International students choose Salve Regina University for the same reasons US students do: great teaching, a great location, and great activities.
At Salve Regina, small classes ensure a superior classroom experience and close faculty interaction. We empower students to explore a diverse range of academic offerings with internships, research and study abroad opportunities, and combined bachelor’s/master’sdegrees like our five-year BS/MBA or 3+3 Engineering partnership with Washington University in St. Louis.
Our distinguished faculty have teaching, research, and practical experience in a variety of academic fields. Add subject tutoring, personalized advising, a writing center, and English language support, and it’s easy to see why Salve is consistently recognized by U.S. News & World Report for “Best Undergraduate Teaching.”
Living in Newport
Campus visitors comment on the ocean views and landscaped buildings,but any conversation about Salve hasto include Newport, the region’s top tourist destination. The city’s attractions—and there are many—are all close by. Students enjoy sailing, bird watching, and hiking the six-kilometer Cliff Walk. There are museums, art galleries, theaters, shops, and 40+ restaurants along Newport Harbor.
Of course, you don’t have to leave campus to have fun. Salve is a vibrant university where student organizations flourish. Make use of the gymnasium, fitness center, and playing fields; learn photography; or participate in community service. We have everything from Model UN and Mad Batter bakers to WSRU radio, the International Students Club, and SRYou Exposition—a day dedicated to showcasing student research and class projects.
Welcoming students worldwide
Our international community represents more than 20 countries from five continents. Come join us. In the words of University president Dr. Kelli J. Armstrong, “International students are deeply valued. We learn as much from them as they learn from us—maybe more.”
International student friendly
You are welcome here. We waive the application fee for international students and offer several international-friendly benefits:
• Free airport pickup for international student orientation
• Guaranteed on-campus housing and no charge for housing during semester breaks
• Generous advanced standing credit for IB and AP test scores
• International merit scholarships based on admission credentials
• Free English language support and English conversation partners
• Dedicated international advisor to assist with immigration, visas, and cultural adjustment
• Free bicycles on campus for student use
• A support team of international student mentors
• Free bus transportation around Newport and throughout Rhode Island