AT A GLANCE
Type of School: Private liberal arts
Location: The 65-acre main campus and more than 700-acre Equine Center and outdoor adventure program is located just 10 miles south of Lexington, Kentucky, in the beautiful Bluegrass Region along the stunning Kentucky River Palisades. Asbury is just minutes from Kentucky’s second-largest city and a little more than an hour from metro Louisville and Cincinnati.
Size of Campus: 65-acre walking campus
Number of Students: Undergraduate: 1,225; graduate: 243; degree completion: 431
Number of Faculty: 101 full-time, 91 part-time (includes all programs)
Colleges: College of Arts, Humanities, and Social Sciences; Howard and Beverly Dayton School of Business; School of Communication Arts; School of Education; School of Science, Health, and Mathematics
• Undergraduate: More than 150 areas of study
- MA in Communication: Digital Storytelling
- MAE (Education)
- MBA (Business)
- MFA in Communication: Screenwriting - MFA in Communication: TV/Film Production
• Degree completion (online):
- Elementary Education
- Health Promotion & Wellness
- Instructional Design
- Leadership & Ministry
- Ministry Management
- Organizational Management
- Public Health
- Social Work
Degrees: Associate of Arts, Associate of Science, Bachelor of Arts, Bachelor of Science, master’s, and specialist
Geographic Diversity: More than 40 states represented; 44 countries represented; 50% in state, 50% out of state
Financial Aid: 100% of new students receive financial aid.
Tuition and Fees: Approximately $32,028 prior to financial aid; room: approximately $4,606; board: approximately $3,362; total typical costs: approximately $13,753 (after financial aid)
Test Score Recommendations: ACT minimum: 22; SAT minimum: 1020; contact us for Classic Learning Test or Test-Optional requirements.
Application Deadlines and Fees: Free and rolling application
Already named one of the most affordable Christian colleges in the nation—with 99% of its students receiving financial aid and the average student paying less than half the original tuition charge—it’s no surprise Asbury University was set apart again in 2019–2020 with a top 10 spot in U.S. News & World Report’s “Regional Universities” rankings. Among nearly 150 colleges and universities in its category, Asbury is the top-ranked school in Kentucky and the only one in the top 20 from Kentucky.
Value is, of course, a wonderful trait, but Asbury is a top-ranked institution for so many other reasons:
• 12:1 student-faculty ratio, with more than 80% of faculty holding the highest degree in their field
• Over 95% graduate school acceptance rate for Math, Sciences, and Music (for more than a decade)
• 100% participation rate in cross-cultural/mission trip programs (plus multiple study abroad options)
• 90+ percentile in national Psychology and English program testing
• Only school in the nation with an Equine Management major and a student-run Service Mount program
• One of just two Christian schools in Kentucky with a nationally accredited Music Department
• Only school in the world with Communication students working as paid journalists at 12 straight Olympic Games
• More than 150 areas of study in addition to degree completion, graduate, and high school dual enrollment
• 16 intercollegiate sports and music ensembles (with scholarships)
Asbury’s commitment to academic excellence is impressive, but spiritual vitality is just as important. At Asbury, you’ll develop lifelong friendships through a safe, residential Christian environment, preparing you to engage in culture and advance the Gospel through your calling. You’ll build a résumé while strengthening your relationship with God.
Celebrating nearly 130 years of academic excellence and spiritual vitality, Asbury alumni have been Nobel Prize finalists, writers for nationally released films and television shows, highest-ranking officers in The Salvation Army, and life-changing doctors, scientists, lawyers, CEOs, teachers, and missionaries.
With 16 sports, the mission of Asbury Athletics is to provide student-athletes with the opportunity to be a witness of faith through intercollegiatec ompetition. Athletes make a difference in their own lives and serve as representatives of the ideas and spirit of Asbury University. In addition to the cross-country course and Luce Center—an on-campus facility that hosts basketball, volleyball, and swimming competitions—Asbury offers on-campus tennis, soccer, lacrosse, softball, and baseball complexes. We also offer scholarships for our Tumbling Team, a unique team utilizing tumbling as a tool for ministry.
Are you ready to start the journey God has crafted for you? Are you ready to make an impact through your calling? Start here. Impact the world.