Academic Excellence & Spiritual Vitality
Type of School: Private, liberal arts
Location: The Asbury University campus—a 65-acre main campus and over-700-acre Equine Center and outdoor adventure program—is located just 10 miles south of Lexington, Kentucky, in the beautiful Bluegrass Region along the stunning Kentucky River Palisades. Asbury is just minutes outside Kentucky’s second-largest city and a little more than an hour from metro Louisville and Cincinnati.
Size of Campus: 65-acre walking campus
Number of Students: Undergraduate: 1,274; graduate: 256; degree completion: 426
Number of Faculty: 101 full time, 91 part time (includes all programs)
Colleges: College of Arts and Sciences, Howard Dayton School of Business, School of Communication Arts, School of Education, School of Graduate and Professional Studies
• Undergraduate: More than 50 majors
- MA in Communication: Digital Storytelling
- MAE (Education)
- MBA (Business)
- MFA in Communication: Screenwriting
- MFA in Communication: TV/Film
• Degree Completion:
- Elementary Education
- Leadership and Ministry
Degrees: Associate of Arts, Bachelor of Arts, Bachelor of Science, specialist, and master’s
Geographic Diversity: 42 states represented; 43 countries represented; 50% in state, 50% out of state
Financial Aid: More than 99% of incoming students receiving financial aid
Tuition and Fees: Approximately $30,000 prior to financial aid; room: approximately $4,300; board: approximately $2,500; total typical costs: approximately $12,485 (after financial aid)
Test Score Recommendations: ACT minimum: 22; SAT minimum: 1020
Application Deadlines and Fees: Free and rolling application
Already named one of the most affordable Christian colleges in the nation—with 99% of its students receiving financial aid and the average student paying less than half the original tuition charge—it’s no surprise Asbury University was set apart again in 2017–2018 with a top15 spot in U.S. News & World Report’s Regional Universities rankings. Among nearly 150 colleges and universities in its category, Asbury is one of only two Christian universities (CCCU members) to earn a place in the top 15.
Value is, of course, a wonderful trait, but Asbury is a top-ranked institution for so many other reasons:
• 12:1 student-faculty ratio, with more than 80% of faculty holding terminal degrees
• 100% graduate school acceptance rate for Math and Sciences (for more than a decade)
• 100% participation rate in cross-cultural/mission trip programs (plus multiple study abroad options)
• 90+ percentile in national Psychology and English program testing
• Only school in the nation with Equine Management major and Service Mount program
• One of two Christian schools in Kentucky with a nationally accredited Music Department
• Only school in the world with Communication students working as paid broadcasters at 15-straight Olympic Games
• More than 50 majors in addition to degree completion, graduate, and high school dual enrollment
• Sports and music ensembles offering scholarships for students
Asbury’s commitment to academic excellence is impressive, but spiritual vitality is just as important. At Asbury, you develop lifelong friendships through a safe, residential Christian environment, preparing you to engage culture and advance the Gospel through your calling. You build a résumé while strengthening your relationship with God.
Celebrating 125 years of academic excellence and spiritual vitality, Asbury alumni have been Nobel Prize finalists, writers for nationally released films and television shows, highest-ranking officers in The Salvation Army, and life-changing doctors, scientists, lawyers, CEOs, teachers, and missionaries.
With 17 sports, the mission of Asbury Athletics is to provide student-athletes with the opportunity to be a witness of faith through intercollegiate competition. The athletes make a difference in their own lives and serve as representatives of the ideas and spirit of Asbury University. In addition to the cross-country course and Luce Center—an on-campus facility that hosts basketball, volleyball, and swimming competitions—Asbury offers on-campus tennis, soccer, lacrosse, softball, and baseball complexes. We also offer scholarships for our Tumbling Team, a unique team utilizing tumbling as a tool for ministry.
Are you ready to start the journey God has crafted for you? Are you ready to make an impact through your calling? If so...start here. Impact the world.