Transfer admission and financial aid
Iona welcomes transfer students on a rolling basis throughout the year. If you enter Iona with an associate degree and a minimum 2.5 cumulative GPA, you will enter with junior status. Iona offers exclusive transfer scholarships along with a financial aid evaluation given to all transfer students who file a FAFSA application.
Join us for a Transfer Tuesday to meet current students, tour campus, and speak with a counselor about which of your credits will transfer. Start your journey to Move the World at iona.edu/transfer.