If you’re looking for a welcoming community with challenging academics and a commitment to serving others, Iona could be the right fit for you.
• First-year students living on campus: 63%
• Male-to-female ratio: 49:51
• Students enrolled from 47 countries
• Student-faculty ratio: 15:1
• Full-time faculty with highest degree in their field: 93%
• Courses taught by teaching assistants: 0
• First-year students receiving financial aid: 99%
• Early Action deadline: December 1
• Regular Admission deadline: February 15
• 2018–2019 tuition and fees: $38,812
• 2018–2019 room and board: $15,278
• Residence halls or apartment options: 7
• Phone number: 800-231-IONA
• Arts Leadership
- Pre-physical Therapy/Pre-physician’s Assistant
• Business (for non-Business majors)
• Business Administration
• Computer Science
- Cyber Security
- Game Development
• Criminal Justice
- Security Threat Assessment and Terrorism
• Drug and Alcohol Abuse Studies
- Childhood/Early Childhood
• Environmental Science
• Environmental Studies
• Film Studies
• Fine and Performing Arts
• General Business
• Information Systems
• Interdisciplinary Science
• International Business
• International Studies
• Mass Communication
- Broadcast Media
- Public Relations
• Peace and Justice Studies
• Political Science
• Public Policy
• Religious Studies
• Social Work
• Speech Communication Studies
• Speech/Language Pathology and Audiology
• Sports, Entertainment, and Media Business
• Web Programming
• Women’s Studies
Iona students can accelerate their education and career with a dual-degree program-—earning both a bachelor’s and master’s in five years. The fast-track option is offered in:
• Business (BBA/MBA)
• Chemistry (BS/MST in Adolescent Education)
• Computer Science (BA/MS)
• Criminal Justice (BA/MS)
• Economics (with Computer Science) (BA/MS)
• Mass Communication (with Public Relations) (BA/MA)
• Mathematics (with Computer Science) (BS/MS)
• Psychology (BA/MA)
Iona offers joint-degree programs in Dentistry, Law, Medicine, and Pharmacy with the following schools:
• Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine
- BA or BS (Iona)/DDS (Dentistry—LECOM)
- BA or BS (Iona)/DO (Medicine—LECOM)
- BA or BS (Iona)/PharmD (Pharmacy—LECOM)
• Seton Hall Law School
- BA or BS (Iona)/JD (Seton Hall Law)
College & Program Accreditations
• AACSB International (Business)
• ABET Computing Accreditation Commission (Computer Science)
• ACEJMC (Journalism/Mass Communication)
• ACS (Chemistry)
• COAMFTE (AAMFT, Marriage and Family Therapy)
• CRLA (Academic Resources)
• CSWE (Social Work)
• Middle States Association
• NASP (Psychology)
• NCATE/CAEP (Education)
If you’re looking for a welcoming community with challenging academics and a commitment to serving others, Iona could be the right fit for you. Located on 45 scenic acres in New Rochelle, New York, just 20 miles north of Midtown Manhattan, Iona provides an educational experience grounded in the liberal arts and enhanced by a strong focus on career-ready skills. As an Iona student, you will develop the knowledge, problem-solving ability, and real-world connections—mentored by our faculty and alumni—to gain a competitive edge in your career.
Iona prepares its students for success in all facets of their lives. Founded in 1940 by the Christian Brothers, the private, comprehensive, four-year Catholic college now enrolls approximately 4,000 undergraduate and graduate students from diverse backgrounds and 47 countries.
Centrally located in Westchester County between the economic centers of New York City and Fairfield County, Connecticut, Iona grants students easy access to internship opportunities in all career fields, and 70% of students complete at least one. Many also participate in Mission & Ministry’s local service projects or week-long trips. Ninety-three percent of Iona graduates are employed or enrolled in graduate school within six months of graduation.
Academics and career pathways
Iona College offers more than 60 programs of study and 45 master’s programs in the School of Arts and Science and the School of Business. With a student-faculty ratio of 15:1, all classes are taught by professors.
Iona’s Honors Program offers specially designed courses, opportunities to conduct independent research, a professional mentoring program, and 24 free credits over the course of four years. Iona also offers eight dual-degree programs in Chemistry, Computer Science, Criminal Justice, Economics, Mass Communications, Mathematics, and Psychology and a Fast-Track MBA program. This allows qualified students to earn two degrees with a year’s cost savings and an earlier start to their career. Joint-degree programs offered with Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine (LECOM) are available in Dentistry, Medicine, and Pharmacy and with Seton Hall Law for the completion of a JD.
Academic facilities include the new Hynes Institute for Entrepreneurship & Innovation; a real-time trading floor with Bloomberg terminals; a Speech and Language Pathology Clinic; expansion of the School of Business, which broke ground this summer; and broadcast media studios. Our faculty have served as international policy advisors, school district superintendents, media professionals, and chief executives in many industries, and they share their expertise with Iona students.
Campus life and facilities
Iona’s vibrant, friendly, and safe campus offers much to do, including performances, NCAA Division I athletics (MAAC), and a thriving Greek life. Students get involved through more than 80 active clubs, student organizations, and intramural sports.
Housing includes traditional residence halls, suites, and apartments. Meal plans are available to students living on or off campus.
With the regularly operating Gael Express to the nearby New Rochelle Metro-North train station, it takes about 30 minutes for Iona students to reach the heart of New York City. This hub of international finance, arts, sports, and communication offers not just world-class internships and career opportunities but lots of recreational options too.
Admission and financial aid
At Iona, you’ll have your own personal admissions counselor. Contact us today to be connected with yours and to schedule a campus visit. For 2017–2018, Iona granted $54.7 million in scholarship and grants. Contact Iona to learn more.